Hindustan Trainer HTT-40

Gessler

Country flag
This will go the LCA way, the IAF will be reluctant initially later will accept praising an indigenous aircraft. Another saga part two before IJT and AMCA.
No it won't. Neither will Navy....because the PC-7 is already inducted & fulfilling all Basic trainer roles in IAF, and IN will also select the same aircraft for it's BTT role when needed.

The HTT-40 simply has no viable customers within India.

If they want to turn it into a production aircraft, they'll have to look for buyers on the international market.

suny6611

Country flag
Specifications (PC-7 Turbo Trainer)[edit]
Data from [29]

General characteristics

Performance

Armament

• Hardpoints: 6 × hardpoints for bombs and rockets with a capacity of 1,040 kg (2,294 lb)[31]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilatus_PC-7#Specifications_.28PC-7_Turbo_Trainer.29

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_HTT-40

Specifications (HTT-40)[edit]
Data from HAL[3]

General characteristics

• Crew: 2
  • Gross weight: 2,800 kg (6,173 lb)
  • Powerplant: 1 × to be determined turboprop, 710 kW (950 hp)
Performance

• Maximum speed: 600 km/h (373 mph; 324 kn) [10]
  • Range: 1,000 km (621 mi; 540 nmi)
  • Service ceiling: 6,000 m (19,685 ft)
Armament

• Can be armed with a gun, rockets and bombs[1][10]
my vote for PC 7 !!!!!!!!!!!!

not much on wiki to compare the 2.

garg_bharat

Country flag
The PC-7 version for India is pure trainer. It cannot be weaponized.

The HTT40 can be weaponized, and will have a more powerful engine and greater speed.

Let us wait for specs to be published for htt40.

garg_bharat

Country flag
The orders for htt40 depends on how its development goes.

If it performs well, it can be used by india as well as it can be exported.

No point comparing it now.

smestarz

Country flag
No it won't. Neither will Navy....because the PC-7 is already inducted & fulfilling all Basic trainer roles in IAF, and IN will also select the same aircraft for it's BTT role when needed.

The HTT-40 simply has no viable customers within India.

If they want to turn it into a production aircraft, they'll have to look for buyers on the international market.
I think the govt will not reduce import of products that we are already making thats basically the end of more Pilatus Also the Pilatus deal and all the mischief should be investigated and the instigator hanged in public

Gessler

Country flag
I think the govt will not reduce import of products that we are already making thats basically the end of more Pilatus Also the Pilatus deal and all the mischief should be investigated and the instigator hanged in public
The last sentence clearly shows your immaturity & feather-brained mentality.

You ought to edit it and put in something more realistic. Anyway it's your choice.

smestarz

Country flag
The last sentence clearly shows your immaturity & feather-brained mentality.

You ought to edit it and put in something more realistic. Anyway it's your choice.
I do not need advices from Ass kissers like you You are just a Ass kisser for the imported Air force. NAK brownes butt is available, go ahead.
BTW on the forum we are here to debate, not have maturity test..

Gessler

Country flag
I do not need advices from Ass kissers like you You are just a Ass kisser for the imported Air force. NAK brownes butt is available, go ahead.
BTW on the forum we are here to debate, not have maturity test..
I don't kiss asses. I kick them. Especially the dumb-asses.

You can't run around shouting about hanging people in public. It makes you look stupid & weak-minded, basically a person who takes knee-jerk decisions.

But as I said, if you WANT to be seen as such, by all means stick with that mentality. It's your choice after all. Forgive me for trying to teach you some sense.

garg_bharat

Country flag
HTT40 is a plane in development. It is not even flying yet. There is no need to pass judgement on it.

It is @Gessler who shows immaturity without understanding why HTT40 is approved by MOD.

garg_bharat

Country flag
If HTT40 does not work as expected, then obviously more PC7 can be bought.

However no such decision is taken as yet.

PaliwalWarrior

HAL, DRDO, ADA have money to burn on laboratory prototypes and technology-demonstrators. It's unfortunate that it comes way too late (still it's nowhere near ready though). Fact of the matter is that with the PC-7 already inducted and more coming, there is simply no requirement in IAF anymore for another type of Basic Turboprop-Trainer (BTT). This HTT-40 would meet the same fate as the NAL Saras.

Unless ofcourse if the agencies wise up a bit and seek export customers. But which country would be ready to invest time & money in a yet-to-be-proven BTT from a not-so-famous manufacturer? Remains to be seen.
Having money to burn is a good thing

What is good about this is

HAL has gone down the product development approach - despite rejection from iaf it is following it's own product development path - gaining knowledge and experience

HAL is also taking the own product development path in case of turboprop engines and 25kn jet black engines

Which is again a good move

smestarz

Country flag

You can't run around shouting about hanging people in public. It makes you look stupid & weak-minded, basically a person who takes knee-jerk decisions.

But as I said, if you WANT to be seen as such, by all means stick with that mentality. It's your choice after all. Forgive me for trying to teach you some sense.
Seems you dont know much about defence nor economics part of it, So what am I going to debate you about? Just tell your mom to give you a lot of complan, it might help you to grow..

smestarz

Country flag

You are similar to some "secular" parties in India who say "kick" but then go around kissing.
BTW what is wrong to hang traitors? So you mean to say that hanging Afzal was wrong??

Sorry, for being off topic, but I am allergic to retards like Gessler. He is a mod on some site and feels his arrogance and stupdity is acceptable on each forum... typical

Gessler

Country flag
You are similar to some "secular" parties in India who say "kick" but then go around kissing.
BTW what is wrong to hang traitors? So you mean to say that hanging Afzal was wrong??
No-one hangs anyone in public. They are hanged inside a jail.

Such ideas are the result of not having the tenacity to follow the course of law. I can say with certainly that people who make such statements as "must be hanged in public" are basically weak-minded individuals who would faint at the sight of blood.

I've got nothing to learn from them, except how to make knee-jerk statements.

Sorry, for being off topic, but I am allergic to retards like Gessler. He is a mod on some site and feels his arrogance and stupdity is acceptable on each forum... typical
Atleast the two of us maintain our standing wherever we go. I am practically-thinking there & practically-thinking here. You are a knee-jerking idiot there & a knee-jerking idiot here.

No change.

Gessler

Country flag
Seems you dont know much about defence nor economics part of it, So what am I going to debate you about? Just tell your mom to give you a lot of complan, it might help you to grow..
Ok, Mr. Defence expert.

As I said, if you WANT to be an idiot and believe HTT-40 has a market in India and that everyone is going to be arrested, hanged in public, and have genitals cut off,...all just because they selected & purchased an aircraft you don't like....there's nothing I can do to correct you.

Now you may continue to live in your delusions.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Please stop this useless discussion.

Very young people read these message boards. What are we teaching them??

Domestic designs should continue to be developed even if we are importing.

I have already said that HTT40 is in development. IAF orders or not IS NOT AN ISSUE.

@Gessler has an agenda which is quite obvious.

smestarz

Country flag
Having money to burn is a good thing

What is good about this is

HAL has gone down the product development approach - despite rejection from iaf it is following it's own product development path - gaining knowledge and experience

HAL is also taking the own product development path in case of turboprop engines and 25kn jet black engines

Which is again a good move
India does not have money to burn, specially when that money is coming from Tax payer like me. If there is choice given to people where they want to put their money in, most would have said not in planes like PC-7 which stink scam.

Prop engines are norm for basic training in most countries, the reason being that they do give the pilot the actual experience to fly. Flight simulator is good but nothing is as good as actual flying where you get the sense of proportion, and also the Gs when you dive and pull up. The Flight simulators are not that good. So apparently Turbo prop trainers are there to stay at least 2 decades.

Indian navy does not really follow suit with IAF, As you know that IAF was totally against Tejas and wanting to scrap it for getting in Rafails, But navy insisted on having Naval LCA but tailored to their own requirements. IT is actually the naval effort and support that in a way pushed tejas to where it is now and with no thanks to IAF. IT is not a rule that Navy has to buy what IAF buys, and further commonality with IAF does not really bother navy, They are two different and independent services with different and independent procurement systems and management.

Indian navy did not purchase MiG-29K because IAF uses MiG-29, MiG-29K is very much different than IAF only the basic shape is same but its much different and improved plane, and it was part of the deal for buying INS Vikramaditya.

All the crap that Gessler is giving is based on his blind assertion that IAF should buy imported products and every mischief or fixing is acceptable to buy foreign products even if the economy tanks. I think he is a kid who is student, so he does not earn, or pays tax, maybe his education is subsidised too, so what the crap has he got to lose.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles