DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Mr.Evil007

You are relentless in propaganda without any logic or reason. You just keep barking nonstop. This is the last reply I am giving you:
1. 1974 model does not mean made in 1970s. It is just the design. Don't you wear similar design underwear, shirt & pants that existed in 1970s? Does it make your clothes outdated? Ak47 designed in 1950s are still widely used. What is your problem with 1974 model helmets? Do you want "vibranium" helmets? Indian soldiers even use patkas a lot because it is much more comfortable when wearing for long hours. Merely using new designs mindlessly is like dressing up like Uurfi Javed and calling yourself modern
2&7. Only you should believe yourself. No one with a sane mind believes such utter nonsense. Most of the INSAS problems were old. INSAS were inducted in 1997 and problems arising in 1999 is not that surprising as new rifles will always have some problems. Making it a big issue is just propaganda.
3. You think soldiers don't get deployed for night duty? Do you want them to use simple optics while enemy hunts them down with thermals? Thermals can be used on any rifles. There is no restrictions.
4&5&6. Do you think optics have no weight and don't cause obstruction when wading through obstacles, forest etc? Soldiers are not visually impaired that they need optics all the time. Optics are provided but not always used. As for Ak203, it is not yet inducted in good quantity and you already are whining about optics? Give some time as new equipments always have teething problem.
The entire thing has so much stuff wrong that I don’t even want to reply
1.Helmets are not for show you tell me what will a fiberglass helmet protects from sand?it will barely stand any sharpnels and again I can’t believe you are comparing helmets with clothes(HOW TF DID YOU BRING URFI JAVED INTO THIS?!?!)
2.yeah brother everything is propaganda I have pointed out all the problems with INSAS I will not repeat myself.
3. You think rifle optics are made to fight in night🤡brother then can you please lemme know the uses of NVG’s
4.Oh nooo Indian army soldiers’s view will get impaired while the entire world which is using optics for years are just stupid right?🤡
5.do you know what was the first batch delivery date for ak 203?it is delayed and I have already stated my views and points on need of optics will not repeat it again.

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Ye sab theek hai but govt needs to ensure these companies actually end up producing most of what they sell, minimal foreign dependencies.
Tomorrow Israel can refuse to sell us the engine for that drone that Adani makes because Uncle Sam told them to.
Everything happens in a phased manner. First we assemble, then each part is sequentially indigenised. This ensures that the human expertise is already built up quickly and one does not need excess time for resolving teething problems. This is why dedicated companies/people must be favoured and not some fraudulent ones which are just there to make quick buck with loudmouth and have no long term agendas.

As for Israel refusing to sell drones, it is possible. But the idea is that Adani company will have learnt significantly about assembling that they can be used for assembling Tapas or Archer drones in that case. When private industry is developed, it is with the intent of increase skillsets and defence capacity for longer term goals. It is indeed loss making but defence is about security & survival. One does not count the cost here

Chinmoy

Country flag
MQ 9 maybe super expensive but atleast they are useful . we need to keep eye on chinese buildup and its sensor package is supposed to be the best . most likely it can be linked up with american military satellite feed as well along with some fancy ai shit.

but yea generals do like to throw away crores on large pointless purchasees , robo mules and jet packs while soldiers look like african militia.

i mean what is even this :lehappy:

In what role IA is evaluating the robotic mules?

shade

Country flag
Everything happens in a phased manner. First we assemble, then each part is sequentially indigenised. This ensures that the human expertise is already built up quickly and one does not need excess time for resolving teething problems. This is why dedicated companies/people must be favoured and not some fraudulent ones which are just there to make quick buck with loudmouth and have no long term agendas.

As for Israel refusing to sell drones, it is possible. But the idea is that Adani company will have learnt significantly about assembling that they can be used for assembling Tapas or Archer drones in that case. When private industry is developed, it is with the intent of increase skillsets and defence capacity for longer term goals. It is indeed loss making but defence is about security & survival. One does not count the cost here
This is ok for your DRDO type places but not suitboot, suitboot interested in profit-maxxing so nothing will happen unless Govt uses carrot and stick.

Recently i heard the Germs were doing drama in selling us a certain tank engine used for Arjun tank, DRDO was making an Atmanirbhar engine for a future tank( but it's compatible with Arjun ) so govt told DRDO to speed up development of this engine.

We need to go full chinese, every since nut and bold in our defence stuff must be made in India, full supply chain in our control

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
WHAT ? ONV-1 Skosok NODs were still in service ? relics from early 90s ? Even the damn Russians don't use it anymore, retiring it some 10 years ago :facepalm:
ALH and Mi-17v5 crew use the Israeli Nogalight NL-93 3rd Gen NVG. I believe the ONV-1s were in use with the Mi-35 and older Mi-17s.
1714992419804.jpeg
IMG_6421.jpeg

But to be fair, initial batches of the Mi-17v5 came with the ONV-1s.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles