HAL Advanced Light Helicopter Dhruv

Kyubi

Country flag
guys i think a specialized version of LCH / ALH should be developed for electronic warfare ,that is basically create new sub-systems which can be installed on select LCH /ALH versions.

BLIND and CONQUER

a EW optimized LCH flying along side 5 other LCH will create an additional bubble of protection for the group, its primary function will be to preemptive any offensive action against the LCHs rather than wait for the threat to materialize which will then be countered/maybe countered by the individual LCHs defensive suite .

the EW optimized LCH will carry hardware to
1.spoof proximity fuses and other fuses fired from anti aircraft guns.
2.spoof the active seeker of the fired missiles and force it to change the flight task. As a result the missile begins to see a false target and gets misdirected. (THIS CAPABILITY IS PRESENT IN BRAHMOS MISSILE)
3.allow on-board high power EW direction-finders and jammers for enforcing comms-degraded environment so that even enemy squad level communications are disrupted (Frequency-hopping radios and SDR).
4.allow on-board systems to support in-action target prioritization, deep attack, and BDA (battle field damage assessment) plus deny the enemy's effective use of Command and control fire support communications against air borne platforms.
5.allow exploitation of unexpected enemy assets/threats and generate in battle indications of enemy vulnerabilities for rapid dissemination to accompanying LCHs for neutralization.
6.allow deep , close and rear operations with minimal eternal support or minimal preparations due to time critical factor
7.act as a passive scout ie remain invisible to the enemy while canning the airspace for threats and ground based radar units etc

in short i am advocating a NON-KINETIC ATTACK version of LCH / ALH.

please dont confuse it with the soon to be inducted Apache longbow helicopter , i am talking about a GROWLER version of LCH / ALH
I don't think we r getting Longbows , I believe dey r Apaches Longbow fire control radar are not part of the proposed deal

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

porky_kicker

Country flag
some of the ordered apaches will be the longbow version fitted with fire control radar and target acquisition system plus the Radar Frequency Interferometer (RFI), all housed in a dome located above the main rotor.

this will enable target detecting and target distribution plus prioritization . this will be possible among Apaches only as of now, it remains to be seen whether RUDRA / LCH will be fitted with sub systems to allow networking with the Apache longbow version helicopters.

i am advocating a a entirely different concept- a highly potent SEAD/DEAD (loose analogy) optimized version of ALH/LCH for helicopter operations

we never look for future trends rather remain content with run of the mill solutions

a high power direction finding and cuing capability
a tactical jamming capability
a comms jamming capability
a ECCM capability
among other things as mentioned in my previous post.

try to at-least emulate some functional capability from both the growler and a decent command and control platform for a robust NON KINETIC ATTACK capability and complete uninterrupted situational awareness and BDA (battlefield damage assessment) capabilities etc

the moment we damage or take control of the enemy EM spectrum half the battle is already won.

porky_kicker

Country flag

this video will give you an idea of one of the concept i propose for ALH

(pic for reference only) Stop-Rotor Rotary Wing Aircraft

ALH can carry a few numbers of small sized rotary / Stop-Rotor Rotary drones / decoys (call them what you may ) which will be released in flight over enemy territory prior to a mission to confuse the enemy defenses.

IT/THEY WILL MIMIC THE FLIGHT PROFILE OF AN ATTACKING HELICOPTER/HELICOPTERS AMONG OTHER THINGS.

these will fool the enemy sensors into revealing themselves and attacking the decoys,this will keep the attacking Indian helicopter forces from coming into harms way plus other benefits as explained below.

logic being what is applicable for aircraft's is equally applicable to helicopters (within its limitations).

something like the aircraft launched Miniature Air Launched Decoy (MALD)

i propose small sized Rotary wing UAV’s / drones / decoys carrying swap-able (depending on mission) radio/radar/infrared jammers, emitters, including deploy-able reflective surfaces which can easily spoof / decoy enemy defenses.
these Drones could have ability to switch out modular decoy and/or countermeasure packages such as chaff/flares , jamming , spoofing etc.

we got to take the initiative in innovative thinking like the Israelis and the Russians :yo:

got to get out of gandhi (big things, out of the world) mentality and instill common man (small thing / innovative / doable /everybody) mentality. :playball: :yo:

Last edited:

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
[QUOTE="WolfPack86, post: 1188136, member: 18205"

Rudra attack helicopter[/QUOTE]
Do rudra doesn't carry an passengers?

indiatester

Country flag

Rudra attack helicopter
Do rudra doesn't carry an passengers?
That would be its sibling HAL Dhruv

From Wiki
"While flight testing the Light Combat Helicopter, a modified version of HAL Dhruv, the Indian Army came to the conclusion that without making any major modifications to the Dhruv air-frame, an armed variant can also be developed and delivered to the army quickly. This variant was named Rudra"

kstriya

Country flag
Why cannot we make a ASW version of the ALH Dhruv for the Indian navy?

Jagdish58

Why cannot we make a ASW version of the ALH Dhruv for the Indian navy?

Guess ASW Dhruv was rejected by Navy due to non-availability of foldable rotar , Undercarriage issue , payload & sensor issues

But HAL can make a pitch again with offering Mk3 version of Naval variant with foldable rotar , since HAL has developed foldable Rotar for LUH

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles