Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmaitra

I know what he is talking about ,that has nothing to do with rifle itself but with the shooter .However ,I would like to hear @pmaitra Sir view on this modification being impractical.
I agree with @Bornubus and @Kunal Biswas. The eye piece appears to be a bit too close to the eye, and does not look very practical to me.

Disclosure: When I used the various AKMs, they did not have any optical sight, only standard iron sights. The only rifle that I have used with optical sight is the PS-90.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Another hell of a video, on AC Halvidar Hangpan Dada, released by ADGPI Indian Army.
"The Warrior Spirit" by ADGPI-INDIAN ARMY
Purely going by the video...
On the point of initial attack being done by LMG.

Keeping cost aside...

How effective will it be if multiple snipers or Carl Gustav is used in initial stages , instead of LMG?

So far in all the videos shown, tangos are walking in groups with not much of distance between each other.

@Kunal Biswas @Bornubus

ghost

I agree with @Bornubus and @Kunal Biswas. The eye piece appears to be a bit too close to the eye, and does not look very practical to me.

Disclosure: When I used the various AKMs, they did not have any optical sight, only standard iron sights. The only rifle that I have used with optical sight is the PS-90.
With due respect ,I disagree.I feel you have failed to understand my post.

If the shooter has brought his eyes too close to the magnifier,whose fault is it ,shooter or the rifle?

If the shooter has not properly mounted the optics ,whose fault is it,shooter or the rifle?

To give the benefit of doubt ,the soldier is not shooting his weapon he "appears" to be,he might be just observing through scope.

Next,@Kunal Biswas stated that the mod done on the rifle is impractical (this include the multiple rail,the foregrip,and the modular stock),to which I disagree.

I have even shown Russian spetsnaz with the exact same mod on his ak,as a refrence(who does know better than all of us about this weapon system):

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
The upgrade is a much awaited one..Fab and Zahal are providing similar upgrades for quite some time and there are videos on YouTube about tr similar upgrades by them on Vz58 and Ak and the operators are found to be using them.with ease.Same with Russians .
PS:This should be an eye opener for the designers of Ghatak who thinks that they had designed a tailor made weapon for indian needs

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Don`t make assumptions as facts ..

Read post no 2892 & 2911 Again for better understanding ..#2892 & #2911

=====================

The upgrade kit is in trails basis, Not adopted as standard issue yet ..

It has to clear its trails under certain units before it get into service ..

Their are various modifications besides this ..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
How effective will it be if multiple snipers or Carl Gustav is used in initial stages , instead of LMG?
Or much better firepower Option depending on the range

Much overlooked weapon in our arsenal fast becoming the favorite of the forces and made in India.

There is also a bouncing Grenade Vog 25P for GP 25/30 ubgl (in service with Army) which gives an "Air Burst" effect to hit the targets behind cover.

I think it's called "Ulka" jumping Grenade locally made by OFB

QwafR1482853452.jpg

Last edited:

pmaitra

With due respect ,I disagree.I feel you have failed to understand my post.

If the shooter has brought his eyes too close to the magnifier,whose fault is it ,shooter or the rifle?

If the shooter has not properly mounted the optics ,whose fault is it,shooter or the rifle?

To give the benefit of doubt ,the soldier is not shooting his weapon he "appears" to be,he might be just observing through scope.

Next,@Kunal Biswas stated that the mod done on the rifle is impractical (this include the multiple rail,the foregrip,and the modular stock),to which I disagree.

I have even shown Russian spetsnaz with the exact same mod on his ak,as a refrence(who does know better than all of us about this weapon system):

I do not doubt that the Spetsnaz shooter knows better than me.

I say, to each his own. If the shooter is comfortable, who am I to complain about it? :)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Special Operations Group (SOG) personnel arrest a suspected militant (R) from a hideout at Badergund forest area in Ganderbal, north of Srinagar, March 12 of year 2000. SOG personnel conducted search operation in the forest area after militants attacked an Indian army post and killed six of them. SOG is a wing of Jammu Kashmir police fighting militancy in India's troubled Jammu and Kashmir state. CC

Tarun Kumar

The documentary on hangpan Dada was very touching. We need to invest max in our troops self protection (better BPJs, troop carriers etc) to reduce peace time casualties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles