DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Satish Sharma

Country flag
I have read my old posts. I am strongly opposed to 150+km rockets even now. But I am not opposed to 150+km missiles. This is because of the definition of rockets which inherently imply low quality guidance or unguided projectile. If the rocket is given advanced guidance, it becomes a missile. Long range rockets are given to low IQ countries like Pakistan as a consolation and not suited for advanced countries like India.
So hypocrite. Dual faced person u are
Rant anything you want india has already began developing 300km pinaka.
And solar industries are given green light for even longer maheshwarastra 2..
The point is they will be precise. They already posses ring laser gyro ins + gps..
Same is the case with Pakistani long range mbrl's..
You're last 3 post has many flaws. I don't wanna waste my time here..
First You were opposing long range rockets.
'Above 300km not worth it they're still not accurate with guidance cost is just the same for above 400km' bla bla bla
I ended it with stating india is already developing 300km pinakas. & Even longer ones.
I had said it's worth it with guidance.. then you fought over what is missile and what is rocket. Bla bla bla..
Now don't waste my time.. I lost

Satish Sharma

Country flag
I have been saying this for a long time - Kaveri will be used in Rafales as Kaveri's thrust is 52/78kN stabilised which is close to 50/75kN of M88. Since Rafales have already been shown to accommodate F404, Kaveri is best suited for indigenised Rafales. India has already supplied BEL TRMs to Rafale radars. So, there is likely a long term indigenisation plan with rafales and it is not just a fancy import. Parrikar did not say for fun that India ahs Su30s and does not desperately need Rafales. He was imlplying that India will buy Rafales only if there is a bigger agenda than having some extra operational planes
There are many challenges to overcome. Weight. Kaveri is quite over weight it heavier than f404. M88 is quite light weight. Even lighter than f404...

Gyyyan

Country flag
I have been saying this for a long time - Kaveri will be used in Rafales as Kaveri's thrust is 52/78kN stabilised which is close to 50/75kN of M88. Since Rafales have already been shown to accommodate F404, Kaveri is best suited for indigenised Rafales. India has already supplied BEL TRMs to Rafale radars. So, there is likely a long term indigenisation plan with rafales and it is not just a fancy import. Parrikar did not say for fun that India ahs Su30s and does not desperately need Rafales. He was imlplying that India will buy Rafales only if there is a bigger agenda than having some extra operational planes
Kaveri has thrust of 50-73 which was downrated to 46-48 for dry variants IIRC.
Also kaveri is much heavier than m88
m88 is some odd 800kgs compared to 1000+kg and 1100 kg of 404 and kaveri
Weight Wise M88>404>Kaveri
M88 is also mature tech wise (MTO,Life cycle reliability etc) it has higher T/W which enables rafales to supercruise.
You are comparing something which is flying in 500+ numbers vs something that hasn't been test fired for 5000hrs

Samej Jangir

Country flag
There are many challenges to overcome. Weight. Kaveri is quite over weight it heavier than f404. M88 is quite light weight. Even lighter than f404...
That is ancient news which is 10 year ago. The latest Kaveri has seen many improvements. Highly unlikely to have weight issues anymore

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Wait if kaveri is that good and stable why not make a rafale jugaad in India? Why go for rafale at all . I don't think kaveri is equivalent to m88
What is the jugaad you want? India wants shortcut to getting a plane design as even with all tech, designing is still a big process. If India can get the design blueprints for Rafale like size of each part, actuator configuration, FBW and other aspects related to aerodynamics, stability, airframe etc, it will make it easy for India to just plug and play its tech. India is seeking design transfer of Rafales as none will give tech transfer anyways
Kaveri has thrust of 50-73 which was downrated to 46-48 for dry variants IIRC.
Also kaveri is much heavier than m88
m88 is some odd 800kgs compared to 1000+kg and 1100 kg of 404 and kaveri
Weight Wise M88>404>Kaveri
M88 is also mature tech wise (MTO,Life cycle reliability etc) it has higher T/W which enables rafales to supercruise.
You are comparing something which is flying in 500+ numbers vs something that hasn't been test fired for 5000hrs
Weight of Kaveri is likely to be similar to F404 with all the developments made. Excess weight of 200x2=400kg per plane is okay considering it also has 52/78kN.
Age of engine is irrelevant. If the engine is good enough, it is good enough. Otherwise, no one will be able to develop new engines at all saying it is too new to be used! There is a reason engines are tested & certified.

new salem

Country flag
What is the jugaad you want? India wants shortcut to getting a plane design as even with all tech, designing is still a big process. If India can get the design blueprints for Rafale like size of each part, actuator configuration, FBW and other aspects related to aerodynamics, stability, airframe etc, it will make it easy for India to just plug and play its tech. India is seeking design transfer of Rafales as none will give tech transfer anyways
How the fk is turkey making a fifth gen fighter then?

jai jaganath

Country flag
That’s why iam confused because Tata QRFV has an estimated cost of 1cr.and Kalyani m4 almost 5cr(ik it’s wayyy better) but still why the QRFV so less?
Screwdriver>>>>>>>designed and developed here
Jokes apart as u said m4 is better and has more utility than qrfv ig
I specifically don't have idea behind this decision

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

Can someone enhance the image and find the particular nos of each item procured
QRFV - TATA (MPV)-36 No.

Swarm Drones - Newspace - 02+02 sets

Mini RPAVs for HAA - Idea forge -1080 (I think)

QRFV - Bharat Forge M4 - 126

LGS Drone(Med Alt) - Can't make out name of the company - 248

Loitering munitions system - Alpha( can't make out the rest - 10

CRPAS - BEL - 07

Fuel cell based Genr - FC tech - 100

Drone Jammer - ... -500

IPMV - Drdo,Tata - 18

RPAVs - EEL - 750

ATV - Polaris India - 250

Nano drone - .... - 850

All terrain tech hauler - TVS sudaram - 300

Ballastics Helmets - SMPP - 15000