Indian Railways News

Physx32

Country flag
most station and train cleaning is on contract, ticketing is corporatized, and so is food and cleaning. Some coach factories are operated by private companies.
Alstom builds this bad boy in Electric Locomotive Factory, madhepur which it partially owns. There are limits to privatization.
You've no clue about IR, please stop! Alstom is a French company. They built that factory in Bihar for WAG12 manufacturing and maintenance. Nothing there is managed by IR.

RS Live (on YouTube) made a video on Alstom's factory, their warehouse management is 100 years ahead of anything dumb IR babus can comprehend.

Anupu

Country flag
You've no clue about IR, please stop! Alstom is a French company. They built that factory in Bihar for WAG12 manufacturing and maintenance. Nothing there is managed by IR.

RS Live (on YouTube) made a video on Alstom's factory, their warehouse management is 100 years ahead of anything dumb IR babus can comprehend.
Toh our kya keh raha hoon, they are slowly selling off coach factories and privatizing stations, etc. You can't corporatize the whole railway though. Large losses.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

Overhaul and Maintenance of Alstom machine is also done by them?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
@Anupu

Group D
Group D employees make up bulk of the workforce and their salary is 18000 to 30000.
Same job if tendered out properly could be done with 15000 to 25000 + we can actually hold them more accountable.

Physx32

Country flag
Overhaul and Maintenance of Alstom machine is also done by them?
Yes. All the WAG12s are maintained by Alstom. IR workshops and low quality personnel won't be able to maintain these. Just look at the condition of those WAP7 locos.

Same will be done for VBs (RVNL-TMH JV) and Alstom (for aluminium VBs).

Physx32

Country flag
Toh our kya keh raha hoon, they are slowly selling off coach factories and privatizing stations, etc. You can't corporatize the whole railway though. Large losses.
Completely wrong! No xCF or xLW has been sold off!

No station has been privatised.

Anupu

Country flag
Group D employees make up bulk of the workforce and their salary is 18000 to 30000.
Same job if tendered out properly could be done with 15000 to 25000 + we can actually hold them more accountable.
Once this station privatization begins exactly this will happen, but look, first they tried outright selling stations there was zero interest. Privatization is not always straightforward, you need the right model first.
Completely wrong! No xCF or xLW has been sold off!

No station has been privatised.
Padh le bhai.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Abhi aur kya ho raha hai, the government takes on the losses on its books. Tax payers subsidize it.
Abhi ho ye raha he ki. Hum 22000 ek bande ko De rahe he jo ki tikh se kam bhi nahi karta. Corruption itna he ki direct hose se track saf ki jati he, pressure hose ka Paisa Dakar Liya jata he.
You can't hold the Group D wala neither the department liable. You can file a case of grievance against IRCTC or private entities tho.
The detergent procured is of a very low quality all thanks to corruption, there is mo motivation to innovate the cleaning process either since the gormint deposits monthly salary anyway.

Brudda humhi log is sector me corruption karke paisa chap rahe he.

Physx32

Country flag
Many of those employees act as personal servants for railway officers. They work 24/7 in their houses doing daily chores, bazar, etc.

Don't ask me how I know.

After the disaster in Balasore, Vaishnaw had heated meetings with senior railway and CRS babus. Babus promised that there won't be anymore disastrous derailments. And that didn't age well. (These are internal discussions)

I'm sure VRSs are incoming.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Many of those employees act as personal servants for railway officers. They work 24/7 in their houses doing daily chores, bazar, etc.
Arey Bhaisab I know all to well, Jan pehchan ke log tender utathe he.
Kuch log IES he jo ki crore me kamate he

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
@Physx32 https://www.manufacturingtodayindia.com/sectors/indias-largest-private-rail-coach-factory-is-in-hyderabad-now#:~:text=Spanning 100 acres with an,a substantial built-up area.&text=Telangana Chief Minister K.
I think even Vande Bharat is going to be made by private manufacturers. I know no "existing" factory has been sold if you mean that, but the manufacturing of coaches and locomotives is definitely moving private.
Duhh, what is titagarh wagons, Jupiter wagons, Chittranjan locomotives.
I am talking about further extending it to yard maintenance.
And not just that there should be 2 to 3 all round companies that can manufacture and maintain trains.
There is no such right now.

Anupu

Country flag
Duhh, what is titagarh wagons, Jupiter wagons, Chittranjan locomotives.
I am talking about further extending it to yard maintenance.
And not just that there should be 2 to 3 all round companies that can manufacture and maintain trains.
There is no such right now.
Eventually, yes, but first you need private players in the game. Pehle kitne the? I don't think I heard a single private player before this government. There was zero interest in the PPP model for EDFC so construction is still out of the question. There is a long way before privatization or corporatization.

Ye jo link diya, usko dhyan se padhle.

ELF (and DLF) are new JV projects with foreign companies and MoR. These are not privatisation of existing railway factories.

And the number of locos these factories produce are miniscule compared to those made by xLWs.
Woh bhi ho jayga, but dismantling an existing system is not that straightforward. Railway unions are the strongest ones in this country. Much more than DPSU ones. At least now we have an alternative to introduce new technology, rather than remaining captive to these institutes.

Physx32

Country flag
@Physx32 https://www.manufacturingtodayindia.com/sectors/indias-largest-private-rail-coach-factory-is-in-hyderabad-now#:~:text=Spanning 100 acres with an,a substantial built-up area.&text=Telangana Chief Minister K.
I think even Vande Bharat is going to be made by private manufacturers. I know no "existing" factory has been sold if you mean that, but the manufacturing of coaches and locomotives is definitely moving private.
200 steel VBs will be made by RVNL-TMH JV and Titagarh wagons-BHEL JV.

And then, IR will award the tender of 100 aluminium VB trains to Alstom (after 10 years). Right now they're haggling to reduce the bid amount.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles