Indian Electronics and Semiconductor manufacturing industry

Azaad

Country flag
Apparently TEPL will go down to 14nm chip production as well
View attachment 254121
If I'm not mistaken the 28 nm SMCs should be out by 2027-28 & in the same article ( which was also linked here by myself some time back ) I read that 14 nm SMCs would follow a couple of years after that . Hence 2030 by which time the TSMCs of the world would've moved on to < 1 nm SMC .

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
If I'm not mistaken the 28 nm SMCs should be out by 2027-28 & in the same article I read that 14 nm SMCs would follow a couple of years after that . Hence 2030 by which time the TSMCs of the world would've moved on to < 1 nm SMC .
Okay saar👍🏻

Blademaster

If I'm not mistaken the 28 nm SMCs should be out by 2027-28 & in the same article ( which was also linked here by myself some time back ) I read that 14 nm SMCs would follow a couple of years after that . Hence 2030 by which time the TSMCs of the world would've moved on to < 1 nm SMC .
I do not think that the world can move beyond < 1nm. You cannot overcome the limits of physics. What will happen is that instead of trying to miniaturize everything by 2D, we will expand the scope by utilizing 3D dimensions and boost up the processing capabilities. Or find a new type of transistor that is not binary but that is quadruple or higher.

shade

Country flag
Will we have IPR rights over this? Will this be free of any American sanctions? That's the key part. Sanction proof chips.
Okay saar👍🏻
I do not think that the world can move beyond < 1nm. You cannot overcome the limits of physics. What will happen is that instead of trying to miniaturize everything by 2D, we will expand the scope by utilizing 3D dimensions and boost up the processing capabilities. Or find a new type of transistor that is not binary but that is quadruple or higher.
Don't worry, hamari kabhi aukat nahi hogi to manufacture at those bleeding edge nms

Mostly we will be limited to microcontrollers and ARM/RISCV/MIPS Microprocessors used in non-sexy products as opposed to fabulous Laptop and Mobile if the industry takes off.

Semiconductor fabrication along with jet engine manufacturing are all crown jewel techs of gora empire.

Chinku is spending unholy sums of money, half of which is lost to scams as we speak to build the whole supply chain for ic fabrication from ground up from machines, materials and software/IP.

Meanwhile here it is putting subsidies and hoping a few dhandhos will line up and start fabricating some chips, our target for now should be matching M*laysia in this sector

Azaad

Country flag
Don't worry, hamari kabhi aukat nahi hogi to manufacture at those bleeding edge nms

Mostly we will be limited to microcontrollers and ARM/RISCV/MIPS Microprocessors used in non-sexy products as opposed to fabulous Laptop and Mobile if the industry takes off.

Semiconductor fabrication along with jet engine manufacturing are all crown jewel techs of gora empire.

Chinku is spending unholy sums of money, half of which is lost to scams as we speak to build the whole supply chain for ic fabrication from ground up from machines, materials and software/IP.

Meanwhile here it is putting subsidies and hoping a few dhandhos will line up and start fabricating some chips, our target for now should be matching M*laysia in this sector
As the economy grows so will the size of our ambitions. It's only natural. For if we don't cultivate either the mindset or the will to be trendsetters from followers there will come a day when we won't even be followers.

China realised this pretty early though the way they've gone about it is ham handed hasty & utterly clumsy for which they'd pay a very heavy price .

mamamia12

They can't go for MVL unless they invent some novel materials and such. Who knows we may need even new kind of EUV Machine. Any kind of such development is atleast a decade away.

mamamia12

There is no point in OSAT again like Malaysia. I mean our whole Semi Conductor Policy revved up due to Taiwan Invasion scenario and a Self-Sufficiency in certain sectors from silicon ingots. Ofcourse OSATs are welcome but if that is all without any Fab then its just jhumla. We don't want to become Chip Sweat Shop.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Sorry but I would like my washing machine with 28nm only, no need for a 7nm processor

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Hence 2030 by which time the TSMCs of the world would've moved on to < 1 nm SMC .
Unlikely. These node sizes are marketing gimmicks anyway (for instance, Intel's xyz nm node is different from TSMC's xyz nm node etc). And those 3 nm nodes aren't 'really' 3 nm nodes (they perform better than 5 nm nodes; that's about it).

shade

Country flag
There is no point in OSAT again like Malaysia. I mean our whole Semi Conductor Policy revved up due to Taiwan Invasion scenario and a Self-Sufficiency in certain sectors from silicon ingots. Ofcourse OSATs are welcome but if that is all without any Fab then its just jhumla. We don't want to become Chip Sweat Shop.
Malaysia fabricates chips, the OSAT only meme countries are Vietnam and Phillipines, maybe Thailand also.

new salem

Country flag

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag

We can build an 14NM RISC V based Mobile and Laptop Processor. Even smaller nodes are simply overengineering to average user since our mango man is anyway going to watch Youtube, Whatsapp and hearing music. There is no difference between an 14nm, 5nm and 3nm. It just dick measuring contest by companies. Also reviewers always lesser processor size better efficiency but till today never came across an video how efficient an 3nm against 5 and 14 nm.

Azaad

Country flag

As per this article from this year out of the 13 OEMs listed , 3 are Indian & 2 figure in the top 10 list by way of percentage of global market share.

That's some achievement & it completely evaded the radar.

Note : not a single company in that list is Chinese. I hope this is brought to the attention of the MSS & CCP immediately.

Do let us know if this bit of information gets you additional social credit points or a raise or even a promotion. Always happy to help. Hell , we go back a long way after all . Just make sure whoever you depute for industrial espionage to get the mfg formula out is somebody capable & not a Xu Yanjun.

@rockdog ; @SexyChineseLady ; @ym888

thebakofbakchod

Apparently TEPL will go down to 14nm chip production as well
View attachment 254121
Dei let them start physical construction of their Dholera plant. The taiwan minister chap is already making noise over India's poor industrial condition. Hope Tata builds something. I cannot find any construction activity of the Dholera plot on Facebook. Usually workers will be posting site updates from the location

Global Defence

New threads

Articles