DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yeah, I saw that, circa 50 cm at a distance of 2000 meters at 0 degree angle. But how are they supposed to provide protection level of 600mm RHA equivalent and simultaneously keep the weight below 25 tons as well??!!
That's where our intelligence or should we say stupidity comes into play.

IA has issued an RFI. They are just releasing a blanket requirement based on which a model would be made. After that PSQR/GSQR would be released based on user test and trials. So basically IA could ask for 1000mm equivalent of RHAe. It depends on the designer to seat together and deliver a product and show the pros and cons.

600 mm equivalence is not the final word. They have given the bare minimum requirement. Its on the designers to show them whether its practical or not to accommodate that with all other requirements they are looking for.

Blood+

Country flag
That's where our intelligence or should we say stupidity comes into play.

IA has issued an RFI. They are just releasing a blanket requirement based on which a model would be made. After that PSQR/GSQR would be released based on user test and trials. So basically IA could ask for 1000mm equivalent of RHAe. It depends on the designer to seat together and deliver a product and show the pros and cons.

600 mm equivalence is not the final word. They have given the bare minimum requirement. Its on the designers to show them whether its practical or not to accommodate that with all other requirements they are looking for.
If a high ranking armored corps officer needs to be spoon-fed on such a fundamental and trivial thing about armor, then The Emperor help us. Anyone who even thinks of suggesting such a requirement should get their head checked.

Chinmoy

Country flag
If a high ranking armored corps officer needs to be spoon-fed on such a fundamental and trivial thing about armor, then The Emperor help us.
Again we are showing our intelligence here, or rather you are showing it.

RFI release means its not a limited requirement. Others too are welcome to join it. What if someone else provides you with 600 mm RHAe equivalent protection?

Blood+

Country flag
Again we are showing our intelligence here, or rather you are showing it.

RFI release means its not a limited requirement. Others too are welcome to join it. What if someone else provides you with 600 mm RHAe equivalent protection?
Dude, just fucking drop it! Adamantium does not exist in this plane of reality, for your kind information. 600mm with 25 tons, halwa hai kya??

Chinmoy

Country flag
Dude, just fucking drop it! Adamantium does not exist in this plane of reality, for your kind information. 600mm with 25 tons, halwa hai kya??
Thats why I said that we are showing our stupidity here.

Tank armour.jpg

380 mm RHAe too provide equivalent of 600 mm RHAe protection. The RFI doesn't say that the whole tank need to have 600 mm RHAe protection.

Blood+

Country flag
Ofcourse. So you have to design something which gives you a fighting chance at worst possible scenario.
No, what I was that there won't be any significant difference in terms of penetration between the ranges of 2000 meters and 500 meters. And yes, absolutely, you must prepare for the worst case scenario, but getting 600mm under 25 tons, even for the frontal hemisphere, is beyond impossible with where we stand in terms of material sciences. Even if you use specialized metal foams in the armor, it wouldn't be possible.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
I’d like this to be true just to watch the epic meltdowns from the West and particularly the Ukrainian flag waving leftists.

I do wonder how Russia could meet the requirements for this given the issues with meeting their own demands plus this would be another 5+ year drain on CAPEX for IAF
Not happening lmao. And we shouldnt sacrifice our industry just to give the finger to people you dont like.

abingdonboy

Country flag
How does US fly missions over India, without GOI permission ? And how does TEJA BHAI know all this?
US did conduct pre and post analysis of the event, as it has the capability to analyze every major event in Earth's orbit.. This is common knowledge and analysis of debris field, velocity of projectile etc. was published by western experts at the time and is common knowledge..
‘Over’ is not particularly accurate. Their ISR assets don’t have to be in Indian airspace to monitor such things similarly they have plenty of sea and land based assets in the area. Afaik USAF Joint rivets are routinely flying in BoB during certain Indian missile tests

it’s not illegal or even unfriendly, but it does show the institutional bias against india no matter what BS their leadership will speak of about partnership. Those that cannot shut up about procuring cutting edge tech from the US and inviting all the end user agreements contained within should keep this in mind. As a non-treaty ally, and not a member of 5 eyes, india will be snooped on to the nth degree and it won’t take much for these secrets to fall into CCP hands

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Your last comment actually made me believe it.
Really?? Why, though?? What is it that I said that you found so ludicrous, if I may ask??
Why does everyone fight so much smh :/

Anyway, heres the thing - first of all, pen values depend on what type of RHA you are using, and the difference is quite noticeable. 540 at 2000 wont go beyond 650 at 500m, even if we take the pen value to be reliable and not bumped up for export. The thing to keep in mind is that this is passive protection, i.e. without ERA. With ERA, it should easily prevent perforation of the armour, up to rounds capable of around ~800-900 RHA pen, like chinese MBT rounds.

Secondly, its a pretty weird statement to say that "himalayas" will make the fights close distance. If anything, they will increase the range of engagement, especially in areas like Ladakh where the lack of vegetation & construction and the relatively cold environment will make tanks easily visible thermally.

Lastly, RFI is not the end of the deal. RFI is a dream list that is released for designers to try and meet. RFP is based on what is actually possible after seeing the designs.

Blood+

Country flag
Why does everyone fight so much smh :/

Anyway, heres the thing - first of all, pen values depend on what type of RHA you are using, and the difference is quite noticeable. 540 at 2000 wont go beyond 650 at 500m, even if we take the pen value to be reliable and not bumped up for export. The thing to keep in mind is that this is passive protection, i.e. without ERA. With ERA, it should easily prevent perforation of the armour, up to rounds capable of around ~800-900 RHA pen, like chinese MBT rounds.

Secondly, its a pretty weird statement to say that "himalayas" will make the fights close distance. If anything, they will increase the range of engagement, especially in areas like Ladakh where the lack of vegetation & construction and the relatively cold environment will make tanks easily visible thermally.

Lastly, RFI is not the end of the deal. RFI is a dream list that is released for designers to try and meet. RFP is based on what is actually possible after seeing the designs.
Sorry, but where did you see me fighting??!! I was merely asking a genuine question.

540 at 2000 wont go beyond 650 at 500m
You are way overestimating the difference, mate!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles