Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
That's Steyr SSG 69 (dedicated bolt action sniper) without scope.CSWT also train snipers from state police.

Obviously the target can't be hit with that accuracy without Scope.

Sometimes one has to use his mind,if common sense is absent.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
4th Para SF

View attachment 8297

I've asked this question in Indian COIN pics thread, " Why is is that we do not have a centralised camo pattern. Each of them wears different camo. Is it an Op - requirement?" Please educate me.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

Chinmoy

Country flag
I've asked this question in Indian COIN pics thread, " Why is is that we do not have a centralised camo pattern. Each of them wears different camo. Is it an Op - requirement?" Please educate me.

Actually what you have asked here is about the Digitized camo pattern. You cant have a specific camo pattern for Army or any other Paramilitary. Leave alone special forces. Camo pattern changes with operational environment need.
But I think TATA advance is working something towards digitized camo pattern (although I have yet to hear it officially). But then too you would not see a standard pattern.

Chinmoy

Country flag
>>By Group you mean ?<<<

None of those pictures show rifles with Scopes. Can't figure out the make of the rifle but looks like a bolt action rifle that is probably not "cutting edge".

If somebody has made those Grouping with these rifles with only Iron Sights at 500mts. thats Bloody good shooting.
Even with scope its a perfect grouping. You have to take into account the terrain and the environmental conditions during these shots. AFAIK BSF special forces training are given in MP and Chattisgarh region, which are bloody hot year around. Hot and arid regions do present much more challenges for long distance shooting then cold region does.

Bornubus

As far as i know about the camo pattern of Para,it is different according to the field.

Those who serves in north east have dark green like Paki SSG while desert scorpions have light yellowish.

In kashmir they have no dress code,they even wear Kashmiri Pheran and looks like a Musalman.

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
I think the only difference is in rounds it fire. While Vidhwanshak is been adapted to fire 14.5x114mm, 12.7x108mm, 20x82 mm, DENEL is capable of firing 20x82mm, 20x110mm, 14.5x114mm.
The NTW-20 20x110mm variant is a stand-alone rifle with only a single caliber available (20x110 HS) as of now, it's also only single shot v/s magazine fed of the original NTW-20. The NTW-20 20x110 is not backwards compatible with the 14.5x114mm and 20x82mm calibers of the original NTW-20.

The Vidhwansak with 12.7x108mm barrel has a flash hider very similar to the NSV. I guess the 20x82mm and 14.5x114mm barrels would be similar to the NTW-20. There are cosmetic differences between the two, like the buttstock, scope (8x56 Lynx on the NTW while 8x42 on the Vidhwansak) and monopod design etc along with the 12.7x108mm caliber addition.

Last edited:

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
^ I am not so sure about the sight as of this moment. The NTW brochure mentions 8x56 Lynx sight while the Tactical small arms of the 21st Century book mentioned an unnamed 8x42mm scope. OFB mentions 8x42mm scope on their Vidhwansak's as well.

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
Also in doing more research got to know that Denel redesigned the 20x110mm variant with a 3 shot magazine instead of the original single-shot.

Zulfiqar Khan

Hey; do the Indian Special Forces put an emphasis on physical conditioning?

Many of them to be out of shape(ish).

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag

Is that meant to be a mockery? The name it self suggests that those forces are special and they will be trained with more emphasis. Indian special forces train every single day to keep themselves in their best shape. They are trained in combat sports in par with professional sports persons. I suggest that you read about the training of ISF in wikipedia.

May be you can provide some evidence to support your statement.

Bornubus

There are other threads out there for your chutiyapa.I have seen your Nerd E Momin SSG, how well built they are.

No wonder why SSG got beaten so many time by Indian regular infantry let alone our SF.

thethinker

Country flag
There are other threads out there for your chutiyapa.I have seen your Nerd E Momin SSG, how well built they are.

No wonder why SSG got beaten so many time by Indian regular infantry let alone our SF.
Paki trolls are incompetent even when trolling.

Those whose "special forces" were dropped into wrong Indian areas, captured by a few villagers and pleaded for mercy should not comment on others.

War blunders in 1965
http://www.dawn.com/news/839808/war-blunders-in-1965

:hehe:

On the night of Sept 6, 1965, three C-130 planes took off from Peshawar and headed towards the Pathankot, Adampur and Halwara airbases. The passengers were SSG commandos who were to parachute into pre-selected areas in the vicinity of the bases, then move in and create havoc.

At 2.30am (Indian time) they jumped out and in less than a minute hit the ground, most of them landing in settlements and water channels that were not supposed to be there. The alarm was raised. With surprise, their main weapon lost, their mission was foredoomed to failure. The next 48 hours saw them fighting running battles with their pursuers until their ammunition ran out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles