IAF MiG-21 shoots down Pakistani F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Just like Americans claiming their army is number One without providing concrete facts and evidence. The radar images + their own self condtradictory statements about a “doosra banda” are circumstantial in itself. Of course, it landed in Pak territory, so they would deny being downed.
You know what's the similiarity between these claims? They're both designed to rally and inspire the home team rather than a statement of objective analysis.

With the prevalence of smart phones and the internet, no matter if that plane landed in Pakistan, if that's true somehow photos or videos, or if not testimonies of it.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
The first pic you showed does not have that -I- sign
I believe you are referring to this Picture of this specific R-73:
Yes it doesn't have the -I- symbol, so what are you trying to make out here? I did not get it?
IMG_20211226_185453.png

@Neil David Dsouza
Hi if you have time, please make a poster like what pakis did, showing the proofs India provided and countering them.
BTW regarding balakot strike, EU space and other were focused on mosque which we never targetted.
We have used precision strike, the holes in the building are still visible on planet.com website for feb27 2019.

What kind of poster are you referring to? Which poster did the Pakis make? Could you kindly share it here? Than I will see if I can make a poster about it.

Chimaji Appa

You know what's the similiarity between these claims? They're both designed to rally and inspire the home team rather than a statement of objective analysis.

With the prevalence of smart phones and the internet, no matter if that plane landed in Pakistan, if that's true somehow photos or videos, or if not testimonies of it.
Except OP gives some testimony, reliable or not. India has never been shy of releasing its casualties.

This little “skirmish” doesn’t matter anyway. The MiG-21 is probably IAF’s most outdated craft, and the fact that Pakistan boasts about this is laughable. The only long lasting consequence of this clash was that it gave Pakis some kanging material, where they spam everywhere.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

DG ISPR Of Pakistan himself said that one pilot is dead in CMH Rawalpindi and another handed over to India he said it one week after the incident there was no fog of war then
Imran Khan PM of Pakistan himself gave an official statement that two aircrafts were downed in Pakistani airspace and pilots were captured

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You being an American fanboy won't ever see any evidence.

So it's best, you stop wasting your time here.
I'll be tge first to admit if I see verifiable facts. That's not an issue for me.

The F-16 is just anither military hardware. It's performance is not only dependent on its technological sophistication but equally, by its pilot. If it was piloted by a gung ho pilot who believes he is Maverick personified then I will not be surprised if it was shot down.

In the last 30 years, several USAF and allied F-16s have been shot down in Iraq and Serbia. It's not an immortal aircraft.

But as I said, right now there's no concrete proof of this shotdown claim.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I'll be tge first to admit if I see verifiable facts. That's not an issue for me.

The F-16 is just anither military hardware. It's performance is not only dependent on its technological sophistication but equally, by its pilot. If it was piloted by a gung ho pilot who believes he is Maverick personified then I will not be surprised if it was shot down.

In the last 30 years, several USAF and allied F-16s have been shot down in Iraq and Serbia. It's not an immortal aircraft.

But as I said, right now there's no concrete proof of this shotdown claim.
The 2nd pilot who died in cmh Rawalpindi was from F16

Tang

Country flag

No the claims are not similar.
IAF showed radar images and challenged PAF to show the radar image. Why PAF is scared to do so.

Further, there were multiple videos from PoK, where locals were saying they found two pilots.

This video below has combined multiple such videos of PoK locals. Plus explaining what happened that day.

PS:- Pak army is such a loser, that in kargil they claimed that they were not participating the war. This is the level of propaganda pak can do.

Super Flanker

Banned
Land of Denial and Coverup-Pakistan!

In 1986 a pig Destroyed a PAF F-16. Pak Military denied it initially *

In 1987 a Falcon Destroyed another PAF F16. Pak Military denied it initially *

In 2019 a Bison Destroyed a PAF F-16. Pak Military is denying it*

(This is Pakistan in a Nutshell! I must Say! Let Pakistan stay in denial, after a few years they will themselves Accept that they lost an F16 to a Mig 21 bison)
20211023_145643.jpg

Super Flanker

Banned
I don't see any evidence. I see a lot of assertion, without verifiable facts.
What do you mean by 'no evidence'?
Can't you see that Indian Airforce has presented all the evidence?
All the evidence of that F-16 which was shot down by Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman Exists.
India has provided Radar evidence of F-16 being Shot down. You think we simply wasted our time writing nearly 200+ pages on something which doesn't have any evidence to prove it?
1_1zoee862WPyNd4TEjm_UMA-e1554634590451-696x392.png

Super Flanker

Banned
Of course they will deny. The US worked to deny Pakistan lost an F-16 after it encountered Soviet aircraft. The US denied Scott Speicher's F-18 was shot down by a Mig-25 over Iraq even though his wingman admitted a Mig downed his co pilot. The US denies everything by default.

And the F-16 restrictions the US puts on Pakistan reminds me of a parent telling their child to bring back the family car safely and always calling up and checking up to make sure the child doesn't get into trouble.
The F-16 has been built in numbers of more 4500+ Which is a really big number. The F-16 is also Operated by not one ,not two or three but by more than 25+ countries.

There is no way that US is going to accept any soon that an advanced aircraft like the F-16 was shot down by an Inferior MIG-21 Bison Aircraft.

It will basically show the superiority of Russian/Soviet Hardware over that of American.

The F-16 will lose its value in the Aircraft Export Market to a very large extent Which is something that the US will not want.

Sure ,it's a well known fact that The F-16 is far more Advanced than any version of the MIG-21, but in the case of 27th February, it was just the Pakistani Pilot was Unprofessional in that case and Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman's superior skills and professionalism was the sheer factor which allowed The MIG-21 to shoot down that F-16.

The following Countries are the Operators of the F-16 Fighter Aircraft:
IMG_20211227_130314.png

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What do you mean by 'no evidence'?
Can't you see that Indian Airforce has presented all the evidence?
All the evidence of that F-16 which was shot down by Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman Exists.
India has provided Radar evidence of F-16 being Shot down. You think we simply wasted our time writing nearly 200+ pages on something which doesn't have any evidence to prove it?
View attachment 127929

Sorry I do not see an irrefutable evidence set yet. Besides, there is a leaked US audit of Pakistan's F-16's after the incident to content with (which you most likely do not believe).

U.S. count shows no Pakistan F-16s shot down in Indian battle: report

As I said 2 years before, the truth about this claim will eventually come out, if it is true. And most likely the information will come out from US media investigations citing leaked internal US Defense Department documents on this saga. Until a more solid evidence is available my judgment on the claim of downing of a Pakistani F-16 is suspended.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Sorry I do not see an irrefutable evidence set yet. Besides, there is a leaked US audit of Pakistan's F-16's after the incident to content with (which you most likely do not believe).

As I said 2 years before, the truth about this claim will eventually come out, if it is true. And most likely the information will come out from US media investigations citing leaked internal US Defense Department documents on this saga. Until a more solid evidence is available my judgment on the claim of downing of a Pakistani F-16 is suspended.
Haven’t counted Pakistan’s F-16s, says Pentagon after US magazine claimed it did

Super Flanker

Banned
Guys, I am really Confused about this case which is regarding some guy called Shahaz Uddin.

I believe that's fake new. Sure that there was an F16 shot down that day but now Pakistanis are saying that There is no such name of any pilot or there is no Muslim name such as 'Shahaz Uddin'
@Tshering22 @FalconZero @Lonewolf
@FalconSlayers
(Guys share your thoughts on this, is it true that there is no such pilot called as Shahaz Uddin or Something? We need to Investigate this further)

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Haven’t counted Pakistan’s F-16s, says Pentagon after US magazine claimed it did

To be fair to the US Defense Department, it did not directly declare that no count was made on Pakistani F-16s, they simply said that:

“weren’t aware of any investigation like that”
While the US State Department said:

"As a matter of policy, the Department does not publicly comment on details of government-to-government agreements on end-use monitoring of US-origin defence articles."
It's a neither here nor there diplomatic lingo. But rest assured, if there is really something here the truth will eventually come out to form a solid and complete ring of evidence (not simply circumstantial).

Notice that no major defense magazines and analysts have arrived yet at a conclusion that a Pakistani F-16 was indeed shot down. Not all these entities are sympathetic to the US much more to Pakistan.

Super Flanker

Banned

You are citing this report of F-16 counting. This is infact fake news and nothing else for your kind information.

You really think that America is going to accept that one of its top of the line Fighter Aircraft like an F16 was shot down by an Inferior MIG-21 Bison?

Hell ,its not gonna happen anytime soon. If you don't want to believe this claim of an F-16 than you can be my guest.

We have discussed all the evidence of that F-16 , even in POK the locals said that they saw more than one Aircraft and Pilot come down, there is Radar evidence to prove that F-16 was shot down that day.

Now with regards to that Report of F-16 counting, the Pentagon themselves rejected this report.
Have a look at the following articles which I am sharing here.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You are citing this report of F-16 counting. This is infact fake news and nothing else for your kind information.

You really think that America is going to accept that one of its top of the line Fighter Aircraft like an F16 was shot down by an Inferior MIG-21 Bison?

Hell ,its not gonna happen anytime soon. If you don't want to believe this claim of an F-16 than you can be my guest.

We have discussed all the evidence of that F-16 , even in POK the locals said that they saw more than one Aircraft and Pilot come down, there is Radar evidence to prove that F-16 was shot down that day.

Now with regards to that Report of F-16 counting, the Pentagon themselves rejected this report.
Have a look at the following articles which I am sharing here.

I don't see why the US will not acknowledge the downing of a Pakistani F-16 (it does not operate)? The F-16 has been shot down several times in the past (post-Cold War) and these incidents have been acknowledged by the US.

Besides, rest assured that some defense magazine sleuth, perhaps with the help of internal connections, will eventually leak out evidence of the downing of Pakistani F-16, if there is truth to it. Most likely the leak will happen when the US is peddling an important agreement to India... 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles