Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimih

Country flag
Btw, it is going to become harder and harder for India to balance our relationship with Russia and West, if things keep going down the same path. Sanctions are coming for Russia.
GoI had already sensed the upcoming shitstorm and then only we suddenly got the news about PMO cancelling imports and Modi pitching for "go local" in defense sector.

Shuturmurg

Country flag
we will go atmanirbhar way.

ditching russia is the worst thing one can do, we have tons of ongoing project with them.
What projects do we have ongoing with them ?
Russia doesn't provide us anything economically and we cannot live without trade with the west.

I agree though that Russia is the most willing for tech transfer amongst all our defence partners.

Also, we will take at least a decade to become truly atmanirbhar.

warmachine541

Country flag
Russia doesn't provide us anything economically and we cannot live without trade with the west.

I agree though that Russia is the most willing for tech transfer amongst all our defence partners.

We need Russia to pressurize China. US has lost it's power.

THESIS THORON

Country flag

nuclear plants
talvar class
upgradation, refit of vkd
190mw reactor

list is too long

indiatester

Country flag
GoI had already sensed the upcoming shitstorm and then only we suddenly got the news about PMO cancelling imports and Modi pitching for "go local" in defense sector.
It may have contributed, but we were going self reliant way even before that.

I believe this is more a choice of the west on which way it wants to go and not that of India.
If they expect India to ditch Russia and go flirting with the west when we have not really gained from them, they will ofcourse be disappointed.
Infact west has worked and continue to work against India's interests. Its for them to choose. We have clearly said that we are not going to choose overtly.

Jimih

Country flag
This Russians move Finally awake from the deep slumber of 77 years

For Europe

Military spending and statergy will shift as situation is threatened

Specifically for France and Germany

In coming years Far right Govt inevitable in these countries
I had mentioned in one of posts 2 months earlier that, we may soon see new split in EU, and the new grouping will be led by France and Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles