Indian Military Trucks

shubhamsaikia

I seem to like the Ashok Leyland. And Tatra FATs are simple 4x4s which the AAD units already have.

Zebra

Country flag
Sorry .
I tried to edit my post #3 for the same reason but left it as it is .
This thread is for Tracked and Towed Gun or Army Trucks ?
May be few wrong / off topic posts here on Gun's thread .

pmaitra

Sorry .
I tried to edit my post #3 for the same reason but left it as it is .
This thread is for Tracked and Towed Gun or Army Trucks ?
May be few wrong / off topic posts here on Gun's thread .
I only posted pictures of those that are listed to be participating.

In my opinion, they should kick out Tatra-BEML and have an evaluation of Tata, AL and Ural.

sob

Mod
Country flag
I agree Tatra BEML needs to be kicked out of this tender, we can do without costly imports, when Indian companies have the requisite equipment to offer. We have better use of of our precious foreign exchange reserves.

Zebra

Country flag
1) The army had issued a global tender for procuring over 255 heavy eight-wheeled trucks in 2010 and a few indigenous companies along with BEML are competing, sources said here.

The summer trials are being held in desert and hot and dusty conditions at different locations across the country after winter trials of the participating companies were held late last year, army sources said.

2) The army has carried out trials of six-wheeled trucks and Tatra is among the six companies including Tata and Ashok Leyland taking part in it. The tender issued in 2009 for buying around 1240 trucks was open only for Indian manufacturers.

full article : Tatra trucks to take part in summer trials by army - India - DNA

As per the source in post #1 , there are two different tenders .

1) 255 heavy 8x8 wheeled trucks - global tender .
2) 1240 6x6 wheeled trucks - tender is for only Indian manufacturers .

:thumb:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Forces are not going to throw away 7000 TAREA trucks they have. They will use those..

However new procurement of TATRAS seems to be out. It has become infamous like Bofors> Bofors had some strength in the guns but Tatra is not only a loot but substandard maal......

Zebra

Country flag
If they find Tatra-BEML had did some thing wrong and BEML was also involved in it , then what will happen ?
MoD will ban BEML also ?

Zebra

Country flag
Sir, my guess would be the six firms are
1)TATA
2)ASHOK LEYLAND
3)TATRA BEML
4)MAHINDRA-NAVISTAR
5)EICHER
6)VECTRA-KAMAZ

We might also have entries by AMW ,bajaj-MAN and BHARATBENZ!
I think that is Bajaj TEMPO - MAN , a Firodia group company .
Now it is- force motors Ltd.
 : Force Motors LTD.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
BEML TO Sue Retired Indian Army Chief..

This has never happened before. Nothing even close. The Chairman of Indian state-owned defence contractor BEML said today that he planned to sue General Vijay Kumar Singh, who retired as Chief of Army Staff yesterday, for defamation. The Indian Army is BEML's single biggest customer. The provocation, strangely belated, appears to be the official Army statement and on-camera comments, first on a potential Tatra truck scam, and now a potential scam in the procurement of WZT-3 armoured recovery vehicles from Poland's Bumar, via partner BEML. General Singh has scoffed at the demand for an apology and threat to sue.

The uneasy relations between public sector defence firm management and the armed forces is not new (most notably apparent in IAF-HAL relations), but never before have things precipitated to such a level -- past Chief have usually sniped at their suppliers through testimony in Parliament or to the National Auditor. Never before has an armed forces chief come out in the open to question both the quality of a product supplied by a state-owned company, and, more importantly, question the manner in which they were supplied. What I find interesting is that the BEML chairman chose to wait until the Army chief had retired before actually holding his press conference and announcing his plans to sue.

While the Tatra and ARV procurements will be investigated, it is certainly true that there is little accountability in the foreign partnerships and tendering norms at state-owned defence firms.
Livefist: Unprecedented: State Defence Firm To Sue Just Retired Indian Army Chief

:tsk:

Zebra

Country flag
Re: Armored Personnel Carriers & Infantry Fighting Vehicles

Yet another KrAZ being fixed by roadside mechanics in India.
Looks like the truck they are repairing is not a military truck.

pmaitra

Re: Armored Personnel Carriers & Infantry Fighting Vehicles

Looks like the truck they are repairing is not a military truck.
It was a military truck, that was decommissioned and sold to the civil operators. You will see many Shaktiman trucks too, that were formerly with the military, but later sold to civil operators. Here is an UralAZ with a civil operator in Karnataka:

This is a Soviet made UralAZ, not Indian made. Notice the steering wheel.

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Re: Indian Automotive Sector

Daimler India launches first set of BharatBenz trucks
Rajesh Kurup
Share · Comment · print · T+
Bharat Benz trucks at the new production plant of Daimler at Oragadam near Chennai.
Business Line Bharat Benz trucks at the new production plant of Daimler at Oragadam near Chennai.
Mumbai, Sept 26:

Daimler India Commercial Vehicles Pvt Ltd, Daimler AG's Indian subsidiary, today launched its first set of trucks under the BharatBenz brand in the country.

The three heavy duty BharatBenz Trucks — 2523R and 3123R for the haulage segment and 2523C for the construction segment — would be commercially available its 28 dealer networks.

The three heavy duty trucks are first among the range of 17 models that will be launched over the next 17 months. Eight of them were presented to the market in a large-scale customer event in March this year.

The heavy duty trucks, based on the Mercedes-Benz Axor platform, have been localised to suit the needs of Indian customers. They feature a six-cylinder engine with 230 HP (170 KW) in all three variants.

"These dealerships will also provide tailor-made financial services and packages — ensuring comprehensive attention to our customers — all under one roof. Letter of Intents have already been issued for setting up these facilities in over 100 locations in the country, covering prominent trucking routes and hubs," V.R.V. Sriprasad, Vice-President, Marketing, Sales & After-sales, Daimler India, said.

BharatBenz has also tied up with four Indian financial institutions – HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Sundaram Finance and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd, who will offer tailored financing solutions for customers.
Business Line : Companies News : Daimler India launches first set of BharatBenz trucks

Global Defence

New threads

Articles