Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@bhramos

I presume what you posted is the one that has been reported in the Indian media today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cadian

No need to convince me. We are fighting not for the West, and against
Russia's aggression. Yesterday, was shot down An-26 at the altitude of 6,500 meters. The missile, was released from the territory of Russia. This is a war between Ukraine and Russia, and fools are trying to say that it's a civil war. If we let capture the Donbass, rashistkaya plague, following the same pattern, will spread further.
Even if you call it "Russian-Ukrainian war" it would still be a civil war. We used to say that Boris Yeltsin was drunk and incompetent, but still he had a major achievement - civilized divorce of core ex-Soviet republics without a civil war. But now Ukrainian society has matured enough for it, right?

How wise you are to make a war with Russia your national idea and your only raison d'etre. After the gas supplies were cut and industry died I guess russophobia became the main export article of Ukraine which is well-paid by US.

Inustry? - F--- it.
Science? - F--- it.
Trading? - F--- it.
Energy? - F--- it.
War with Russia? - Oh yeah!!!

So ugly and stupid thing is the ukrainizm.

happy

No need to convince me. We are fighting not for the West, and against
Russia's aggression. Yesterday, was shot down An-26 at the altitude of 6,500 meters. The missile, was released from the territory of Russia. This is a war between Ukraine and Russia, and fools are trying to say that it's a civil war. If we let capture the Donbass, rashistkaya plague, following the same pattern, will spread further.
I don't want to convince you of anything......I just hope that you guys don't believe your 'west-backed' leaders so blindly.

And Oh, Yeah.......by fighting against your mother land, you are indeed fighting for the West. I don't understand how you guys can't let your brains register such a simple fact.

Last edited:

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Even if you call it "Russian-Ukrainian war" it would still be a civil war. We used to say that Boris Yeltsin was drunk and incompetent, but still he had a major achievement - civilized divorce of core ex-Soviet republics without a civil war. But now Ukrainian society has matured enough for it, right?

How wise you are to make a war with Russia your national idea and your only raison d'etre. After the gas supplies were cut and industry died I guess russophobia became the main export article of Ukraine which is well-paid by US.

Inustry? - F--- it.
Science? - F--- it.
Trading? - F--- it.
Energy? - F--- it.
War with Russia? - Oh yeah!!!

So ugly and stupid thing is the ukrainizm.
Was the referendum of December 1, 91, at which citizens of the UkrSSR voted 90% FOR independence. Luhansk and Donetsk >85%. Enough to tell modern Putler fables! I don't want to debate. with enemies. I give information and support or refute the event.

Last edited:

Meriv90

Was the referendum of December 1, 91, at which citizens of the UkrSSR voted 90% FOR independence. Luhansk and Donetsk >85%. Enough to tell modern Putler fables! I don't want to debate. with enemies. I give information and support or refute the event.
Correct, and for this reason i dont support separatist cause, but i want to ask you something Akim, since you are using democracy standars that is the right course of mind, which was your position on the Maidan plaza? how do you explain with the same democratic reasons the fall of the goverment like what happened?

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Akim, since you are using democracy standars that is the right course of mind, which was your position on the Maidan plaza? how do you explain with the same democratic reasons the fall of the goverment like what happened?
Look PM............

Cadian

Yeah, so COOL to feel this unity! Feel like a true patriot! Indescribable feeling of national revival!

Who cares that such a unity in hatred to Russia will lead to self-destruction? Who is pointing that you are digging a grave to your country is a provocateur and an enemy.

Give us some millions of your ex-citizens and build a 10-meters wall to protect us from your further madness.

And yup, 96% in Crimea voted for reunification with Russia. Respect it.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
And yup, 96% in Crimea voted for reunification with Russia. Respect it.
I'm not going to get involved in disputes.
. Russia is an enemy and waging a war on all fronts and information too. Indeed, more than 80 percent voted FOR pseudodiferential in the Crimea. But it was. just 30-45% of all Crimean voters. The rest is ignored. Wants the Kremlin to bring troops - please.
Now the troupes will officially go to Russia and there will not be burying secretly.

Cadian

I'm not going to get involved in disputes.
. Russia is an enemy and waging a war on all fronts and information too. Indeed, more than 80 percent voted FOR pseudodiferential in the Crimea. But it was. just 30-45% of all Crimean voters. The rest is ignored. Wants the Kremlin to bring troops - please.
Now the troupes will officially go to Russia and there will not be burying secretly.

A huge article about battle for Donetsk airport on May 26.
Эль Мюрид - Донецк. 26 мая. Аэропорт. Отчет участника

I can't translate all of it but anyone who is interested can try to do it with Google. Just a few statements that were confirmed during last month:
- The rebels that assaulted airport were ensured by their command ("Vostok" battalion) that there won't be a real fight and Ukrainian troops there have agreed to surrender. No AA defense was taken care of by this reason too.
- Trucks with wounded were destroyed by friendly fire from rebels, who were ordered by "Vostok" command to shoot any Ukrainian vehicles that would try to escape from the airport.
- Photo-sessions in a city morgue with corpses of dead volunteers and later with coffins were organized by "Vostok" to demotivate other potential volunteers from Russia. Foreign and Ukrainian reporters were present in large quantities.

Samar Rathi

Country flag
Update.

The government offensive encircling Lugansk is continuing. However the attack directly on the city was fought off, and the government troops took significant casualties. Also near the village of Roskoshnoe (Роскошное) a government supply column was destroyed, taking out a truck with shells, and a BTR-80.

The last link is the location of the destroyed column.

Вахтенный журнал стареющего пирата - Луганск...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Rozkishne,+Luhans%27ka+oblast,+Ukraine/@48.4708489,39.2615497,11z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x411fd0ca22cab4f7:0xa5d35059cd313 6d0

A T-64BM Bulat was also destroyed near Lugansk, it's not clear whether it's related to the destruction of the column or if it was part of the attack on the city itself.

Вахтенный журнал стареющего пирата - Из-под Луганска пишутЪ

Also a government An-26 was shot down near Lugansk, probably delivering supplies to the Lugansk airport. Despite reports from both sides claiming they have full control of the airport it appears that the airport is still held by government troops, and still besieged by the rebels. It's likely the transport was trying to resupply them.

Government sources claim the plane was shot down at an altitude of 6500m, making MANPADS unlikely. They claim it was shot down by Russia. However given that the rebels have captured Buk SAMs, it's possible that they were being used. It's also possible the info is wrong.

Новости NEWSru.com :: Украинские сепаратисты заявили о двух сбитых самолетах ВВС, Киев подтверждает, что был сбит Ан-26 - "вероятно, с территории

АТО: Потеряна связь с самолетом АН-26 ВС Украины, выполнявшим задачи в рамках АТО - Альфа, боевик, самолет, СБУ, сепаратизм, терроризм, Украи

Денис Мокрушин - Сбит еще один самолет

Meanwhile a Ukrainian company has come up with plans to use GAZ-66 and GAZ-53 chassis to produce armored cars for government troops. There are considerable questions about whether this is at all practical, given the age and condition of the vehicles.

bmpd - Броневики из старых ГАЗ-66

Samar Rathi

Country flag
Interesting read, an interview with one of the rebels. He;s claiming the attack on the truck full of wounded fleeing the airport was friendly fire.

"On television they said something like that the militias were transporting unarmed wounded under the sign of the red cross and Ukrainian forces fired on them. At that point, I still didn't know we'd been attacked by our own forces. I was sure it was the National Guard. Sometime in the morning of the 27th, two guys from the cover group that remained at the airport woke me up. They told me that it was friendly fire."

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/07/i-was-a-pro-russian-separatist-fighter-in-ukraine/374411/?google_editors_picks=true

Ukrainian propaganda ?

It doesn't make sense:scared2:

Last edited:

Cadian

Interesting read, an interview with one of the rebels. He;s claiming the attack on the truck full of wounded fleeing the airport was friendly fire.

"On television they said something like that the militias were transporting unarmed wounded under the sign of the red cross and Ukrainian forces fired on them. At that point, I still didn't know we'd been attacked by our own forces. I was sure it was the National Guard. Sometime in the morning of the 27th, two guys from the cover group that remained at the airport woke me up. They told me that it was friendly fire."

I Was a Separatist Fighter in Ukraine - Mumin Shakirov - The Atlantic

Ukrainian propaganda ?

It doesn't make sense:scared2:
Look my previous message. It was a friendly fire and it is confirmed by multiple sources.

Actually, until Strelkov arrived from Slavyansk, Donetsk was controlled by Ahmetov's men and SBU agents. The city was not preparing for a siege, there were still a lot of military and police units loyal to Kiev, Donetsk mayor freely travelled to Kiev for consultations. And also, THERE WAS NO WAR. It was only in Slavynsk and Lughansk areas.

Some people suggest, that "Donetsk People Republic" from the very beginning was Ahmetov's project to reinforce his positions in negotiations with Kiev and protect his property and assets from other oligarchs' clans. Until people started to think that it's for real.

He definitely didn't want a real war on his territory, that's why his men have organized a massacre in the airport to get rid of most passionate activists and Russian volunteers.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Any details - how it was done?
Bulat is vell prtoected agisnt exist on separatis side AT weapons...
Armed militants BM Bulat not. It's a lie, that all the ml. equipment that they use, selected from the Ukrainian army. The Ukrainian army has selected 4 BMD (different modifications), 4 BMP-2 ( 2 cars were damaged). 1 tank T-64BV, several BTR-70, taken with the monuments of military equipment. The bulk of armored vehicles and artillery comes from "brotherly" Russia, together with their crews. Details about BM Bulat not known. There was only information that is so not destroyed and damaged. Its going to be evacuated.

bhramos

Country flag
Snezhnoe, Rebels guntraining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles