DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
IMG_20231007_020312_868.jpg
20230101_181806.jpg
Very high chance they are ours .
Kyuki sirji, till few months back I was obsessed with artillery shells and read about them with an interest I wish I could muster when reading for my academic studies.
That being said , I looked at photos closely, and to be honest there was a shell with 2023 date .
And perhaps we are the only ones in entire world who paint their high explosive shell as yellow ( British did it in WW2 , so did Americans, even grenades and mortars were painted yellow , but they stopped when they realised that these shells gave away their position to enemy even in little light so they started painting them sea green which is the norm today for all countries following stardard procedure )
FrWPumKaAAoJI1l.jpeg
- a paki mortar shell
20221225_220354.jpg
an indian m107 with it's ameriki counterpart the indian one is yellow and amriki is green
20221225_221057.jpg
indian and paki 130 mm HE shell
IMG_0688 (1).jpg

F6D4ZZbb0AAo8rE.jpeg

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Give me some time to find about the name mention on those shells.
Although.
Chinese paint their HE shells as mud brown
Russians paint their 82 mm mortar, and any other including 152 mm as grey .

Master Chief

Country flag
View attachment 234652View attachment 234654
Very high chance they are ours .
Kyuki sirji, till few months back I was obsessed with artillery shells and read about them with an interest I wish I could muster when reading for my academic studies.
That being said , I looked at photos closely, and to be honest there was a shell with 2023 date .
And perhaps we are the only ones in entire world who paint their high explosive shell as yellow ( British did it in WW2 , so did Americans, even grenades and mortars were painted yellow , but they stopped when they realised that these shells gave away their position to enemy even in little light so they started painting them sea green which is the norm today for all countries following stardard procedure )
View attachment 234647 - a paki mortar shell View attachment 234648 an indian m107 with it's ameriki counterpart the indian one is yellow and amriki is green View attachment 234649indian and paki 130 mm HE shell View attachment 234650

View attachment 234653
Yes.. I saw the 155 mm shell was of 2023 manufacture .. looks like made to order, and not from Indian Army stocks..

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
GCmsqpTXwAAPiQE.jpeg
GCizos0WkAAEoPI.png

I am just concerned about that red band in middle .
High explosive M1/A4 Trinitrotoulene Boat Tail rounds are these.
BB - base bleed.
BT- boat tail .
South Africans don't paint their HE shells as yellow.
We do , perhaps only we do
I would say almost 95% chance is they are indian shells
And just 5% chance that these are repainted south african shells.
Then again denel dosent make these kind of shells anymore , their design is changed.

Master Chief

Country flag
View attachment 234655View attachment 234656
I am just concerned about that red band in middle .
High explosive M1/A4 Trinitrotoulene Boat Tail rounds are these.
BB - base bleed.
BT- boat tail .
South Africans don't paint their HE shells as yellow.
We do , perhaps only we do
I would say almost 95% chance is they are indian shells
And just 5% chance that these are repainted south african shells.
Then again denel dosent make these kind of shells anymore , their design is changed.
This is getting brazen..
Ukrainian firm is directly sourcing it from Mumbai India..

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
This is getting brazen..
Ukrainian firm is directly sourcing it from Mumbai India..

(The FOB (Free On Board) price is the price of goods at the frontier of the exporting country or price of a service provided to a non-resident. It includes the values of the goods or services at the basic price, the transport and distribution services up to the frontier, the taxes minus the subsidies)
That firm is using Munition india limited specifications sheet .
And providing shipping charges based on the above rate .
And solar industries was asked ( happy new year) by usa to supply arty shells
Along with 9 other companies.
The Ukrainian firm one is a fraud shit.

karn

Country flag
Gais ..it's 99% ours .. forget the yellow colour .. notice the spurs sticking out of the sides of the shell it's to engage the rifling in the barrel ,ERFb rounds are slim and hence have better area rule. Heck go look at the difference in form factor of ERFB and M777ammo both manufactured by mil .. Hardly anyone else uses yellow painted ERFB ammo except mil/ofb

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
P
Gais ..it's 99% ours .. forget the yellow colour .. notice the spurs sticking out of the sides of the shell it's to engage the rifling in the barrel ,ERFb rounds are slim and hence have better area rule. Heck go look at the difference in form factor of ERFB and M777ammo both manufactured by mil .. Hardly anyone else uses yellow painted ERFB ammo except mil/ofb
Any specific m777 ammo manufactured by MIL ?
Please put photo ,please.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
We paint all of our high explosive ammo in yellow.
Unchanged since second world war.
images - 2024-01-01T002740.185.jpeg

Look at shell color , imported hai ye wala so different color
View attachment 234671

The shell is M77B Bofors shell, made by ofb and specifically for Bofors and dhanush guns.
We got it from Sweden .( The green ones are similar shells in the pic of Bofors from kargil war.)

GCqSirdaEAADgN3.jpg

blackleaf

Country flag
Why is the warhead on the Barak-8 60 kg in the first place if its seeker is precise enough for hit-to-kill?

A 60 kg warhead is what Russian or Chinese missiles have. Barak-8 with its Israeli guidance should be up to Western standards.
20220113_192614.jpg

So the warhead is only 23kg. Much more inline with other missiles. For example the Aster has a 15kg warhead and ESSM has a 39kg warhead.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
🥰🥰

Good reviews from UAF Members About Indian Charges & Ammunition, Indian 155mm Boat tail Rounds & Modular charges were exported to Ukraine from India.

Review is for charges, but only one isolated comment.

Now that some ammunition has intentionally/unintentionally reached Ukraine, we better use this opportunity to take some feedback and improve our ammunition.

At least barrels are not bursting which is a good news. IMO our supplied shells are much longer ranged than supplied by other countries.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles