India has no reason to be grateful to Mother Teresa

Ajesh

@prohumanitty I am hiding under a Christian name. Do you want me to report your post? I have introduced myself as a Hindu Bengali for your information on DFI. Just ask the mods. Don`t behave silly . I chose the name Peter because it is a short name and all the letters are in one row of the qwerty keyboard. Really America nowadays takes all kinds of people like you who comment without seeing(not trying to be rude. JUst saying that you should check all my posts). Do you even know that? Stop commenting all rubbish things and see my post you silly man.

Also don`t teach Hinduism to me. I have said it earlier and I say it again, I know more about Hinduism and Vedas than you. You will not be able to recite even one sloka from the Vedas or a mantra. So stop calling me silly and accusing me of being a hidden christian. Ask @Ajesh himself what I have done.

(Apart from that I am really sorry for being rude to you in the earlier posts. I did not mean to. I was being sarcastic. I hope you have a good life in America and thanks for showing kindness to a Bengali like me).
Well @Silent Killer has a point, why didn't u keep your orignal name as your identity? What made you choose Peter?

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Well @Silent Killer has a point, why didn't u keep your orignal name as your identity? What made you choose Peter?
It is short and I as have said all letters are in one row. Also people here have names like fyodor,mikhail,rock etc. Peter was the name of a great russian king(Peter the great). What is wrong in keeping a name like this?

Last edited:

Ajesh

It is short and I as have said all letters are in one row. Also people here have names like fyodor,mikhail,rock etc. Peter was the name of a great russian king(Peter the great). What is wrong in keeping a name like this?
Thats exactly the problem with cultural domination, our whole thinking is based on the so called "cool" western Culture

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
My dear Peter, So ...you lost your cool and got angry and truth came out of your mouth. You are a Hindu Brahmin and were hiding under the name of a christian(Peter)
Btw, I believe his profile name is not an expression of 'hiding' as I am not hiding under my profile name - or everybody is hiding under their profile name.

It's just that in his posts in various threads he has been proving his Anglophile or rather Love for almost anything Western, and blind love too, that is embarrassing.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Thats exactly the problem with cultural domination, our whole thinking is based on the so called "cool" western Culture
One should read Jaswant Singh's book India at Risk - Mistakes, Misconceptions and Misadventures of Security Policy where he attempts to address the difference between 'rastra' and the Westphalian concept of 'nation state'.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@pmaitra @ Ray sir
Again I am calling you. What is these guy talking about Amartya Sen?Are you mad A. Sen was married to that woman allright.

How in the world would that make him a top notch economist? Really

Why don`t you try marrying a jewish woman and getting a noble prize if it is so easy? Bhai what has happened to your senses.
I would have commented, but I don't like his attitude of attempting to be a know all (juto shelai theke Chandi path, ever since he won the Nobel and when he is merely an Economist. His pretentious attempt of being the high Priest of all and everything of India is a bit over the top.

And we are well aware having experienced that theoreticians dabbling in teaching economy, don't make good leaders or even good economists, let alone be a know all when given the chance to be so..

As far as the Rothschilds are concerned, the story of their fortunes is indicative how determined and enterprising they are. Their origin is from Amschel Moses Rothschild, who was a money lender who traded with Prince of Hesse. His son Mayer Amschel worked doggedly and with determination (remember they were German Jews from Frankfurt) to spread a financial empire through in five son in the five European financial centres. And today, the name Rothschild is a legend and well recognised. I presume, one cannot underestimate them.

This is an interesting commentary about Sen and another economist Bhagwati
Everything you wanted to know about the Sen-Bhagwati debate
http://www.livemint.com/Politics/zv...-wanted-to-know-about-SenBhagwati-debate.html

This part is interesting
If there is any other economist of nearly equal stature to the triumvirate of Sen-Bhagwati-Dixit among Indian economic greats, it has to be Sir Partha Dasgupta of Cambridge University. Dasgupta has made pioneering contributions in the fields of nutrition and natural resource economics, and spent a lifetime analyzing poverty. Dasgupta therefore has the last word in this compilation on the Sen-Bhagwati saga.

Dasgupta reviews the books written by Sen-Dreze and Bhagwati-Panagariya for Prospect and finds that both Sen and Bhagwati have failed to take a holistic view of the Indian growth experience, and hence offer faulty prescriptions. The constraints posed by depleting natural resources and high population growth are missing from the worldview of both economists, drawing Dasgupta's ire.

"Bhagwati and Panagariya see government restrictions everywhere, while Drèze and Sen can't take their eyes off poverty and inequality. But there are some of us who can't help also noting the importance of "externalities," which are the unaccounted consequences for others (including future generations) of decisions made by each one of us about reproduction, consumption, and use of the natural environment."

Dasgupta mildly chides Bhagwati and Panagariya for their 'self-adulatory style' and dismisses the discussion of environmental problems in Sen and Dreze's latest book as mere 'banalities' in this entertaining review.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajesh

Neither are you capable nor qualified to judge the characters of Amartya Sen , Tagore and Mother Teresa. Which part of India do YOU come from ? Bengal has given India more Nobel laureates than the number of b@lls you have ....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
By the Way i am from Kerala. The Land which has given Aryabhatta, Yes he was a Malayali, Boddhi Dham, the Inventor and the Master of All Modern Day Martial Arts, the Land of Ayurveda,the land with Most Ancient Ports of the World.

if there was a Proper "Nobel" Prizes, Keralaites would give Alfred Nobel the Nobel Prize instead of the other Way Around.

By the Way Who the ---- You think, coined the Term "Jai Hind", He was a Malayali, Who the ---- You think, was one of the First Pioneers of Dalit Movement,Ayyankali,a Malayali, Where the ---- you think the Most Ancient Martial Art in the World , Kalari, was Made, In Kerala.

ANd where the ---- You are from?

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
I agree that there is nothing in a name.

But why do Maharastrian get so het up about calling Mumbai by the old name Bombay.

We don't get het up about Kolkata being called Calcutta.
sir, not calling mumbai as bombay is cheap politics of ss and mns. Common people of maharashtra don't have such problem about referring mumbai as bombay

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes i have a problem with English Language, The Language of Our Colonists who looted and made my Bharat poor within 3 Centuries, which made my countrymen ashamed of their true Heritage, their customs, their value system.

Its just not a language, its their cultural domination. I am not saying to Ignore English Completely as it has become a reality in Modern World but side by side building a fiercely proud and successful local culture, Be it a Bangali or a Malayali or a Marathi or whichever state which comes under Bharat.

Look at it from a perspective of , The WInner imposes its system over the Losers, But now we cannot ignore English completely but we definitely can bolster our local culture.

I dont want my Bharat to embrace the English Culture Totally but instead stand on its own and become so successful that people would lilke to emulate Bharat instead of the other way around.
I get your drift, but then what is 'Indian culture' or for that matter 'Bharat cuture'?

That is the question.

I don't think that in India, there is anyone following the "English culture". In fact, it is concoction or bastaridation of their regional culture with what they think is the 'English culture'.

For instance, the Maharastrian of MP or even what was known as Chota Nagpur area or the areas that was with the erstwhile Nizam's somain is vastly different from that of Maharastra.

Likewise. the culture of East Bengal and West Bengal is dissimilar.

Therefore, even amongst a genetically near similar ethnic group, there is no similar culture.

Even amongst religious groups, there is dissimilarity. Takes the Muslims. A UP Muslim and his culture is total alien to the culture of a Hyderabadi Muslim or a Bengali Muslim.

Likewise with the Hindus, who have different cultures and languages as per the region they come from.

So is the case with the Christians.

Therefore, while India is one, there is nothing called an 'Indian culture' or 'Bharat culture' or that any people of India can claim that they are following the 'English culture'.

In so far as my post in reference, my point was taht when one is using a language, be it any language, one should be as close to that language as one can be.

For instance, jewaila or jhopaila if pronounced incorrectly can lead to another embarrassing word in Marathi.

Puchi to a Punjabi means a peck on the cheek as they say to their children to show affection towards a visiting Uncle.

But in Marathi?

Last edited:

Ajesh

I get your drift, but then what is 'Indian culture' or for that matter 'Bharat cuture'?

That is the question.

I don't think that in India, there is anyone following the "English culture". In fact, it is concoction or bastaridation of their regional culture with what they think is the 'English culture'.

For instance, the Maharastrian of MP or even what was known as Chota Nagpur area or the areas that was with the erstwhile Nizam's somain is vastly different from that of Maharastra.

Likewise. the culture of East Bengal and West Bengal is dissimilar.

Therefore, even amongst a genetically near similar ethnic group, there is no similar culture.

My point is when one is using a language, one should be as close to that language as one can be.

For instance, jewaila or jhopaila if pronounced incorrectly can lead to another embarrassing word in Marathi.

Puchi to a Punjabi means a kiss as they say to their children to show affection towards a visiting Uncle.

But in Marathi?
Its simple, Bharat Culture is basically the Culture of Your Origin, where-ever you are from, Maharashtra or Bengal or Wherever, There are many fine things in our Local Culture which we are not even aware of but are there.

For example, Being a Malayali i was not aware of many things which was part of my Past, Mu Cultural Heritage, and once i knew that i really felt stupid to see the way we take pride in copying "Western Culture".

All these things matter, because unless you take Local Pride, major things like Development, Progress, Just wont happen.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
sir, not calling mumbai as bombay is cheap politics of ss and mns. Common people of maharashtra don't have such problem about referring mumbai as bombay
Having been regularly to Mumbai and other parts of Maharastra, it is taken almost as a sacrilege to call Mumbai as Bombay.

It maybe that the SS and MNS make a song and a dance about it, but there is surely an undercurrent that runs, even amongst the educated.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Its simple, Bharat Culture is basically the Culture of Your Origin, where-ever you are from, Maharashtra or Bengal or Wherever, There are many fine things in our Local Culture which we are not even aware of but are there.

For example, Being a Malayali i was not aware of many things which was part of my Past, Mu Cultural Heritage, and once i knew that i really felt stupid to see the way we take pride in copying "Western Culture".

All these things matter, because unless you take Local Pride, major things like Development, Progress, Just wont happen.
That is an easy way out to the definition of 'Indian culture'.

I am afraid one does not even emulate 'Western culture' since there is nothing called a 'Western culture'. What some follow is what they think is 'western culture', but in actuality is nothing but a figment of their imagination as being 'western culture'.

I wonder how many even know the culture of their region and yet profess that they are following and propagating the 'Bharat culture'.

Yes, Pride is important in the progress of a Nation. Take pride in being an Indian and work towards its glory without worrying about the peripheral necessity of conjuring a contrived uniformity, which in actuality does not exist.

India is too multi dimensional in all aspect and that is why the motto is 'Unity in Diversity'.

Ajesh

That is an easy way out to the definition of 'Indian culture'.

I am afraid one does not even emulate 'Western culture' since there is nothing called a 'Western culture'. What some follow is what they think is 'western culture', but in actuality is nothing but a figment of their imagination as being 'western culture'.

I wonder how many even know the culture of their region and yet profess that they are following and propagating the 'Bharat culture'.

Yes, Pride is important in the progress of a Nation. Take pride in being an Indian and work towards its glory without worrying about the peripheral necessity of conjuring a contrived uniformity, which in actuality does not exist.

India is too multi dimensional in all aspect and that is why the motto is 'Unity in Diversity'.
Why is there a need for a Complex Definition, Many aspects are there which used to be followed by our Forefathers and that were beautiful and yet have a practical Relevance. Just follow them

Take an Example,. I know You are a Maharashtrian, But do You know there is a Traditional Kushti here, have you followed it? Ever Played it ? I know it because i have practised it and i know it is beautiful but people practising it are in Dire Straits. Why ? Because people dont take their culture Seriously. Somewhat because of what attitude You are carrying.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Btw, I believe his profile name is not an expression of 'hiding' as I am not hiding under my profile name - or everybody is hiding under their profile name.

It's just that in his posts in various threads he has been proving his Anglophile or rather Love for almost anything Western, and blind love too, that is embarrassing.
Btw atleast I am not sitting in England/America and writing that I love India like some people do. I am here in Kolkata and trying to become a rational citizen of this great country.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why is there a need for a Complex Definition, Many aspects are there which used to be followed by our Forefathers and that were beautiful and yet have a practical Relevance. Just follow them

Take an Example,. I know You are a Maharashtrian, But do You know there is a Traditional Kushti here, have you followed it? Ever Played it ? I know it because i have practised it and i know it is beautiful but people practising it are in Dire Straits. Why ? Because people dont take their culture Seriously. Somewhat because of what attitude You are carrying.
I am not a Maharastrian and instead have mentioned at many places that I am a Bengali.

Are you talking about Kushti or wrestling.

Yes, in my unit we did that, but officers were not allowed to participate in contact sports.

I also have done the lezium but the Malkhambh required greater skill. I have also done the Gomoh dance and participated in Lavanis (the song part of it, that is)

I have enjoyed Zhunka & Bakri too.

And go crazy in ecstasy when food is prepared with Konkani Masala, Kohlapuri Masala or even Goda Masala (the catch all phrase). It is an interesting fact that traditional Maharastrian families make their own Masalas and use it over the year. Each is different from the other.

I am a Bengali, but I am well verse in many aspects of Maharastrian life and I am proud to be so. But that does not make it an 'Indian culture'

I enjoy Indian classical music (though that would be a wrong definition since there is a vast difference between what is called Hindustani classical and Carnatic classical) and enjoy both the versions. Note: nothing is common, not even music.

I also know that there is a difference between the North Kerala Nairs and South Kerala Nairs and that the pre-pubertal thalikettu kalyanam and the later sambandam , the practice of polygamy in some areas in the ancient times and that some Nair women also practised hypergamy with Nambudiri Brahmins from the Malabar region.

I revel in the kaleidoscope of India and imbibe as much I can, but I daresay that there is ONE Indian culture.

Yet, I will confess I do not know (as many Indian would not know) the traditions and custom or even cultural nuances practised by my Forefathers.

And though you are in Mumbai, you do not know the language of that place.

Please refer to Post #234 and the Marathi words.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles