Indian Special Forces

rkhanna

Country flag
CAG is Delta - JSOC

ASOC is army special operations command - SOCOM
Ikr, I was mentioning with context to the shooting competition...cag is often reffered to as USASOC over there instead of official name.
Hmm never heard of them using ASOC as a cover name. Specially when it's a whole different command. IMO ASOC themselves wouldn't take kindly to that considering they arnt the biggest fanboys of delta.

This was a ASOC competition is probably a team of Mixed personal from Charlie teams and Intel and command rather than a ODA.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
I think MCF itself is a Tier 1 unit, yes they do have a counter terrorist standby unit like UKSF, they call it QRS 'Quick Reaction Section'
Here are a few images
1711633921558.jpeg
They do anti-hijack ops too, NSG is not enough because if anybody remembers the Achile Lauro incident, a hijacked cruise ship was docked in Egypt and the hostages were boarded into an aircraft, the SEAL Team Six operators having already done all the preperations, it was much easier to transport them by sea to Italy, since they were on standby in the Mediterranean. It's much more to do with logistics than with anything else, just like why the Navy has it's own fighter planes.

Yes still, NSG is the primer and only Anti-Hijack unit, apart from probably, SCTU which on one will mention because no one knows about. But NSG's domain is within the country and MARCOS have cross trained in case they are needed. Like if a situation arises where the Indian Navy is depoloyed they will send MARCOS since they are the quickest to be there. 70% of earth's surface is water.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
@airborneCommando @Jedi Operator @rkhanna @kaboom @NutCracker @jai jaganath and everyone else sorry I don't remember everyone who's actives username , He is doing Q&A kinda thing if you all have any questions please ask
oh here are a few

1. Are MARCOS comparable to NSG in terms of CQB, because I get different answers depending on whom I ask
2. Is there a system where Para SF could benifit from guys being sent to NSG or SG in terms of any new tactical employment or so...
3. Will Para SF also get Arads ? What was that news about
4. What about Garuds ? What's the mandate they think they have
5. What's his say on AFSOD ?

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I think MCF itself is a Tier 1 unit, yes they do have a counter terrorist standby unit like UKSF, they call it QRS 'Quick Reaction Section'
Here are a few images
View attachment 245961 They do anti-hijack ops too, NSG is not enough because if anybody remembers the Achile Lauro incident, a hijacked cruise ship was docked in Egypt and the hostages were boarded into an aircraft, the SEAL Team Six operators having already done all the preperations, it was much easier to transport them by sea to Italy, since they were on standby in the Mediterranean. It's much more to do with logistics than with anything else, just like why the Navy has it's own fighter planes.

Yes still, NSG is the primer and only Anti-Hijack unit, apart from probably, SCTU which on one will mention because no one knows about. But NSG's domain is within the country and MARCOS have cross trained in case they are needed. Like if a situation arises where the Indian Navy is depoloyed they will send MARCOS since they are the quickest to be there. 70% of earth's surface is water.
MCF don't refer to themselves as a tier 1 unit neither do other SF units in India as it doesn't exists for the Indian context.

Frogmen don't have a separate CI unit like UKSF, even comparing with UKSF is wrong comparison in itself as MARCOs are at par with SBS not the whole UKSF!
(His words)

Jedi Operator

Country flag
MCF don't refer to themselves as a tier 1 unit neither do other SF units in India as it doesn't exists for the Indian context.

Frogmen don't have a separate CI unit like UKSF, even comparing with UKSF is wrong comparison in itself as MARCOs are at par with SBS not the whole UKSF!
(His words)
I said UKSF because all UKSF have a this thing like a QRF.
And wait, I dont mean to say MARCOS have a seperate CI unit.
Now in UKSF, their deployment cycles are such - 6 months predeployment training, 6 months deployment, 6 months counter terrorist (special projects team), 6 months standby and contingency role

So as in that, I belive MARCOS have a similar rotational cycle, where after deployment and further training or so, they might be doing some time on the QRF role. And yes, all MARCOS do that kinda role, now I dont know if comparing them with UKSF is good idea

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles