India has no reason to be grateful to Mother Teresa

Ajesh

I am not a Maharastrian and instead have mentioned at many places that I am a Bengali.

Are you talking about Kushti or wrestling.

Yes, in my unit we did that, but officers were not allowed to participate in contact sports.

I also have done the lezium but the Malkhambh required greater skill. I have also done the Gomoh dance and participated in Lavanis (the song part of it, that is)

I have enjoyed Zhunka & Bakri too.

And go crazy in ecstasy when food is prepared with Konkani Masala, Kohlapuri Masala or even Goda Masala (the catch all phrase). It is an interesting fact that traditional Maharastrian families make their own Masalas and use it over the year. Each is different from the other.

I am a Bengali, but I am well verse in many aspects of Maharastrian life and I am proud to be so. But that does not make it an 'Indian culture'

I enjoy Indian classical music (though that would be a wrong definition since there is a vast difference between what is called Hindustani classical and Carnatic classical) and enjoy both the versions. Note: nothing is common, not even music.

I also know that there is a difference between the North Kerala Nairs and South Kerala Nairs and that the pre-pubertal thalikettu kalyanam and the later sambandam , the practice of polygamy in some areas in the ancient times and that some Nair women also practised hypergamy with Nambudiri Brahmins from the Malabar region.

I revel in the kaleidoscope of India and imbibe as much I can, but I daresay that there is ONE Indian culture.

Yet, I will confess I do not know (as many Indian would not know) the traditions and custom or even cultural nuances practised by my Forefathers.
Ya There is a Vast Difference betweeN North and South Keralites. We just dont jell with each other and i dont even know why.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ya There is a Vast Difference betweeN North and South Keralites. We just dont jell with each other and i dont even know why.
So what you should note is that "Indian-ness" is not merely rhetoric or disliking those who conquered us bei they the Moghuls or the British or whoever. It is 'living' and 'experiencing' and 'revelling' and .'imbibe' the various cultures and languages, the customs of the diversity that is India and letting each culture flourish and mature.

We can criticise others for following a bastardised form and imagining we are being modern, but can we prevent people from following what they want.

So, let us look at our commonalities rather than our differences.

Live and Let Live.

Read the book Nairs of Kerala (it was written by a British administrator) and you will know quite a lot about Nairs. It was presented to me by a friend of mine, a Nair, since he found me keen to know about peoples, their customs and traditions.

In fact, another Malayali friend's wife taught me a Malayali nursery rhyme - Urumbe, urumbe, evide ponu so that I could look after their little toddler when they went shopping.

Therefore, I take pride in learning more and more about peoples so that I can envelope myself with the goodness of India.

Last edited:

Ajesh

So what you should note is that "Indian-ness" is not merely rhetoric or disliking those who conquered us bei they the Moghuls or the British or whoever. It is 'living' and 'experiencing' and 'revelling' and .'imbibe' the various cultures and languages, the customs of the diversity that is India and letting each culture flourish and mature.

We can criticise others for following a bastardised form and imagining we are being modern, but can we prevent people from following what they want.

So, let us look at our commonalities rather than our differences.

Live and Let Live.

Read the book Nairs of Kerala (it was written by a British administrator) and you will know quite a lot about Nairs. It was presented to me by a friend of mine, a Nair, since he found me keen to know about peoples, their customs and traditions.

In fact, another Malayali friend's wife taught me a Malayali nursery rhyme - Urumbe, urumbe, evide ponu so that I could look after their little toddler when they went shopping.

Therefore, I take pride in learning more and more about peoples so that I can envelope myself with the goodness of India.
Yes Point Noted, But another Important fact is that we should go forward and progress and become an Example in the World by embracing this Bharatana, and not merely revel in it. Like the fact Modijee is doing. Embracing our Goodness and going Forward and not merely staying back and act as a Show Piece, wanting to make a difference.

I had enough of these so called British Historians. They skew and look everything thing from their perspective where they are the so called "Superior Race". I suggest for you to ignore these Historians and instead talk to the local people about it.

Its for this reason that Man, Ajit Vadakayil is becoming quite Popular, he is telling it all from Our Perspective and perceptively truthfully so.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes Point Noted, But another Important fact is that we should go forward and progress and become an Example in the World by embracing this Bharatana, and not merely revel in it. Like the fact Modijee is doing. Embracing our Goodness and going Forward and not merely staying back and act as a Show Piece, wanting to make a difference.

I had enough of these so called British Historians. They skew and look everything thing from their perspective where they are the so called "Superior Race". I suggest for you to ignore these Historians and instead talk to the local people about it.

Its for this reason that Man, Ajit Vadakayil is becoming quite Popular, he is telling it all from Our Perspective and perceptively truthfully so.
Are you a Hindu?

I ask this since it appears that you seem to feel your way is the highway.

Let me assure you that I admire Hindu way if life for one thing. It has a plethora of Gods that cater for all types of belief and persuasions.

In essence, it means be yourself and pursue your own way.

That is its beauty.

That is what is India.

Be yourself and pursue your own way and do good to yourself and your folks and not be regimented to follow a single course and cause disharmony by forcing yourself and your ideas on others.

Why want a faceless uniformity when the beauty of India is embracing its diversity and yet being one?

Ajesh

Are you a Hindu?

Let me assure you that I admire Hindu way if life for one thing. It has a plethora of Gods that cater for all types of belief and persuasions.

That is its beauty.

That is what is India.

Be yourself and pursue your own way and do good to yourself and your folks and not be regimented to follow a single course and cause disharmony by forcing yourself and your ideas on others.

Why want a faceless uniformity when the beauty of India is embracing its diversity and yet being one?
Yes I am Hindu and Proud. A Hindu just doesnt mean that embracing everything and celebrating everything , It also means to stand up and face upto challenge and go beyond it also.

parijataka

Country flag
Are you a Hindu?

That is its beauty.

That is what is India.

Admirable thoughts - however in some cases such words coming from `liberals` make it seem the lady who was raped is being advised to marry the rapist...

It is not as if the diversity that we see in India has come about in a peaceful manner.

Hindus have suffered in the past at the hands of other religions - I think more than Hindus it is the followers of other faiths that need lessons in tolerance !

And mind you sir it is only Hindus who say that all paths reach God in different ways - in the case of Abrahaimic faiths it is my way or eternal Hell and damnation if one does not bow to Allah or follow Jesus...

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Well sir, if someone is helping poor its always welcomed in india and that's the culture of india.
If u r doing good to common man, u will be respected in india and please keep religion out of it, she helped poor as a matter of fact we r a nation in developing phase with many poor and underprivileged, go to a hospital and see plight of poor patients, u will understand and any helping hand is welcomed, Respect others and who said u to buy something thats sold.
By your definition, pedophile trucks that promise "free candy" should be respected for the fact that little girls are getting free candy despite everything else.

SilentKiller

Country flag
Dear Silent Killer, Kerala Nurses are very well respected in USA as they are dedicated, kind, hardworking and dependable. But, believe me, every Malayali I ever met in USA loves India...they might follow Catholicism...but their hearts are filled with deep Indian cultural beliefs and they identify themselves as Indians. I have heard many Malayalees...when they are sad...saying "NATI POVO..NATI...POVO" (I miss my home in India..I want to go to India)
They are as Indians as any other Indian...Kerala is the land of God..beautiful and lovely...I went to Kerala in 2002) and I remember innocent nice people and beautiful greenery and natural beauty....on the top...the sacrifice...family members make for each other....it's amazingly wonderful.
Yes Sir, True.
I respect everyone with Humanity in their hearts irrespective of religions.
I have many friends from kerala, have worked in banglore and visited kerala and loved it too.
I attended a Catholic wedding too it was fun and great experience.
I learnt only few world in Kannada/Malayalam but i don't think they can be repeated here :p:p

Same i tried to infuse in people here respect everyone...

SilentKiller

Country flag
By your definition, pedophile trucks that promise "free candy" should be respected for the fact that little girls are getting free candy despite everything else.
Why don't u offer free candy???
unless u r doing something good don't question else.
I have acted as Part time teacher for slum students for few months during my collage days, i know its quite difficult to give anything to anyone even time.
Help from heart without exploitation is always welcomed and should be respected, why never no one came against her when she was alive? she never got fame early but quite late, such people would have quite a lot f time to say such thing during her life time.

I don't give a begger money in india, that's my rule but like in summer i willingly give cane juice to a kid begger but no money. Try doing so, helping other give lots more joy, not this try and help your friends, colleagues in need or anytime anything u can do.

For me she was a great person but i and no one should make her or anyone a god. My view...

SilentKiller

Country flag
60 years on and we are still a developing Nation, sometimes I think we are too tolerant
Pls if u have magic wand with issue we in india have pls share it man.
Don't cry and bring ur solution.
We have many problems for me main one is population which till now there is no step to control it.
We in 47 were already 2nd most populated country with huge poverty, we never joined soviet/US block and becoz of that we are better on some fronts and bad on others, leaders take decision and people follow him.
Until unless we as indian don't know whats right and wrong or we get conscious enough it will take time to become developed.
Bring laws won't change until there is will to change.

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
You can't get developed until you change your mentality. The mentality of finding negative in work of a person. If person does something good or atleast tried for it, and result is bad then it doesn't means that person had wrong intention. @Ajesh , if you think india should become a developed nation then first change your mentality and try to find good work of a person instead of his bad work.

Last edited by a moderator:

SilentKiller

Country flag
By the Way i am from Kerala. The Land which has given Aryabhatta, Yes he was a Malayali, Boddhi Dham, the Inventor and the Master of All Modern Day Martial Arts, the Land of Ayurveda,the land with Most Ancient Ports of the World.

if there was a Proper "Nobel" Prizes, Keralaites would give Alfred Nobel the Nobel Prize instead of the other Way Around.

By the Way Who the ---- You think, coined the Term "Jai Hind", He was a Malayali, Who the ---- You think, was one of the First Pioneers of Dalit Movement,Ayyankali,a Malayali, Where the ---- you think the Most Ancient Martial Art in the World , Kalari, was Made, In Kerala.

ANd where the ---- You are from?
Well Sir am from India.
I belong to Punjab.
I am Hindu by religion which i respect, i love Sikhism as my mother belongs to it.
My Family is equally divided with marriage b/w Sikhs and Hindus is commons.
My Mother gave me religion insights and from her i know one thing religion is faith, man gave religion but god was always one. Try and learn good things like fight for justice from Mahabharata etc. But am not a very religious person
Respect others faith and respect yours,, never impose ur faith on others.
Religion must be kept within our personal boundary and never be forcibly imposed on others. world follows it there won't be a clash.
When feeling of supremacy come everything goes to dustbin. Power is something few can handle..

SilentKiller

Country flag
Admirable thoughts - however in some cases such words coming from `liberals` make it seem the lady who was raped is being advised to marry the rapist...

It is not as if the diversity that we see in India has come about in a peaceful manner.

Hindus have suffered in the past at the hands of other religions - I think more than Hindus it is the followers of other faiths that need lessons in tolerance !

And mind you sir it is only Hindus who say that all paths reach God in different ways - in the case of Abrahaimic faiths it is my way or eternal Hell and damnation if one does not bow to Allah or follow Jesus...
well sir, few solutions
Why not incarceration for 6-10 years with no parole post convicted.
Severe case like minor, remove that organ and imprison for 6-10 years.
Death of victim, life sentence in jail till death with no parole.
Post conviction show their faces to public, once they come out, public around them should be notified of sexual offender living around them, make an example out of them such that these crimes are stopped.

More over sir read history to know why Hindus got exploited, its simple hindus lost power and one with power or lathi uski bhais...
and also because of some good or better islamic rulers or resilience of hindus, Hinduism survived and we r still majority in india, there is no need to do a tit for tat then what difference remains b/w them and us, they were mad kings, even hindus got few. Well sir try and read about mythology, there are many loks in hinduism and teachings of all religions were good and for harmony. but men or few powerful people changed it did u knew that present bible was written or say modified in time of Emperor Constantine? what r these so called babas r doing to hinduism??
Religion has something that has been exploited since first religion was setup or i would say when man got his senses.

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
religion is nothing but philosophy...... And a direction to reach the god, every religion have same work that is to road the human towards god the ways are different but the direction is same

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I am hardly a liberal.

I genuinely believe in the diversity of India, having traversed almost all of India and stayed at a variety of places, including those inaccessible to many Indians. I find people of India are good, when politics and religious leaders are nowhere in the vicinity to pollute their mind. To be frank, including the Abrahamic faiths.

Bring in religion or politics and you have a mess in hand.

It would be a cardinal sin to expect anyone to tell a woman raped that is is fair to marry the rapist.' though I believe such a pronouncement has been made in a court.

If Hindus have suffered at the hands of other religions, why blame them? If one is ready, and if one wants to get walked over, then one will get walked over. Stand up and be counted and not wilt and then complain.

So far as the amendment moved by the representative of the Muslim League is concerned, I find that I was mistaken in my Impression. and if I had believed this, 1,would certainly not have agreed to any reservation at all. (Hear, Hear). When I agreed to the reservation an the population basis, I thought that our friends of the Muslim League will see the reasonableness of our attitude and allow themselves to accommodate themselves to the changed conditions after the separation of the country. But I now find them adopting the same methods which were adopted when the separate electorates were first introduced in this country, and in spite of ample sweetness in the language used there is a full dose of poison in the method adopted. (Hear, Hear). Therefore, I regret to say that if I lose the affection of the younger brother, I am prepared to lose it because the method he wants to adopt would bring about his death. I would rather lose his affection and keep him alive. If this amendment is lost, we will lose the affection of the younger brother, but I prefer the younger brother to live so that he may see the wisdom of the attitude of the elder brother and he may still learn to have affection for the elder brother.
Constituent Assembly of India Debates
Here is a person who called a spade a spade.

And what is his own Congress Party's dharma?

Vote Bank politics that has gone beyond religion and now is also in the realm of caste.

Who do we blame, now?

Last edited:

parijataka

Country flag
well sir, few solutions
Why not incarceration for 6-10 years with no parole post convicted.
Severe case like minor, remove that organ and imprison for 6-10 years.
Death of victim, life sentence in jail till death with no parole.
Post conviction show their faces to public, once they come out, public around them should be notified of sexual offender living around them, make an example out of them such that these crimes are stopped.

More over sir read history to know why Hindus got exploited, its simple hindus lost power and one with power or lathi uski bhais...
and also because of some good or better islamic rulers or resilience of hindus, Hinduism survived and we r still majority in india, there is no need to do a tit for tat then what difference remains b/w them and us, they were mad kings, even hindus got few. Well sir try and read about mythology, there are many loks in hinduism and teachings of all religions were good and for harmony. but men or few powerful people changed it did u knew that present bible was written or say modified in time of Emperor Constantine? what r these so called babas r doing to hinduism??
Religion has something that has been exploited since first religion was setup or i would say when man got his senses.
Well, the point I was trying to make was that Hinduism is tolerant and liberal faith !

SilentKiller

Country flag
Well, the point I was trying to make was that Hinduism is tolerant and liberal faith !
True...Hindus are tolerant and we have resilience, that why hindus r still majority in india and what has happened in iran to Zoroastrians?
So if these r our ideals why should we lose them?
even though i feel now a days we r losing them in our lives.

prohumanity

Country flag
@prohumanitty I am hiding under a Christian name. Do you want me to report your post? I have introduced myself as a Hindu Bengali for your information on DFI. Just ask the mods. Don`t behave silly . I chose the name Peter because it is a short name and all the letters are in one row of the qwerty keyboard. Really America nowadays takes all kinds of people like you who comment without seeing(not trying to be rude. JUst saying that you should check all my posts). Do you even know that? Stop commenting all rubbish things and see my post you silly man.

Also don`t teach Hinduism to me. I have said it earlier and I say it again, I know more about Hinduism and Vedas than you. You will not be able to recite even one sloka from the Vedas or a mantra. So stop calling me silly and accusing me of being a hidden christian. Ask @Ajesh himself what I have done.

(Apart from that I am really sorry for being rude to you in the earlier posts. I did not mean to. I was being sarcastic. I hope you have a good life in America and thanks for showing kindness to a Bengali like me).

Peter////Peter///rossogulla eater.....Reading the Hindu scripture and living a life based on them two different things......It seems to me that you are a self hating Hindu...who is brainwashed to believe that western culture is perfect . It is important to have food,shelter and basic necessities but then there is MORE which Hindu core belief provide.
Yes, i am living a life of material comfort in US but that makes me even more convinced that materialism id NOT enough. If you are a Hindu Bengali ..say with pride and confidence that I am Hindu and believe in oneness of human race...I believe that God resides in each of us..Bengali, Punjabi, Russian or American...In the end we are all part of God.
It seems you have read and memorized Hindu scriptures but failed to absorb the most basic tenets of Hinduism in your life
You say"you will show kindness to Bengali like me" '''''Kindness...? I have utmost respect for Bengalis like you...I was delivered by a Bengali Midwife and I love everything Bengali..not only Sondesh and Rossogulla. Calm down my dear....India is great...a mystical land with amazing depth of thinking....
materialism is NOT enough....once you have things...you need some thing greater...In Hindi..we have two words...SUKH =physical comfort and then
ANAND= emotional satisfaction and contentment.
There is no need to be pundits of Veda.....basic truth are simplest..love and compassion for all human beings..(Vasudev Kutambam) Seems you have become a parrot who can recite slokas of Vedas but is unable to implement simplest truths of Hindu culture in life. Peter....you chose the name because you are impressed with Christianity and Peter sounds to you like a modern, Christian name ...You don't have guts to say "I am syama Prasad Mukhopadyay" because you might be suffering from self hatred. Ponder on this...I respect you and love you...I hope you don't feel offended.

Last edited by a moderator:

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
those who live their life with belief in materialism are those who remorse when their death is near. There are many thing behind materialism, soul, mind, god, knowledge etc.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Peter////Peter///rossogulla eater.....Reading the Hindu scripture and living a life based on them two different things......It seems to me that you are a self hating Hindu...who is brainwashed to believe that western culture is perfect . It is important to have food,shelter and basic necessities but then there is MORE which Hindu core belief provide.
Yes, i am living a life of material comfort in US but that makes me even more convinced that materialism id NOT enough. If you are a Hindu Bengali ..say with pride and confidence that I am Hindu and believe in oneness of human race...I believe that God resides in each of us..Bengali, Punjabi, Russian or American...In the end we are all part of God.
It seems you have read and memorized Hindu scriptures but failed to absorb the most basic tenets of Hinduism in your life
You say"you will show kindness to Bengali like me" '''''Kindness...? I have utmost respect for Bengalis like you...I was delivered by a Bengali Midwife and I love everything Bengali..not only Sondesh and Rossogulla. Calm down my dear....India is great...a mystical land with amazing depth of thinking....
materialism is NOT enough....once you have things...you need some thing greater...In Hindi..we have two words...SUKH =physical comfort and then
ANAND= emotional satisfaction and contentment.
There is no need to be pundits of Veda.....basic truth are simplest..love and compassion for all human beings..(Vasudev Kutambam) Seems you have become a parrot who can recite slokas of Vedas but is unable to implement simplest truths of Hindu culture in life. Peter....you chose the name because you are impressed with Christianity and Peter sounds to you like a modern, Christian name ...You don't have guts to say "I am syama Prasad Mukhopadyay" because you might be suffering from self hatred. Ponder on this...I respect you and love you...I hope you don't feel offended.

Please stop lecturing me. You live in the USA and and always talk bad about it. Does it not show that you are a traitor? Yet I do not say anything about that. As I have said before and I say it again to you do not try to teach me anything. I have no need of your great ideas. First learn something called gratefulness and humility. I will choose any name as my profile name. What is in a name anyway? Btw I have not chosen it for love of the West. Peter is a short and easy to type name. I have told my real name many times in this forum.

Why have you chosen prohumanity as your own avatar name? Is it because you secretly love the West and do not love India? Maybe it is you who is suffering from self hatred and lack of confidence. Change your profile name to your original name(or any Indian name) and I too will do the same. As they say try to practice before you preach others.
I hope you are not offended by this.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles