Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhramos

Country flag
Karlovka, 30 km from Donetsk. DPR's batalion "Vostok" holding the village. One soldier tells how he hit 2 ukrainian T-64s with "Utes" 12,7 MG. He says - one got away smoking, another was destroyed - ammo detonation.

Last edited by a moderator:

bhramos

Country flag
Captured rebel equipment on display in Great Patriotic War Museum in Kyiv

bhramos

Country flag
2014-07-11 Dzerginsk. Cemetery after air strike. This man very angry, ukrainian air force destroyed his father, grandfather and grandmother graves.

bhramos

Country flag
RS in "Action". On 1:21 one is hit by sniper.

bhramos

Country flag
Kiev.
Anti-government protesters "evromaidan" captured policemen. and tortured.

bhramos

Country flag
Girl from bank in Kiev call rebel and ask for loan to be return.Funny how she is very persistent.
She is clueless whats going on in East .

bhramos

Country flag
Sources from all sides claim a Ukrainian jet was shot down over Russian-Ukrainian border.

There is a video of the event from afar
Look closely at 0:24, center of a screen. Witnesses say they see parachutes.

bhramos

Country flag
One more video of that epic battle of Right Sector unit, this time even more hillarious:

BMP ramming a SUV, shooting to the air etc etc.

bhramos

Country flag
Today, insurgents shot down a transport plane An-26 close to the Russian border.
On the recording, you can hear how much the inhabitants of the Noworosji "love" the junta forces: 00: 20-"fire! The Uraa!.. Beautiful " (Translated by Bing)

apple

seeing a good side in everything this conflict is pushing further our energy integration in europe+renewables energies to be independent from this situations.

European energy security: Conscious uncoupling | The Economist

Good article, and glad to see some optimism on this thread :)

The article seems to suggest the most likely solution is that the EU will purchase Russian gas via pipelines which don't run through the Ukraine based on cost and availability. It rejects shale gas and LPG from outside the EU as, while it does mention the situation may change in the future, it claims that there is no available excess of production capacity available for export. It mentions that the Russia to EU pipeline under the Baltic is underutilised. at the moment, but doesn't mention if its capable of fully replacing the existing network of pipes, many of which go through the Ukraine,

Was a bit confused by that aspect of the article i.e. the EU can't (at present) import natural gas/ shale gas or LPG from outside of Europe due to cost, which I understand and lack of availability. But, doesn't fully explain if Russia could meet all of Europe's gas demands using just the Baltic pipeline. Perhaps, I misunderstood the article...

Also, am not really sure why the RUSSIA STRONK!!! crew "liked" your article. It goes into great detail about how Europe's energy demands could be met using non Russian sources which would totally kill the Russian economy.

Oh well, I need to grow up and say "Yes Sir !!" to all your bs ?? Is that the best explanation you can throw at me ?? Come up with something better, KID !! :rolleyes:
Have replied to your flame-bait on a thread where it's maybe relevant. And no, there's no need to thank me, moderators, for doing your job for you.

bhramos

Country flag
Fighters of Novorossiya:
Interview with one of the youngest soldiers of Donbass Militia known as "Kid"

bhramos

Country flag
Banderamorons or Maidummies burn a Russian flag in Nikolaev July 13, 2014 and scream the same old trash they usually do.

Where are all the people in Nikolaev? Interesting.

happy

Have replied to your flame-bait on a thread where it's maybe relevant. And no, there's no need to thank me, moderators, for doing your job for you.
Hey [edited]....whatever thread and wherever you may try to hide the truth can never be hidden about your country's support to NATO !!!

See the below links and educate your sorry [edited]!!!

http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/topics_48899.htm

NATO: the Australian experience - The Drum (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

And beware....this is just the tip of the iceberg. If I dig even a wee bit deeper, you will have to take whole new lessons to catch up. First of all, learn to have manners before you go mud slinging.

Meriv90

Good article, and glad to see some optimism on this thread :)

The article seems to suggest the most likely solution is that the EU will purchase Russian gas via pipelines which don't run through the Ukraine based on cost and availability. It rejects shale gas and LPG from outside the EU as, while it does mention the situation may change in the future, it claims that there is no available excess of production capacity available for export. It mentions that the Russia to EU pipeline under the Baltic is underutilised. at the moment, but doesn't mention if its capable of fully replacing the existing network of pipes, many of which go through the Ukraine,

Was a bit confused by that aspect of the article i.e. the EU can't (at present) import natural gas/ shale gas or LPG from outside of Europe due to cost, which I understand and lack of availability. But, doesn't fully explain if Russia could meet all of Europe's gas demands using just the Baltic pipeline. Perhaps, I misunderstood the article...

Also, am not really sure why the RUSSIA STRONK!!! crew "liked" your article. It goes into great detail about how Europe's energy demands could be met using non Russian sources which would totally kill the Russian economy.

Nice questions.

-First the Baltic pipeline is not enough, they need the mediterranean one.

-Second the article is from April, the situation has changed, the gas/petroleum prices has plumbed regardless of the crisis in the producing countries (Libya, Russia, Iraq/Syria). The problem is that there aren't a lot of LNG plants to receive it as a consequence of NIMBY movements (Not In My Back Yard, worst kind of citizen, they say yes to everything only if it is far away from them).
But I think this could be easily solved as article says with LNG processing ships, here in Venice zone we produce two(image below) of this a year, and I think they are relatively more complex than a normal frigate (they cost as a destroyer 800€ each one)

You got at least another dozen of shipyards with this capabilities in Europe and companies greedy for work, so building ourselves LNG ships wouldn't be a problem.

-Third, this article come from The Economist, even if normally it is a good economic magazine it tends to be UK biased, now let's analyze the position of EU countries.

1) Germany, as the FT article I linked is has the biggest trade relations with Russia
2)Italy, same history here, but not only economical by being the second, if I remember correctly the communist party in Italy has been(when we were still in the cold war) the most supported communist party from all European countries, this has left mark in Italian society.
3) To a certain degree France had the same kind of society (with Italy we are the most Welfare spending countries), plus they oppose normally the US, this is the reason Hollande has been chosen as a mediator
4) Ex-Warsaw pact, it is enough the example of the European Interceptor Site (EIS) to understand where they stand here, even more now that Poland is pursuing the same objective alone. Just take a look at the ultra-right wing government from Hungary. Baltic countries have an irrational fear of being absorbed.

5) UK with the Ex-Warsaw/Baltic are the ones that are pushing the crisis, as you can read in this new article Conflict in Ukraine: The siege | The Economist so when you read an article from The Economist you need to take in account that is biased.

Now I will take in account Italy because it is the country I know better, and we know that Germany and France will do better most of the times so we can use my country as a "low standard"

In 2013 we produced 40% energy from renewable sources, this is the production side, we are pushing for energy efficiency too, here if you double glaze your windows, put photovoltaic, isolate the building, etc.. Etc... The government will give you back 65% of your investment in tax direct deduction in 10 years (6,5% investment, with 0% inflation it is a paradise). Everyone right now is improving their homes right now.

In poor words if Italy is doing this well, and we are not using all the alternative energies in Europe (EX: wave movement is the best one because thanks to the moon there are always tides that will provide energy), imagine in how much time Europe is going to be able to say no to Russia/US.

Cadian

Another bunch of warcrimes from Kiev junta (18+, it becomes less shoking every time):

Ukrainian artillery shells Lughansk city centre where apartment buildings are located.

As I previously mentioned, Kiev's aim is to make no-mans' land on Donbass. There is no military sense in these actions (because rebel forces are digged in on the outskirts of the city), however this terror attacks cause civilians to flee to Russia. Also, Ukrainian artillery targets life support systems and industrial plants to make the return of refugees impossible.

Looks like junta knows that figures on 11th of May referendums are close to reality and wants to eliminate non-loyal population.

And what is most ugly thing - like James Bond, Ukraine new leaders have a "license to kill" from "her Majesty". All those "Amnesty Internationals" behave quiet as mice, when otherwise such crimes as Kiev has committed would be enough to hang 2 Saddams and kill 5 Gaddafies.

And a comment from official ATO speaker on his page n Facebook:

"Terrorists have fired Grad launchers to apartment blocks in Lughansk (Mirny, Stepnoy, Olhovsky districts) in order to discredit our troops. Casualties reported. There are also reports that Russian journalists arrived to film it."

"They burned themselves" (c) since Odessa 02.05.2014

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles