INS Vishal (IAC- II) Aircraft Carrier - Flattop or Ski Jump

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
F35C.. Even Aussies are running from F-35 lemon ... Super hornets may be better than that... i would put money on Cato-bar modification for MIG 29-K would increase fuel/weapons by increasing MTOW

Wonder if it can be used as training platform for new carrier crew.. wont we need a full set of trained personnel for another carrier?
How about if it can be automated temporarily and could be used for testing our anti ship ballistic missile?
:D

Gessler

Country flag
Vikramaditya - MiG-29K
IAC-1 Vikrant - MiG-29K, N-LCA Mk-2 (if ready by then, otherwise more 29Ks)
IAC-2 Vishaal - Rafale-M

If additional Vikrant-class CVs are sought, Rafale-Ms will still be the obvious choice for any post-2020 requirement.

In the distant future (around 2030 or further down the line), an N-FGFA or N-AMCA will make it onto the Vishaal-class carriers.

N-LCA Mk.2s could be seen on both Vikrant & Vishaal-class carriers.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Vikramaditya - MiG-29K
IAC-1 Vikrant - MiG-29K, N-LCA Mk-2 (if ready by then, otherwise more 29Ks)
IAC-2 Vishaal - Rafale-M

If additional Vikrant-class CVs are sought, Rafale-Ms will still be the obvious choice for any post-2020 requirement.

In the distant future (around 2030 or further down the line), an N-FGFA or N-AMCA will make it onto the Vishaal-class carriers.

N-LCA Mk.2s could be seen on both Vikrant & Vishaal-class carriers.
Vishal isn't a class man. :p
INS Vishal is a Vikrant Class Carrier.
And by 2030, new classes will also be launched and probably will enter service. :biggrin2:

Gessler

Country flag
Vishal isn't a class man. :p
INS Vishal is a Vikrant Class Carrier.
And by 2030, new classes will also be launched and probably will enter service. :biggrin2:
Vishaal is, among defence circles, the unofficial name for the IAC-2 class. Which is the 65,000-ton nuclear flattop.

Vikrant-class is the IAC-1, the 40,000-ton conventional STOBAR powered by gas-turbine engines. So far only one ship of this class has been envisaged & constructed, the Vikrant you see being fitted out at CSL. Any further ships of the Vikrant-class haven't yet been confirmed or even officially considered, let alone named!

Once the nuclear carrier's design has been finalized, there could be a maximum of 4 ships of that class. A minimum of 1 and as per that guy PARIKRAMA's sources, 2.

No country in the world starts building a new carrier-class each decade once a matured design has been attained. Such an endeavor will be an economic & logistical nightmare. There will be no other class of aircraft carriers after this nuclear one - not until the time closes in to replace these carriers sometime in late 2050s or 2060s. This itself will be the ultimate, matured Indian carrier design.

What could come by 2030s however, will be additional ships of this class. Later ships of the class will be incorporated with newer technologies like radars, SAMs etc. These techs will also be implemented on earlier ships of the class through Mid-Life Upgrades if possible.

That is just my educated opinion. :)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Vishaal is, among defence circles, the unofficial name for the IAC-2 class. Which is the 65,000-ton nuclear flattop.

Vikrant-class is the IAC-1, the 40,000-ton conventional STOBAR powered by gas-turbine engines. So far only one ship of this class has been envisaged & constructed, the Vikrant you see being fitted out at CSL. Any further ships of the Vikrant-class haven't yet been confirmed or even officially considered, let alone named!

Once the nuclear carrier's design has been finalized, there could be a maximum of 4 ships of that class. A minimum of 1 and as per that guy PARIKRAMA's sources, 2.

No country in the world starts building a new carrier-class each decade once a matured design has been attained. Such an endeavor will be an economic & logistical nightmare. There will be no other class of aircraft carriers after this nuclear one - not until the time closes in to replace these carriers sometime in late 2050s or 2060s. This itself will be the ultimate, matured Indian carrier design.

What could come by 2030s however, will be additional ships of this class. Later ships of the class will be incorporated with newer technologies like radars, SAMs etc. These techs will also be implemented on earlier ships of the class through Mid-Life Upgrades if possible.

That is just my educated opinion. :)
You got it wrong dude. Let me correct.
INS Vikrant and INS Vishal are two ships of Class Vikrant Class Aircraft Carrier.
Vikrant is a ship, not a whole class, same for Vishal. Later, in next decade, more classes will be unveiled.

Gessler

Country flag
You got it wrong dude. Let me correct.
INS Vikrant and INS Vishal are two ships of Class Vikrant Class Aircraft Carrier.
Vikrant is a ship, not a whole class, same for Vishal. Later, in next decade, more classes will be unveiled.
Did you get that from Wikipedia?

Cuz that is simply incorrect. So far there is only 1 ship of the Vikrant-class (IAC-1 design). Please refer to analysts/journalists who are involved in the defence matters like Prasun K. Sengupta, Ajai Shukla, Shiv Aroor or Saurav Jha if you don't believe me. They will all tell you the same thing.

I think you've got the whole class-designation thing confused. A 40,000-ton STOBAR conventional carrier and a 65,000-ton CATOBAR nuclear carrier can NEVER be ships of the same class. That's just utter baloney. A class of ships means that all the ships of that class are the exact same as far as design goes. You can put different electronic systems on each ship if you like, but usually that's not the case either.

A class of ships is usually named after the first ship of the type. Shivalik-class frigates are so named because the first ship of the class is called Shivalik. Same for Kolkata-class or Nimitz-class or Queen Elizabeth-class.

So if additional ships of the IAC-1 design (40,000-ton STOBAR conventional) are built in future, they WILL be called the Vikrant-class just because the first ship of that type is named as such.

The "Vishaal" we're talking about is the unofficial name for IAC-2 (65,000-ton CATOBAR nuclear) design.

There is no such thing as a "Vishaal" as far as official designations go. That term is just someone giving a more proper 'name' for the IAC-2 nuclear-powered carrier. Defence sites run by amateurs caught up with the name and now it's everywhere.

Just like how the S-5 SSBN is often called Avinash. That too is an unofficial designation.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Did you get that from Wikipedia?

Cuz that is simply incorrect. So far there is only 1 ship of the Vikrant-class (IAC-1 design). Please refer to analysts/journalists who are involved in the defence matters like Prasun K. Sengupta, Ajai Shukla, Shiv Aroor or Saurav Jha if you don't believe me. They will all tell you the same thing.

I think you've got the whole class-designation thing confused. A 40,000-ton STOBAR conventional carrier and a 65,000-ton CATOBAR nuclear carrier can NEVER be ships of the same class. That's just utter baloney. A class of ships means that all the ships of that class are the exact same as far as design goes. You can put different electronic systems on each ship if you like, but usually that's not the case either.

A class of ships is usually named after the first ship of the type. Shivalik-class frigates are so named because the first ship of the class is called Shivalik. Same for Kolkata-class or Nimitz-class or Queen Elizabeth-class.

So if additional ships of the IAC-1 design (40,000-ton STOBAR conventional) are built in future, they WILL be called the Vikrant-class just because the first ship of that type is named as such.

The "Vishaal" we're talking about is the unofficial name for IAC-2 (65,000-ton CATOBAR nuclear) design.

There is no such thing as a "Vishaal" as far as official designations go. That term is just someone giving a more proper 'name' for the IAC-2 nuclear-powered carrier. Defence sites run by amateurs caught up with the name and now it's everywhere.

Just like how the S-5 SSBN is often called Avinash. That too is an unofficial designation.
http://www.cochinshipyard.com/

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
???

I can't seem to find anywhere that they're building a ship called INS Vishaal.

Can you give a more specific link from within the website?
Me too. It's my mistake to give you site before myself reading it. :p
Hang on for some time.
I will search another official site.

Immanuel

Country flag
INS Vishal is its own class and won't be ready for atleast another 12 years. Rafale-M being used on the INS Vishal is pretty far fetched, IN would be pretty stupid if they did. Why bother with Rafale (4.5 gen) at that point when they can easily have Naval PAKFA or the F-35 (5th gen options) on it.

Let's see if the IAF gets the Rafale in the first place, one can always rely on the French on fucking up what should be done deal.

lookieloo

Just putting this out there for comparisons to CATOBAR version of Mig-29K... the wings on Rafale-M don't fold...

Immanuel

Country flag
Rafale for IN won't happen even though the pimps in France try to push it. For INS Vikramaditya and IAC-1 INS Vikrant we will have 45 Mig-29K spread between the 2 carriers along side some N-LCA MK-1 LSPs for testing. There isn't enough room for Rafale. INS Vishal's timelines don't match the Rafale, competant an aircraft though it is, there will be better aircraft available by then inlcuding the Naval PAKFA, F-35 or even the AMCA if timing is right.

aditya g

Country flag
Guys both Aircrafts of IN prowling at Vizag coast. Sorry for clarity ..I took from mobile.
1st and3rd Ins viraat
2nd pic Ins vikramaditya
DFI is looking forward for on ground coverage of IFR from you friend. May I suggest the purchase of a digi cam for this occasion

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
DFI is looking forward for on ground coverage of IFR from you friend. May I suggest the purchase of a digi cam for this occasion
Pardon me .
I broke my hand. I can't go in there.
but I will borrow pics from my classmates. Even videos.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles