DRDO Multical Rifle Unveiled

ghost

i will stick to INSAS :)[/QUOTE]

Insas is your first love so nothing but natural.

ghost

One more question would MCIWS be a family of arms lmg,carbine,assault rifle,sharpshotter and sniper?

2 In one of the report in media it was stated that indian army has purchased LMG from america as per direct government to government contract plus their is a carbine tender already under progress plus the AR tender.So when we have already bulgarian ak and insas and if mciws is to be inducted then why this khichdi?

As per the claim that mcar are only for RR then they already have ak plus why was the option of 6.8 added to it a 7.62 and 5.56 would have been more then enough.(as per reports all the companies competing have made new models just for this tender) and how much feasible would it be to place a manufacturing unit just for 1 lakh new rifles?

Regarding the rifle being for path finders a figure of 160000 does not sum up.
Instead of it why not ask Israelis to provide for conversion to 7.62 on tavor on our request and then mass produce it here as georgia is doing.

Renegade

Upload in ImageShack (it is free) and then hotlink it.

Also, it might be that you are new, so you might have restrictions. Can you post the link, or send me a PM with the link? I will embed them in your post.

I did the image shack thing... its a 30 day trial so i hope i get upload permissions on this forum by then.... I work as an art director in the movie industry and am from a army family... I just quickly came up with something by modifying the current MCIWS...

http://imageshack.com/a/img844/6924/0j73.jpg

ghost

I did the image shack thing... its a 30 day trial so i hope i get upload permissions on this forum by then.... I work as an art director in the movie industry and am from a army family... I just quickly came up with something by modifying the current MCIWS...

http://imageshack.com/a/img844/6924/0j73.jpg
Bro loved ur work or should i say idea :thumb:wish ARDE guys had done something like it please if possible do some modification in traditional mode and try to change foregrip and stock .

Now regarding photos you have to make minimum 15 or 20 post before you get the permission to post photos so just make some random post like a,b,c,d...and then start posting more of ur work:thumb:eek:nce again loved ur approach to mciws.

and for uploading photos register in imgur it's free .

Last edited:

ghost

Dont go by style go by what will make us win war. It will depend on use in our conditions, cost, simplicity and other things.
Dont go by style go by what will make us win war. It will depend on use in our conditions, cost, simplicity and other things.
Though i agree with what you have said i have a different approach towards it.
I look at assault rifle not only as mean to kill but an art form and beauty in regard to which arde always suck in fit and finish and design.
I not only want a rifle which is good ,simple, but which is "AWESOME" see how AK represent russia Tavor israel and ar15 america all over the world i want us to create a rifle which creates such an iconic status that india is known coz of it not the vice versa.See the case of taj mahal how it represent india in world i want same"wow" factor in our assault rifle and what we get in return an awkward abnormal design with poor fit and finish.See how ak ,tavor and ar 15 represent their country even though each of the country produces much more awesome weapons.

I want an assault rifle to which all the world line up to just get a hold of it which not only meet the need of our army but be such a product that more than half the world go for it specially african countries in return this would help built relationship and fill our lockers with money.

See the difference between you and me is that you want a "kaam chalau " ar where as i want a " product " which is so much awesome that it becomes iconic for indian defence industry i want a product which set new standard in AR and not seem catching upto others.

regarding simplicity and functionality SHOW ME where it is stated that it has to be ugly to be simple and functional it does no harm if the product looks good i am quite sure when you go for a car or mobile phone and you have money then you do look for the value for money and fit and finish .And i am quite sure Beretta arx is much more simple regarding ambidextrous and quick barrel change and probably reliability than MCIWS.

To tell you the truth i am very much sad coz probably it is the last assault rifle of india as in future i think we will move to energy based weapon hence i had expected so much from it but sadly don't seem like it.See how small and poor country like taiwan ,singapore and mexico can produce rifles which are much better looking and futuristic and good functioning.

In the end i would like to say i do not want another tavor,ak12 or ar 15 but i want an original indian rifle which is as iconic in the world representing india as these are for their respective countries.

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I look at assault rifle not only as mean to kill but an art form and beauty in regard to which arde always suck in fit and finish and design.
I not only want a rifle which is good ,simple, but which is "AWESOME" see how AK represent russia Tavor israel and ar15 america all over the world i want us to create a rifle which creates such an iconic status that india is known coz of it not the vice versa.See the case of taj mahal how it represent india in world i want same"wow" factor in our assault rifle and what we get in return an awkward abnormal design with poor fit and finish.See how ak ,tavor and ar 15 represent their country even though each of the country produces much more awesome weapons.

I want an assault rifle to which all the world line up to just get a hold of it which not only meet the need of our army but be such a product that more than half the world go for it specially african countries in return this would help built relationship and fill our lockers with money.

See the difference between you and me is that you want a "kaam chalau " ar where as i want a " product " which is so much awesome that it becomes iconic for indian defence industry i want a product which set new standard in AR and not seem catching upto others.

regarding simplicity and functionality SHOW ME where it is stated that it has to be ugly to be simple and functional it does no harm if the product looks good i am quite sure when you go for a car or mobile phone and you have money then you do look for the value for money and fit and finish .And i am quite sure Beretta arx is much more simple regarding ambidextrous and quick barrel change and probably reliability than MCIWS.

To tell you the truth i am very much sad coz probably it is the last assault rifle of india as in future i think we will move to energy based weapon hence i had expected so much from it but sadly don't seem like it.See how small and poor country like taiwan ,singapore and mexico can produce rifles which are much better looking and futuristic and good functioning.

In the end i would like to say i do not want another tavor,ak12 or ar 15 but i want an original indian rifle which is as iconic in the world representing india as these are for their respective countries.
In WW2 Germans had tanks which were much superior and in your words AWESOME, but Russians had tank, which is made by their women labour force and were old design, they made almost 10 times the number made by Germans, end result. Russians reached Berlin.

So, it has to cheap enough, easy enough to be strip, clean and put back by soldier, practical enough and just like AK 47 dont require much cleaning at the time of war and last but not the least dont jam under any conditions.

practicality first and then any style that too if it is economical.

ghost

In WW2 Germans had tanks which were much superior and in your words AWESOME, but Russians had tank, which is made by their women labour force and were old design, they made almost 10 times the number made by Germans, end result. Russians reached Berlin.

So, it has to cheap enough, easy enough to be strip, clean and put back by soldier, practical enough and just like AK 47 dont require much cleaning at the time of war and last but not the least dont jam under any conditions.

So much for simplicity

Note one is a professional soldier with daily drill where as one is 11year old girl and other is doing for the very first time

Prove how arx is not simple to maintain ?

Now for ww2 this is a prevalent misconception if you go in details you would find that most of the most advance weapon of germans came at the end of the war too little too late have they come earlier it would have changed the war v2 rocket,stg44 rifle etc plus the main cause of loss of germany was it had to go against combine power of Europe and Russia have it been Russia alone it would have been annihilated.

German Tiger tank was the most awesome tank but due to air and technological supremacy of Europe most of the German factories and oil depo were destroyed hence no petrol and factories to build more tank.It was the "technological" superiority of the allies radar which caused their air supremacy over Germany.

And today it is nothing like the old times WAR scenario has changed technology rules over number .Try to go against small country like Israeli with 2000 of ur t72 tank u will know .

Last edited by a moderator:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Personal preferences.

Can't be compared unless you fire a few hundred rounds and lug it around all the time.

Use it to abuse it.

Own one, use it, observe wear and tear, report.

Essentially, all the above points.

Want to hear my assessment of ARX-160 ? it's a crap rifle. I haven't used it but I can take a look at internet pictures and tell you right away.

I reserve utmost contempt for those who compare platforms without specific data points and as a matter of personal principle, I never indulge in them. Sue me.

All valid answers that equally apply to the manufacturer...

le ke dekho ...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Hahaha... I like your ideas...

Why do not you simply say you want Madhuri not a rifle... (may be someone very young depending on your age.. may be Leon)...

Reminds me how those air force guys address the Raphael as Catrina...

So what you are basically saying that you want that Gandiv which pierced the eye of the fish and won Draupadi rather the one which slayed Karna and won Mahabharat....

Good Good... Soldiers are supposed to be lady killers ... Ha Ha Ha...

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

You mean to say these will be made by our woman force ??

Kitna deti hai ?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Members please understand that Moderators and other admin staff work here without any consideration on their free time. So dont post useless info that will only take time and energy of the Mods and admin staff, which they could have use it some place else.

Austinjimson

This bullpup version of MCIWS is much better than chinese QBZ-95 or 97 coz it can fire 5.56mm NATO,desi 6.8mm and 7.62mm of ak.It has better sightings than QBZ.I would like to have an airsoft version of both bullpup and the standard MCIWS.Hey guys do you know of ARDE would sell airsoft version of this gun.I just love both these guns.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
This bullpup version of MCIWS is much better than chinese QBZ-95 or 97 coz it can fire 5.56mm NATO,desi 6.8mm and 7.62mm of ak.It has better sightings than QBZ.I would like to have an airsoft version of both bullpup and the standard MCIWS.Hey guys do you know of ARDE would sell airsoft version of this gun.I just love both these guns.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk
No bullpup version of MCIWS as of now, just photoshop by member.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles