Indian Railways News

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Also unlike airlines. Where a particular model of jahaz is grounded for investigation etc.
Same cannot be done to railways

jai jaganath

Country flag

First time got this site
Don't know about their origin
But I feel somewhere they are correct
Other members can read and give their opinion

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Could be but many signaling errors happening and officials or Loco pilots being responsible but the consistent train accidents doesn't seem to connect dots wrt man made errors

What we are seeing may be the collapse of railway operations. The current practices not able to match up with growing demand in railways. That is the reason we are seeing dfccil and nhsrcl as separate entity to handle them.

Reforms are required at most at this time.

fooLIam

First time got this site
Don't know about their origin
But I feel somewhere they are correct
Other members can read and give their opinion
The articles seems to be written by some UPSC babu and seems to be apologist from babus association.I could not read after 2 paragraph. But all post in ministry as well as advisors of railway upto CRB which is top post below minister is filled by railway babus. Railway babus are scum and unmotivated ,inefficient and incompetent .these guys are still running railway through British era procedures and only interested in their comfort and entitlements.
Now government approach toward these inept and sorry excuse of babus and generals is really puzzling ,not taking harsh steps like firing.

Last edited:

fooLIam

What we are seeing may be the collapse of railway operations. The current practices not able to match up with growing demand in railways. That is the reason we are seeing dfccil and nhsrcl as separate entity to handle them.

Reforms are required at most at this time.
Even ddccil and nhscrl management comes from railways only you can guess who are they upsc clearing babus. In my opinion goverment really needs some reforms to improve railway .making psu it psu and responsible for loss and profits is one way to go.
Railway overall is very rotten organisation. I don’t understand why there is separate ministry for it just merge with ministry with transport and waterways.

Azaad

Country flag
2 new WAP-5s top and tail, pulling the Vande Sadharan express
Seems to me another regular Locomotive hauled train as opposed to trainsets which is what Vande Bharat was all about. What's unique about this except association with the word Vande.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Seems to me another regular Locomotive hauled train as opposed to trainsets which is what Vande Bharat was all about. What's unique about this except association with the word Vande.
The coaches are modernized to an extent and come with cameras. The nosejob WAP-5s are the only good outcome. But IR really took a trick from Chevy's playbook. Success by association.
1699794476329.png
1699794488702.png

Azaad

Country flag
The coaches are modernized to an extent and come with cameras. The nosejob WAP-5s are the only good outcome. But IR really took a trick from Chevy's playbook. Success by association.
View attachment 228998View attachment 228999
Most developed countries have completely migrated to train sets long ago. We're still struggling to develop a road map - about how & when will we get to 150 kmph at least on vital routes followed by 200 & 250 kmph ?

When will we standardize all passenger trains with AC & running at a minimum speed of 150 kmph & the road map on when & how do we plan to achieve this ?

How's VB tech going to be refined & upgraded to give us our own indigenous Bullet train & by when ?

RN all we've achieved is 100% electrification when it wasn't even called for in each & every sector across the nation. I sincerely hope this isn't a case of well begun is half done .

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Most developed countries have completely migrated to train sets long ago. We're still struggling to develop a road map - about how & when will we get to 150 kmph at least on vital routes followed by 200 & 250 kmph ?

When will we standardize all passenger trains with AC & running at a minimum speed of 150 kmph & the road map on when & how do we plan to achieve this ?

How's VB tech going to be refined & upgraded to give us our own indigenous Bullet train & by when ?

RN all we've achieved is 100% electrification when it wasn't even called for in each & every sector across the nation. I sincerely hope this isn't a case of well begun is half done .
Freight gets higher priority here. We're still reliant on foreign tech advisory teams for upgrades. Need nationwide elevated tracks for high speed rail, barricading doesn't work in India. AC on all trains will become available when the Railway's revenue goes up. Projects are as always moving at a relaxed turtle's pace.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
It is same as the Push-Pull train.

Only thing we can expect is, they have updated the Toilets, Couplers derived from VB. But this is a bullshit concepts and since opposition may try to spin BJP neglecting poor, they are doing this Train.

Things with respect to railway they are perennially stuck in moving forward. We should have started to upgrade tracks, signaling but everything is moving slowly.

For Diwali in TN. There will be 6 lakh buses to move people across state. While there is at max 12-15 trains from Chennai to Southern regions. Doubling done, MPS is still 100-110 KMPH, Signaling not updated. Trains were not upgraded.

This is for TN. Now compare to other dense network like Delhi-Kolkata. We are already seeing people were stuffed inside UR coaches.

They need to do revolution same as Highways.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
vande sadharan is an embarrassing train. It shouldn't exist.
Probably to separate non-ac and AC class of travellers while keeping same speeds.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Even ddccil and nhscrl management comes from railways only you can guess who are they upsc clearing babus. In my opinion goverment really needs some reforms to improve railway .making psu it psu and responsible for loss and profits is one way to go.
Railway overall is very rotten organisation. I don’t understand why there is separate ministry for it just merge with ministry with transport and waterways.

Both of them were depends on Railway Board to manage. Recruitment is also independent of Railways. If you see the use lot of automation in track laying to signaling. NHSCRL is a different ballgame. They are being guided by Japs themselves.

On the other hand Railways simply not interested to run passenger services and at the same time sabotaged the Private train plan.

Reactions: SKC

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Probably to separate non-ac and AC class of travellers while keeping same speeds.
Non-AC -- MAX 130KMPH. Due to physics.
AC - 160 KMPH and more.

Missed things on this Train.
Automatic doors.

fooLIam

Both of them were depends on Railway Board to manage. Recruitment is also independent of Railways. If you see the use lot of automation in track laying to signaling. NHSCRL is a different ballgame. They are being guided by Japs themselves.

On the other hand Railways simply not interested to run passenger services and at the same time sabotaged the Private train plan.
Railway board is useless .same board also manages all railways and results are everybody see. Useless upsc clear babus who have no motivation and only selfishnesses.
if railway board was half good as Japanese railway people our rail infastructure would have been good .it not like railway is some rocket science it just our leadership and babus just don’t want it .they are only there to fill and warm their chair and enjoys the entitlement from British era . How many of you knows these babus travel by railway by attaching different coach in which is all kind of servant and service on board and stations like they are president of India which costs in 10 of lakhs for 990 km journey when airlines service are available for thousands.
Till last year there was post known as dak khal lassi whose sole job was to take and goes to deliver all official letters in age of emails and smartphone.
Nhrscl and all other railway psu are ruse for these upsc clowns to create more posts for themself . Most are filled by these railway upsc clown. Goverment did try by lateral entry but there is no more noise about it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles