INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Gessler

Country flag
yeah, old name.

Yes, it's not on the drawing board, but there's prototype out there in developmental trials.
Is it in 5.56 or 7.62x51 ? I've read previously that a 7.62 LMG was being made by OFB.

Gessler

Country flag
As far as i know, Its based on FN-MAG aka MMG with bipod and buttstock ..
Are you basing this info on this image?

That's just a stock photo of US-made M240 (also based on MAG) with telescopic stock...here's from the other side from elsewhere on the internet -

But yes, it's possible that OFB might be making something like this. What is interesting is that they are calling this LMG instead of calling it MMG/GPMG. Traditionally, an LMG is supposed to share the same caliber as the assault rifles in the infantry and only the GPMGs have the bigger 7.62 Nato rounds.

Do you think it's likely that OFB wants to develop a replacement for both the INSAS-LMG and the PK/PKM using the same family of new-build 7.62 machine guns?

Shrinivas Amane

=====================
=====================

Conclusion : What i learned is that Excalibur has different version itself, Mainly with different barrels and it is design for both Long and Close combat operations, It is light and short compare to 1B1 in service, I was impressed with the fiber quality that Rifle offers compare to 1B1 also the Rifle operation is same as 1B1 hence it does not require new training to handle, Overall its a good design rifle and deserve operational service within Army..

It is also unfortunate that i cannot used this nice Rifle over firing range to know full extend of its capability and preform-ace ..

Cheers ! :)

=======================

Keeping location Private .. :)
look at Rifles color finishing...... What D F**k....

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

The service firearm is meant for combat, It does not matter how it looks, It does not matter how it feels personally to you but what matter most it should come out of trails by user and should work at place where it must.

D F**K wrong with your brains ..

The Rifle now replacing older 1b1 is the improved 1b1, Their is no color applied unless by the unit itself, Manufacturing apply coating like the one used by above in photo ..

=================

Assam Rifles

Bihar Armed Police

Nagaland Armed police

Karnataka Armed Police
INSAS Excalibur MK1A has many users..

===================

OFB GPMG is at far right ..

look at Rifles color finishing...... What D F**k....
All the best to OFB.

For inspiration:

Gessler

Country flag
@Kunal Biswas If OFB's new 7.62 LMG is indeed derived from the MAG versions they build (2A1, 6A), the end result might indeed be very similar in concept to the M240 (with stock and potentially, rails).

On that note...have a go at these pics of the new M240LW from Barrett, engineering to be a lighter M240B.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Why is a guy from a state armed police wearing Indian Army fatigues? :shock:
You can even see the IA logo on his right thigh!
Its high time the IA issued new jungle dress, with a distinctive camo (preferably multicam) so that no just any jawan is confused as an IA jawan by the public.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
PCD1.jpg
Commandos show their skills at the 7th All India Police Commandos Competition at Rajasthan Police Training Centre, in Jodhpur. 6/2/2017

Global Defence

New threads

Articles