DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Blood+

Country flag
Even plate carrier needs R&D of new materials. Industry in India is mostly startups which rely on DRDO TOT rather than own capability. The industry is created just to bypass govt restrictions on firing, reservations, pensions etc and provide flexibility. But the industry is not mature to make anything on its own. If DRDO or govt asks the industry to make something, they will just import them, even if they are simple
I can not help but ask - DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND SIMPLE ENGLISH??!!

Blood+

Country flag
It's JohnJ's alternative id. It:s lapped up Ra Ra Rapidex , thus can frame sentences in grammatically correct English but doesn't understand the meaning of it , hence it's devoid of logic.
Well, that explains it.

mamamia12

According to resident expert here, share of indigenization of Brahmos couldn't exceed 51% as we'd be sharing our share of the profit with the Russian counterpart in the ratio of 51:49 which is exactly the ownership pattern of the JV, hence taking up the level of indigenization would only be to our loss as we'd still have to split the profits in the same ratio.

Yet somehow we've reached 76% & are striving for 100%.

I always knew the Russkies were shrewd businessmen. Look at how well they calculated how Ukraine would go.

Alhamdulillah!!
Ukraine-Russia war is like god given signal to India. Who knows without that, how much more Russian maal would we induct in future.

standard snowball

Country flag

According to resident expert here, share of indigenization of Brahmos couldn't exceed 51% as we'd be sharing our share of the profit with the Russian counterpart in the ratio of 51:49 which is exactly the ownership pattern of the JV, hence taking up the level of indigenization would only be to our loss as we'd still have to split the profits in the same ratio.

Yet somehow we've reached 76% & are striving for 100%.

I always knew the Russkies were shrewd businessmen. Look at how well they calculated how Ukraine would go.

Alhamdulillah!!
Just Buy the Russian Share in the Company already.
Russians are going to be bankrupt from the war, if we try we can get them to agree to this sale for quite cheap.
Not to mention other military technologies that we can buy from Russia (like the South Koreans or the Chinese did)

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Ukraine-Russia war is like god given signal to India. Who knows without that, how much more Russian maal would we induct in future.
kinda wrong, Russian maal came here as the last resort thing than actual desire to induct their stuff (even genruls used to comment 'kuchh nahi toh ruusi hi le aao'); do not forget our past geopolitical experiments in that ;non-aligned; times where we used to do lots of monkey-balancing between suppa powahs (sometimes out of necessity) and it pretty much irked the western powers that we weren't so willing to toe their lines so "no weapons for ya!"

before Paxtan ever got those Sabre jets from weimericans, we tried for it, and got rejected...we inducted Mystere, Ouragan, Gnat etc...in rising era of Supersonic Fighter Jets we tried for F-104 and got rejected again, we inducted Mig-21 and so on

only former European powers like Britain, France etc were good to us due to old colonial era relations but once the weimerican python swallowed them up geopolitically even they looked away and we were forced to rely on Soviets for most of our stuff

If we were ever so pro-russia to start with, we wouldn't have gone for whatever limited stuff west had to offer to us

Chinmoy

Country flag
@Chinmoy Here is the choronological order fetched from Tejas.gov.in archive. No where it's mentioned that asqr requirement of 90 kn was mentioned. The archive link of 2018 date. The one of 2015 date also doesn't state 90kn asqr figure. Can you give me source of what you state wrt 90kn as the original asqr figure laid by GTRE/ADA?

Ok.

Is it mentioned anywhere in the ASQR that a delta winged tailless design is required?

Or is it ADA who has proposed the design?

Chinmoy

Country flag
DRDOs advanced vest😂. What is so revolutionary about this vest? There are much better offerings from the likes of Armasen Tactical, SMPP and MKU with most of the modern requirements like a Quick-Release system, MOLLE both conventional and laser cut, etc.
Be assured of our media to screw up a good news into a joke.

BPJ.jpg

Now if its effective against 6nos of 54 caliber API round fired at it from 10 mtr distance, its really impressive. Now its upto production partners to design the final product.

Blood+

Country flag
Be assured of our media to screw up a good news into a joke.

View attachment 250005

Now if its effective against 6nos of 54 caliber API round fired at it from 10 mtr distance, its really impressive. Now its upto production partners to design the final product.
He was speaking about the plate carrier, not the plate itself, which is indeed quite impressive. It's basically a NIJ Level IV standard plate.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yeah, i never understood the argument either. I dont see why increasing indigenisation would be an issue.

Lets say bramhos costs 10 million, out of which 3 million is profit and 7 mill is cost

If we do 50% work and russians 50% work, we will pay them 5 mill (half cost, half profit)
If we do 90% work, and russians 10% we will pay them 2.2 mill (10%cost, half profit)

We still save on money going out.
If we use 100% indigenous content in BRAHMOS, why should we give 49.5% stake in the company to Russia?

AnantS

Country flag
Ok.

Is it mentioned anywhere in the ASQR that a delta winged tailless design is required?

Or is it ADA who has proposed the design?
Thats a Tangetial discussion. You posted chronological order claimed to be an excerpt of now defunct page from Tejas. Gov site - in which it was listed ASQR stated 90kn as requirement for Kaveri. I sourced the exact chorological from Tejas.gov archive and nowhere there was ever mention of 90KN ASQR for GTRE kaveri. So I have asked on what basis you came to conclusion that design intent of Kaveri was 90 kn from ab initio? Because this is a new assertion I have heard in all the years I have been following this program news in open.

Everywhere GTRE Kaveri Is mentioned that its designed for maximum thrust of 82 KN (thrust at which it never could achieve stability), and now they have accepted 75Kn as the thrust which works. Had 90kn been aim from start, why would you design Engine for 80sh kn thrust? That would non-sensical for GTRE or even any Engineer to make something which was never demanded.

Remember need for GE414 90 kn came later with need of LCA Mk2. Kaveri is counterpart to GE404. GE 404 top model has peak thrust of 85 KN(latest iteration). That was holy grail for Kaveri. Later came need for Mk2 and higher thrust hence 90Kn GE414(which is latest iteration), consequently Kaveri team was asked to achieve even higher figure of 90. Kaveri has slightly larger dia(by .8 inch) than GE414 and GE 404, but is shorter than both! You can make out Kaveri was never designed with 90 kn figure. I am not even sure with kind of metallurgical knowhow gap we have had - how could we have achieved 90kn with Kaveri without redesign. By 2008 itself they were talking about need to new programs(never realised) like Kaveri K9, K10 etc for achieving uprated figures. If Kaveri design was capable of achieving 90kn - they would not have felt the need for redesign...

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
If we use 100% indigenous content in BRAHMOS, why should we give 49.5% stake in the company to Russia?
Take it as licencing fee.

IMO, it will be anyway replaced in the medium term, and played an important part in developing our capabilities, so even the high licencing fee is worth paying.

Chinmoy

Country flag
He was speaking about the plate carrier, not the plate itself, which is indeed quite impressive. It's basically a NIJ Level IV standard plate.
That's why I imply.

Our media made it sound like DRDO has made the product. In truth, DRDO developed the tech and its upto SMPP, Armasen or any other industry partner, who would be developing the final product based on given requirement.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles