DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

karn

Country flag
Not 2 years but maybe 7-9 months to a year Max we saw last one about 11 months later right?
Probably who knows .
I doubt that it's the full scale version .. godrej hasn't given any press release for kaveri engine delivery.
One one side I would like it If this thing debuted after it fried some pork but the war nerd In me wants some close up shots lol.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Probably who knows .
I doubt that it's the full scale version .. godrej hasn't given any press release for kaveri engine delivery.
One one side I would like it If this thing debuted after it fried some pork but the war nerd In me wants some close up shots lol.
No chance it's ghatak godrej themselves said engine will be delivered by 2025 probably more testing of Swift that's it.

SavageKing456

Country flag
Probably who knows .
For prototype testing they could've given tho
And last time I remember ghatak's airframe was ready only engine was remaining,who knows but yeah chances of it being swift is higher than ghatak

NutCracker

Country flag
For prototype testing they could've given tho
And last time I remember ghatak's airframe was ready only engine was remaining,who knows but yeah chances of it being swift is higher than ghatak
Yes, it can be Swift .

This time without vertical stabilizers.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Don't know if this was posted before but here it is------ Second List Systems and Subsystems for Industry to Design, Development and Manufacture
This is from this link------ https://www.drdo.gov.in/systems-and-subsystems-industry-design-development-and-manufacture
Here are the screenshots
Screenshot_2023-12-11-18-45-54-197_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
Screenshot_2023-12-11-18-48-09-974_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
Screenshot_2023-12-11-18-48-13-597_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Tank based artillery gun caught my attention.
So, will drdo after mgs programme not develop a fully automated turret for tracked vehicles? Although that should be the logical next step for complete atmanirbhartaa.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
So, guys I just noticed something
Mon, 11 Dec 2023 19_00_21.jpg
Mon, 11 Dec 2023 19_00_39.jpg

Both stabilisation platforms are exactly the same. Apparently such things have to be screwdrivergiri as well. Why design our own stuff when we can 🪛. And here I thought Kalyani was any different. Its just a mix of mandus+elbit+Gcn gun factory bought and mashed up screwdrivergiri. And when they try to make somethin of their own, it looks fu*kin atrocious and highly screwed design.

Man, these big Indian companies are really look brain-dead sometimes. Just salivating after money while not really interested in any kind of design and development effort.

Tell me if any decent private designed major product came out of these companies other than Mahindra UAE branch which made armado ALSV. Hopefully they will learn something from their UAE branch.

I hate GOI trying to give contracts to these companies rather than the ones who really put their money on the line and design and develop systems.
DRDO should seriously considering giving ToT to only deserving firms.
Only if we reward those simple to honest R&D doing companies and not try to woo companies who are hell bent on assembling MRFA while at the same time getting sh*t scared of AMCA/TEDBF/Tejasmk2 assembly proposals.

I am telling you, hope C295 to TASL doesn't comes out in another list of failed opportunities.

Woo Indian companies to defense field they said, it will really bring true indigenous products they said.

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
They will test at some place else
yeah..we should hv 2-3 missile testing facility. one chinese spy ship halted our missile testing schedule for months.
now INS anvesh floating test range ships (FTR) is help us for this problem....it is 11000 ton displacement ship nd 4 missile silos. dont know their exact size, but it mentioned it can lanuch 1500 km range missile. so may be their silos height is approx 8-10 meter. need to build a bigger FTR with bigger size missile silos...that can carry 30-40 meter ballistic missile also.

images (5).jpeg

Last edited:

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

Is this SSS defence sabre sniper rifle ?
The barrel indeed looks like sss saber but I don't think it's sss and especially the butt definitely not sss style and Don't think they have started selling there guns to public yet.

Fatalis

Country flag
yeah..we should hv 2-3 missile testing facility. one chinese spy ship halted our missile testing schedule for months.
now INS anvesh floating test range ships (FTR) is help us for this problem....it is 11000 ton displacement ship nd 4 missile silos. dont know their exact size, but it mentioned it can lanuch 1500 km range missile. so may be their silos height is approx 8-10 meter. need to build a bigger FTR with bigger size missile silos...that can carry 30-40 meter ballistic missile also.

View attachment 232283
INS Anvesh doesn't launch ballistic missiles from the SLS, instead it launches the interceptors missiles (AAD, PDV, AD-1 and AD-2).

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
INS Anvesh doesn't launch ballistic missiles from the SLS, instead it launches the interceptors missiles (AAD, PDV, AD-1 and AD-2).
yeah i mention there...it hv 8 meter approx missile silos. ballistic missile needed 10-40 meter silos. thats why we need bigger size FTR ships. may be near 25000 ton displacement.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
This data is from the horse's mouth,ie from the actual user manual of VT-4 for Thai Army.

Pakistan is currently license producing this MBT at Taxila as Al Haidar. It's their latest and Pakis say it's evern better than their T-80.

IMG-20231211-WA0053.jpg

Here is the data on armour protection of the VT-4.

IMG-20231211-WA0054~2.jpg

Max LOS thickness of hull armour = 670 mm RHA

Max LOS thickness of turret armour = 634 mm RHA

Against HEAT, the base armour offers 750 mm protection and the corresponding figure for FSAPDS is 550 mm.

According to the manual, the ERA FY- II offers an additional >750 mm RHA against FSAPDS which is just impossible since this era module is only 35 mm thick.

images - 2023-12-11T225033.206.jpeg

Our indigenous 125 mm mk1 has a DOP of 500 mm RHA.

A 120 mm FSAPDS mk2 with a DOP of 550 mm was in user trials as of 2017. Don't know it's status now.

download (9).jpeg

So, we any KE penetrator with 550 mm+(max 150 mm for ERA) dop figures can punch through the frontal turret armour of VT-4.

Both our Arjun and T-90S have much higher RHA figures for both the upper glacis and turret based armour. ERA figures are extra.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles