Ghost Stories & other Paranormal Experiences

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Interesting Thread.

Time for me to post one story from my college days. (around 2007 i guess)

So I have this friend during my engineering college days. He is a very bold and tough guy. He is not the kind to make stories. If anything, he will laugh at you if you tell him you saw a ghost.

So we are in the core committee. We work late in the night and have fun for preparation of the festivals coming in a couple of days. We leave at around 12.30am from the college. I get on my bike and leave. My friend walks from another secluded way (inside college campus) to the bus stop to catch a bus home.

Next day we meet and my friend is smoking more than usual. I ask him what happened. He didn't say anything the first few times but then couldn't hold it in any longer and pulled me aside. He says "Please don't tell anyone. But something happened last night".

I had just left on my bike and he started walking on the lonely way. On the way to the bus stop, this narrow lane comes in where on the left side there is a fence behind which there is a botany garden. On the right side there is a barb wire fence and a temple & ground behind it. The road is around 100m long and once you enter it, you can't go either way, just front or back.

He enters the road. Its very dark. Only the light from far off street lights shows. He is looking down and walking ahead. He casually looks in front and sees a girl in a red dress walking towards him around 30metres away. He doesn't think of it too much and keeps walking. As the girl starts getting closer, he starts feeling closer and creepier. He doesn't know why. The girl has her hair over her shoulders which cover half of her torso.

To confirm, he looks at her legs. Her legs are pointing the right way, but he gets the shock of his life. She wasn't walking..... she was gliding about 6 inches above the ground. He gets shit scared but freezes. Doesn't know what to do. As the girl is also quite close, he doesn't want to run back. So he keeps walking ahead.

He makes up his mind not to look at her. But unable to hold himself back when the girl gets too close, he looks at her. (I could see the fear in his eyes when he came to this point). It was full of dread). He sees a face, a face he cannot describe. Just at that moment, the OM pendant on his neck breaks in half. That's when he bolts.

For the next few weeks, he kept getting occasional dreams calling his name.

I asked him many times to tell me what did she look like. He just kept saying "Believe me, I want to tell you. But there is simply no way I can describe it. I try, but I can't"

The same day in the evening, I asked a couple of old watchmen there if they saw any girl walking around last night. They asked me straight away "Are you talking about the girl in the red dress?". I said yes. They said just don't look at her and keep walking. She was the ghost of a girl murdered there in early nineties.
There are similar stories from autowallahs in Delhi. They never stop for women standing alone at night, specially on Dhaula Kuan-Karol Bagh stretch. Few have given rides to them and never got better.

One taxi driver gave a ride to a woman like that in night and looked back after 10-15 minutes to see there was no one. He got shit scared, lost balance and hit a pole in front!

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Correction- Sanghis are not RW!!
Ok. . . . .
I am not much into arguments these days.

Funny thing is,
Communists and Sanghis are rivals on many fronts. But I get along with maithra all fine.

We are on other hand supposed to be from same spectrum. We had more arguments than maithra and I.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Ok. . . . .
I am not much into arguments these days.

Funny thing is,
Communists and Sanghis are rivals on many fronts. But I get along with maithra all fine.

We are on other hand supposed to be from same spectrum. We had more arguments than maithra and I.
In a family you have more arguments than with your neighbours. Does not mean that your neighbour is your best pal!!

alphacentury

Country flag
Hey guys, move irrelevant posts to chit chat thread.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
There are similar stories from autowallahs in Delhi. They never stop for women standing alone at night, specially on Dhaula Kuan-Karol Bagh stretch. Few have given rides to them and never got better.

One taxi driver gave a ride to a woman like that in night and looked back after 10-15 minutes to see there was no one. He got shit scared, lost balance and hit a pole in front!
I laughed my belly out :rofl:Autowallas in Delhi not picking up lone women at night? I have heard from an SI of Delhi Police, many auto Wallas only ply during night in search of hapless women! I dont know about Uber drivers though... certainly many of them are out to have some fun n action at night.
As for Karolbagh-Dhaula Kuan stretch, you may be mentioning about Buddha Jayanti Marg, which bisects a few kilometers of ridge and city forests. What to talk of women, even men are not seen standing on this road. In the morning you can spot groups of PWD labourers occasionally on various jobs...thereafter the place is as lonely as Mars !!

Last edited:

sasum

My cousins living in Delhi area had recent experiences!!

They live in north Delhi and heard voice of crying lady one night (some 5-6 of them). It was coming from outside from the staircase. They live on the top floor and it was coming from the last floor. They went out and it stopped. The same incident has repeated over several times in the last few months.

They talked to their neighbors about it and one of them told that a large part of this area was grave yard under Muslim rule and it is common to hear such noise or experience other such incidents. But there is not much to worry and can be ignored in general. He also told that this is one of the reasons that dogs in the area keep barking all night and never go quiet!

Funnily, one of the guys was alone one day and also heard someone knocking on the door while he was showering!!

Also, some of their friends living in aother place in same area heard "payal ki awaz" one night and got shit scared and moved out of their apartment the next day!
Seems straight out of a Vikram Bhatt film. Female Indian ghosts (chudail) have a knack of wearing White chiffons and payals. They also seem quite enchanting till deciding to show off their mutated and disfigured face!!
No doubt Tantriks & Godmen are never unemployed in India.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I laughed my belly out :rofl:Autowallas in Delhi not picking up lone women at night? I have heard from an SI of Delhi Police, many auto Wallas only ply during night in search of hapless women! I dont know about Uber drivers though... certainly many of them are out to have some fun n action at night.
As for Karolbagh-Dhaula Kuan stretch, you may be mentioning about Buddha Jayanti Marg, which bisects a few kilometers of ridge and city forests. What to talk of women, even men are not seen standing on this road. In the morning you can spot groups of PWD labourers occasionally on various jobs...thereafter the place is as lonely as Mars !!
Yes, it is the one along ridge! I usually take it for the same reason because it is almost traffic free at night. I did not meet any incident, but I have been unlucky with ghosts in general!!

But yes, I have scared some people on the ridge for sure. Apparently, the whole stretch (even near DU ) is almost always empty at night except for night crawlers like us!

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Why? Did you get out of your car and stood on the road?
No took them for a night walk on the ridge!!

There are some old haunted structures there!! hihahahaha

But according to anecdotal evidence army has heavy presence in the forests and so it is not a good idea to venture off too far.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Yes, it is the one along ridge! I usually take it for the same reason because it is almost traffic free at night. I did not meet any incident, but I have been unlucky with ghosts in general!!

But yes, I have scared some people on the ridge for sure. Apparently, the whole stretch (even near DU ) is almost always empty at night except for night crawlers like us!
Similar stories I heard about Raipur -Dhamtari road, of a white saree women luring men and killing them at the forest.

Most creepy stories I heard about Nandini road Bhilai sector 6, where a women used to ask for a lift and on the next day bodies were found of those who gave lift to her, creepy part is that the bodies were equally cut in two pieces, and in the post mortem the cutting weapon could not be identified. Skull to groin cut in two pieces like Jarasandh. I tried to verify its veracity but never saw any official news on it.

sasum

You tube is full of ghosts, aliens and mutants supposedly caught on tape !! Currently there is a stupid one circulating where a fox with human face talking about Allah and such stuff from within its cage in Karachi Zoo. The cut-paste vfx is so crude that even toddlers puckered their faces in disgust.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Interesting Thread.

Time for me to post one story from my college days. (around 2007 i guess)

So I have this friend during my engineering college days. He is a very bold and tough guy. He is not the kind to make stories. If anything, he will laugh at you if you tell him you saw a ghost.

So we are in the core committee. We work late in the night and have fun for preparation of the festivals coming in a couple of days. We leave at around 12.30am from the college. I get on my bike and leave. My friend walks from another secluded way (inside college campus) to the bus stop to catch a bus home.

Next day we meet and my friend is smoking more than usual. I ask him what happened. He didn't say anything the first few times but then couldn't hold it in any longer and pulled me aside. He says "Please don't tell anyone. But something happened last night".

I had just left on my bike and he started walking on the lonely way. On the way to the bus stop, this narrow lane comes in where on the left side there is a fence behind which there is a botany garden. On the right side there is a barb wire fence and a temple & ground behind it. The road is around 100m long and once you enter it, you can't go either way, just front or back.

He enters the road. Its very dark. Only the light from far off street lights shows. He is looking down and walking ahead. He casually looks in front and sees a girl in a red dress walking towards him around 30metres away. He doesn't think of it too much and keeps walking. As the girl starts getting closer, he starts feeling closer and creepier. He doesn't know why. The girl has her hair over her shoulders which cover half of her torso.

To confirm, he looks at her legs. Her legs are pointing the right way, but he gets the shock of his life. She wasn't walking..... she was gliding about 6 inches above the ground. He gets shit scared but freezes. Doesn't know what to do. As the girl is also quite close, he doesn't want to run back. So he keeps walking ahead.

He makes up his mind not to look at her. But unable to hold himself back when the girl gets too close, he looks at her. (I could see the fear in his eyes when he came to this point). It was full of dread). He sees a face, a face he cannot describe. Just at that moment, the OM pendant on his neck breaks in half. That's when he bolts.

For the next few weeks, he kept getting occasional dreams calling his name.

I asked him many times to tell me what did she look like. He just kept saying "Believe me, I want to tell you. But there is simply no way I can describe it. I try, but I can't"

The same day in the evening, I asked a couple of old watchmen there if they saw any girl walking around last night. They asked me straight away "Are you talking about the girl in the red dress?". I said yes. They said just don't look at her and keep walking. She was the ghost of a girl murdered there in early nineties.
There is something like this in lnmu Darbhanga.
Even during my stay at my college a guy narrated us something similar to this

vayuu1

Country flag
According. To Hinduism, their are 7 chirenjeevi's(guys who live long lives,
Raja bali (the son of virochan and grandson of prahlad, who will be Indra in next manavantar,some people believe he visits mahabalipuram every year)
Hanuman (till the end of world he will stay in world, and spread name of Lord rama)
Parshurama (6th incarnation of Lord vishnu,son of sage jamdagni and renuka,who slayed kshatriyas,21 times, and killed sahstrarjuna and his sons,preceptor of Bhishma ,Drona and karna, he will also be preceptor of Lord kalki the 10 th and final avatar of Lord vishnu ), he is slated to be one of saptrashi in next manavantar , people believe that he visits renuka taal every night.
vibhishana Brother of ravana and kumbhkarana, he is slated to rule Rakshas for 1 kalpa(14 manavantar , sahdev met him during digvijay , also he presented paulatsya bow the bow of ravana to ghatotkacha, guru nanak Dev has claimed to met him during his visit to Lanka as mentioned In his janam saakhi.
Vedvyas, kripacharya and ashwatthama will be next saptarishis.
Markandeya the devotee of Lord shiva, the creator of mahamrityunjaya mantra, blessed by shiva himself with long life few guys have claimed to have seen him.
Apart from him sage lomash, king devapi and one ishavaku king are believed to be alive

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

vayuu1

Country flag
More than ghosts, I think a lot of guys will be Interested in meeting These chirenjeevi's, I have heard from lot of guy's that ved vyas lives in vyas gufa which is located in mana gaanv, heard those who have seen him have disappeared,also some of the guy's claim that when the kapat of badrinath and kedarnaath are closed, deva's, gana's, apsara's and gandharava's along with divine rishis visit these places and stay there , when the the kapat opening time is near they leave ,locals have heard chanting of mantra 's and music instruments being played in freezing cold weather and when the whole valley is covered with snow

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mayfair

From another web site:-
A night scarier than a nightmare
By: Toothless | Oct 11, 2012
"My father still maintains that it was no supernatural event but a very rare bird/bat which no one knows about."
This sounds uncannily like the Devil Bird or Ulama of Sri Lanka that is reported to emit bloodcurdling human-like shrieks in the night from within the jungles.

It was found that the spot-belied eagle owl or the forest owl best matches the description of this devil bird

And in darkness could be easily confused for a large bat.

If I were to hazard a guess, this is what you father probably saw and heard that night.

sasum

bhut10_1473928133.jpg

A real ghost caught on camera

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles