DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Arre yaar I am already black pilled, elites of the forces keep on benefitting and they will proudly add their rank in front of their name anywhere they go and reap the benefits of the good image forces have in eyes of public in many ways including economic as well, while the lowly jawan really doesn't get much benefit of it. One would think that atleast they should bring the modernisation even if it's not the most advanced within limited resources. But here we are, 4 apaches over basic modern infantry kit. Supercruise over iterative development process. Star wars tank over FMBT. The CIRCUS 🎪 goes on.

One must ask, what the hell are they thinking for the past few decades that led to the situation we are in now. I won't repeat which has been said so many times.

I would emphasize that we Indians like to blame government but on looking at a deeper level, forces are imo even more responsible. Modi ki sarkar aayi na, kya ukhaad liya, modernisation toh fir bhi atka hi rha, only videshi maal aa rha, Tejas by luck Bach gya Varna jaata dustbin m wo bhi, ATAGS ko bhi 300 gun, and then TGS ka chakkar.

Don't expect too much in defense and you'll atleast be much calmer than seeing all these boogaloos .

raju1982

Country flag
Arre yaar I am already black pilled, elites of the forces keep on benefitting and they will proudly add their rank in front of their name anywhere they go and reap the benefits of the good image forces have in eyes of public in many ways including economic as well, while the lowly jawan really doesn't get much benefit of it. One would think that atleast they should bring the modernisation even if it's not the most advanced within limited resources. But here we are, 4 apaches over basic modern infantry kit. Supercruise over iterative development process. Star wars tank over FMBT. The CIRCUS 🎪 goes on.

One must ask, what the hell are they thinking for the past few decades that led to the situation we are in now. I won't repeat which has been said so many times.

I would emphasize that we Indians like to blame government but on looking at a deeper level, forces are imo even more responsible. Modi ki sarkar aayi na, kya ukhaad liya, modernisation toh fir bhi atka hi rha, only videshi maal aa rha, Tejas by luck Bach gya Varna jaata dustbin m wo bhi, ATAGS ko bhi 300 gun, and then TGS ka chakkar.

Don't expect too much in defense and you'll atleast be much calmer than seeing all these boogaloos .
The same Generals who want star war weaponary are learning from Azerbaijan about drone war. Will anyone ever heard more bizzare than that!

Our forces wamt silver bulltes but dp not umderstand tech.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
so L&T sudarshan 240 air defence guns deal is getting signed?
7000 crores.
======
CCS clears Rs 13,000 crore IAF projects for high-power radars and CIWS

View attachment 241568

So we had given up on ak603 way back.
Anyways I was asking is this completely indigeneous made by l&t or 40mm gun is imported ?
We would have had this way back by the jv of tata-rheinmetal but that failed because of corruption scandals..

Ugra Bhairav

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The same Generals who want star war weaponary are learning from Azerbaijan about drone war. Will anyone ever heard more bizzare than that!

Our forces wamt silver bulltes but dp not umderstand tech.
How they will understand Tech ????

Navy have "Design Bureau" and are most indigenised force and are at forefront of developing their systems.

But sorry to say where is "Air Force Design Bureau" & "Army Design Bureau" ????

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
So we had given up on ak603 way back.
Anyways I was asking is this completely indigeneous made by l&t or 40mm gun is imported ?
We would have had this way back by the jv of tata-rheinmetal but that failed because of corruption scandals..
AK-630 was never on the table for this RFI. IAF wanted programmable rounds.

both TATA and L&T worked on upgrading existing bofors L/70 AD gun.

which rheinmetal gun are you referring to?

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

There was an offering from kalyani too

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
How they will understand Tech ????

Navy have "Design Bureau" and are most indigenised force and are at forefront of developing their systems.

But sorry to say where is "Air Force Design Bureau" & "Army Design Bureau" ????
you won't get the same leeway in technical threads, as you get in political threads. tread carefully.

fooLIam

This country is simply not governable like serious and sensible way I guess this country only deserves ccp way.
there are so many interest ,lobby’s(in negative way,which always harms nation and its people interest) that every single sensible policy,reforms like sensible country do faces tough resistance and when it comes to entrenched interest like babus, genrals,Dalal goi is not ready to even mention them.
fruits of randikana democracy. problem is that goi does not go with pitch fork after these generals Dalal but the way our “randhikhana dumbocracy“ works I understand why they don’t do it.

Last edited:

Satish Sharma

Country flag

I think tata- rheinmetal did jv to make this. But rheinmetal got blacklisted for corruption..
Screenshot_2024-02-22-22-27-45-43_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Sorry for calling it ak603
Anyways Regarding ak630 this is was the system I was talking which was said to be for army.
images (1) (3).jpeg
h
I was saying did they gave up on this?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I think tata- rheinmetal did jv to make this. But rheinmetal got blacklisted for corruption..
View attachment 241577
Sorry for calling it ak603
Anyways Regarding ak630 this is was the system I was talking which was said to be for army.
View attachment 241578h
I was saying did they gave up on this?
this is the RFI for self-propelled AD gun released last year, haven't tracked which companies responded for this RFI.

(a) The system should have matching mobility with mechanized elements in all terrains while operating as embedded AD in all their maneuvers and tactical operations.
(b) The weapon system should be a mix of both gun and missile mounted on a single/dual platform of either tracked/wheeled vehicle (HMV 6x6/HMV 8x8).
(c) The system should include a low RCS 3-D Acquisition cum Fire Control Radar, Electro Optical Fire Control System (EOFCS) and a Fire Control Computer (FCC).
(d) The Gun should be able to engage aerial targets both with the Fire Control Radar and through the EOFCS both during day and night. While the missile should be able to engage targets through the EOFCS both by day and night.
(e) The system should be able to carry out Acquisition and Tracking of the targets on the move and engage aerial targets effectively with gun on the move and with missile on short halts.
(f) The system should have the capability to engage fighter aircrafts, helicopters (including hovering helicopters), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles (UCAV) and Cruise Missiles.

NutCracker

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles