INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Hari Sud

Country flag
Do not chase INSAS rifle too much. For all the bad reasons it has been dumped by the army.

Now begin chasing good, better or the best 7.62x51 rifle in the world market and educate the keyboard warriors with these rifles and the one which Indian Army is more likely to select.

pmaitra

This is old news folks. I learnt about this export from conversation at OFB stall at Defexpo 2002.
Please tell us more about this. Do you have any information on how many rifles were sold? Also, were those INSAS AR only or did the sale include INSAS LMG as well? Also, were the INSAS AR semi-auto or fully-auto?

Thanks!

aditya g

Country flag
I am afraid I did not discuss it to that level. My guess is the same IA version would have been sold else it would have come up

Please tell us more about this. Do you have any information on how many rifles were sold? Also, were those INSAS AR only or did the sale include INSAS LMG as well? Also, were the INSAS AR semi-auto or fully-auto?

Thanks!

pmaitra

I am afraid I did not discuss it to that level. My guess is the same IA version would have been sold else it would have come up
Thanks.

Since you came to know about this in 2002, it is strange this missed our attention for so long. Thanks for sharing.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Can any one explain difference between all rifles in INSAS family...and who are actively using them?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles