Bhagvad Gita faces legal ban in Russia

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Re: Massive Russian Military Movement

Dude, history over the last 2 decades has shown what the US interests are, how much sincerity they have in actually solving global issues and how they go about doing it. If you have not observed these by yourself, then there is no point in me trying to prove anything to you.
Well truly speaking both US and Russia have been greedy and cruel.Both of them want world domination.One has been successful while the other failed.If you say US is evil then certainly you have to include Russia as well.No one is a saint here.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned

Orthodox Church has a history of butality which will make guys like Aurangzeb child so your equating Christian proselytization with Hindus doing some of dancing and singing for Krishna is not that great.
I do not like fanatic ISKON myself and know that Geeta will not be banned. The part that is considered offensive is that Prabhupada equated Jesus as one of the avatars(I have Hindi version of Geeta written by him) and this was enough for orthodox Christians to get pissed ff.
What about Catholic Church ? What about Inquisition ? Why are you always selectively targeting communities & nations ?

Religion indeed becomes opium of masses when consumed/practiced excessively. Moderation in any realm brings sustainability.

Do not expect a nation which defines itself through an identity based on adherence to Orthodox Church, allow rival evangelical activities beyond a certain point.

Freedom is not something that Russia prides itself on. Freedom is the idea that USA was founded on. And, find out how much freedom was allowed to non-whites & women in the free-est of countries.

Hypocrisy & double-standards is human nature & an existential reality in international relations. The sooner you realize it, the earlier you mature in the art of international diplomacy.

Why cannot you deduce common threads that weave through the manner in which big powers (like Russia) act & thrive ?

Russians/Slavs were hungry & capable so they expanded.

We failed & got reduced to minor core (from our erstwhile geographical/cultural expanse) because we were too contended with what we had (natural bounty), lacked in strategic vision, had a fragmented polity & lacked an overarching, decisive, unifying central leadership that can sustain itself for generations.

Why do have this deeply-ingrained persecution complex and as if everyone was out to get you (& your ancestors) ?

We are what we are. Russians are what they are. Live with it.

Together (India+Russia), we complement each other & make a win-win detente. Similarly, for India+Japan & India+Vietnam+SE nations & many other equations.

Accept people & nations for what they are, if you intend to have productive relationship with them. Everyone has their imperfections.

Regarding Gorshkov episode:

As long as we dont address our leadership deficit (the perpetual bane of civilization), we would have to look at other powers for advanced tech. & weaponry.

Face it.

There can no technological leapfrogging (for a country that missed its industrial revolution) without a committed, inspired & visionary political leadership.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
So what is the news here? Is Gita banned in Russia?
The BG was never banned. This is just the usual Russia-haters spreading false info.

Read the post below I posted earlier

1. It is not the BG that some people tried to ban, but an interpretation of the BG known as BG As It is.
2. The case has been dismissed by the Russian court, that means the book has not been banned.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned

Look brother,don`t worry about Bengal.If God wants then Bengal can prosper and become a powerful state even with Hindu minority.Personally I have no problem with a Hindu minority Bengal even though I am a Hindu.
Define prosperity, then ? How do you convolute a prosperous Muslim-majority Bengal ? Care to elaborate about status of minority Hindus in such prosperous Bengal ?

You forget East Bengal Hindus ? Statistics...etc.

You also conveniently ignore fate of minority in Muslim-dominated geographies.

Ever heard of Kashmiri Pandits or Armenian Christians in not-so-distant past.

Prosperous Muslim-majority Bengal. :toilet: My Ass :tsk:

sam80

@sam80
What about Siberia, Crimea(I am talking about czar era), Baltic states and that detestable "rape of Poland". It is not that they are any less( they are more) aggressive land grabbers than USA, it was just their incompetence that led to this debacle. Siberia though is still colonized and original inhabitants have been sent to hell in large numbers.

I will talk about latest incident of Crimea , you know this part was given as "Friendly Gesture" to Ukraine by Russia Mostly Russian Speaking Population .

Here Russia is Victim of American Bully Attitude , Like always they started creating Problem in Ukraine to get Ukraine on their side , Funded Protest according sources millions of $ per week .Obviously Russia always considered Ukraine as like brother country , now it's creating threat for Russia .

Russia is taking their "Gift" back thats it. And DUMB Ukrainians are biggest losers here who destroyed their own country .

Last edited by a moderator:

sam80

Define prosperity, then ? How do you convolute a prosperous Muslim-majority Bengal ? Care to elaborate about status of minority Hindus in such prosperous Bengal ?

Who is this Guy ? Doubt he is Indian .

He saying "Hindus can Survive in Muslim Majority country " OMG ! It's impossible thing .

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

Hindus in Muslim majority East Bengal were indeed much richer than Muslims but they lived in peace only in times of British. Once they withdrew, we know that some of the most unspeakable atrocities were committed there.
Infact, most of massacres of Hindus in post 1950 era have been done in East Bengal.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

He saying "Hindus can Survive in Muslim Majority country " OMG ! It's impossible thing .
Stockholm Syndrome on is part. He is an Indian.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

Look brother,don`t worry about Bengal.If God wants then Bengal can prosper and become a powerful state even with Hindu minority.Personally I have no problem with a Hindu minority Bengal even though I am a Hindu.
Just today I was telling my senior how the youth of WB have been having their POV screwed up by lopsided communist 'secularism' that is prevalent in so called 'intellectual class' of bengal who would cry a thousand rivers for muslim while maintaining their indifference of Hindu persecution any where in the world! Just today! And you are a prime example of that.

The whole of the so called much lauded Bengali culture IS the culture of Bengali Hindus. The whole culture is based on the Hindu religion. Do you think the personification of nature that is prevalent in Rabindra Sangeet is allowed in Islam, or Art, or Dance, or anything that doesn't strictly conform with Quoran?

Forgive me, but YOU IDIOT, if your are Hindu, and I emphasis on 'IF' given your user name and contradicting profile picture, how could you forget how Bengali Hindus had to flee BD and still coming over here wishing for a life free of persecution? I know you were not born during partition or 70's, but don't you see around you people coming from BD? As an engineering student, you are supposed to have an analytical brain, don't you use that except in studies? Just read up what is happening in Belgium or in Netherlands, where the Muslim % has not even reached majority? Or in London, how the vigilantism is growing day by day. Don't you see what is happening in BD itself? How the freeminded people are fighting for their life there?

I have a HUGE problem of Hindus becoming minority in WB. I DO NOT want my children to suffer what the hindus left in BD is suffering today.

Actually it is not muslim, but people like you who are going to bring ruin to Bangal.

I also understand that a USA-ass kisser like you who are dreaming to leave for US think that even if the bad days comes, you would be safely in some or other of the western countries.

Coming to the topic,what is astonishing is the Russians are persecuting the ISKCON devotees who are peaceful in nature.There is an ISKCON temple in Bengal and I have gone there.The devotees only talk about non violence and peace and they do not try to enforce their beliefs on you.They engage in charity and feed the poor,but they do not force people to convert to their sect.How can the Russians have anything against such a organization which only spreads the message of peace.Its not like they are blowing up buildings and terrorizing people.Just shows the true violent nature of Russians.
ISKON is an organisation which manipulates people in the name of Hinduism while presenting an obscene image of Hinduism to its western followers. I personally know this having a cousin - an NRI - who was ensnared by those perverts and having relatives in Mayapur itself. So, don't harp on goodness of ISKON.

However, nobody gets a right to ban any religious book unless it is detrimental to the state's integrity and law & Order.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

@sam80 @TrueSpirit1

Please stop your ad hominem attacks against me.What do you know about Bengal?I am a Bengali Hindu(my surname is Maitra -do a google search on it) and my family was in East Bengal before independence.My great grandfathers were zamindars in Faridpur just for your information.I don`t like to bring up that but it seems you have forced me to do so_One of the DFI poster`s initially had posted about bengal and so I replied to him.As for prosperity in Bengal go check out which was the richest province in 1700-1760.United Bengal was not only rich but also the birthplace of Bengali renaissance. Also Hindus could survive in your so called Muslim majority Bengal.Huh I think one of the rules of DFI was not to post ad hominem or communal posts like you have done .It seems no one cares here.
Also learn a bit more about undivided Bengal(Raja Rammohan Roy,R. Tagore,M. Madhusudan,Kazi Nazrul Islam,A.C. P.Roy,Satyendranath Bose) then reply to my post.We Bengalis have won the most number of Nobel Prizes, don`t forget that.So what I have said is absolutely correct as long as the people in a state are hard working they can achieve whatever they want.

Last edited by a moderator:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Just today I was telling my senior how the youth of WB have been having their POV screwed up by lopsided communist 'secularism' that is prevalent in so called 'intellectual class' of bengal who would cry a thousand rivers for muslim while maintaining their indifference of Hindu persecution any where in the world! Just today! And you are a prime example of that.

The whole of the so called much lauded Bengali culture IS the culture of Bengali Hindus. The whole culture is based on the Hindu religion. Do you think the personification of nature that is prevalent in Rabindra Sangeet is allowed in Islam, or Art, or Dance, or anything that doesn't strictly conform with Quoran?

Forgive me, but YOU IDIOT, if your are Hindu, and I emphasis on 'IF' given your user name and contradicting profile picture, how could you forget how Bengali Hindus had to flee BD and still coming over here wishing for a life free of persecution? I know you were not born during partition or 70's, but don't you see around you people coming from BD? As an engineering student, you are supposed to have an analytical brain, don't you use that except in studies? Just read up what is happening in Belgium or in Netherlands, where the Muslim % has not even reached majority? Or in London, how the vigilantism is growing day by day. Don't you see what is happening in BD itself? How the freeminded people are fighting for their life there?

I have a HUGE problem of Hindus becoming minority in WB. I DO NOT want my children to suffer what the hindus left in BD is suffering today.

Actually it is not muslim, but people like you who are going to bring ruin to Bangal.

I also understand that a USA-ass kisser like you who are dreaming to leave for US think that even if the bad days comes, you would be safely in some or other of the western countries.
Dude, there is an old saying: It is easier to open the eyes of a person who is asleep than that of a person who has shut his eyes close.

ISKON is an organisation which manipulates people in the name of Hinduism while presenting an obscene image of Hinduism to its western followers. I personally know this having a cousin - an NRI - who was ensnared by those perverts and having relatives in Mayapur itself. So, don't harp on goodness of ISKON.

However, nobody gets a right to ban any religious book unless it is detrimental to the state's integrity and law & Order.
I have also heard such stuff about ISKCON, thanks for confirmation.
I never trust people who come up to me and say "hey listen do you want to find joy" blah blah blah... be it evangelist (or whatever you call them) or these ISKCON type guys.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Also learn a bit more about undivided Bengal(Raja Rammohan Roy,R. Tagore,M. Madhusudan,Kazi Nazrul Islam,A.C. P.Roy,Satyendranath Bose) then reply to my post.We Bengalis have won the most number of Nobel Prizes, don`t forget that.So what I have said is absolutely correct as long as the people in a state are hard working they can achieve whatever they want.
Wrong. Tamil Brahmins have got 3 in Sciences whereas Bengalis got one for literature and another for Economics both of which are subjective.

I agree that Indian intellectual class was mostly Bengali but it were Hindu Bengalis.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Look at the post I have given about myself.Also please dont teach me about Bengal.i am a Bengali Hindu( Maitra).So stop caring about Bengal and attacking me.My forefathers were zamindars in EB(Faridpur) so I think you dont need to explain to me how the partition was for us.Also do not try to enforce your narrow minded views on me.Instead a quote from the Nobel prize winning world poet Rabindranath Tagore might help

Where The Mind Is Without Fear
Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
Where knowledge is free
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
By narrow domestic walls
Where words come out from the depth of truth
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
Where the mind is led forward by thee
Into ever-widening thought and action
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

Seems like R. Tagore`s dream would remain a dream.We have been taught to respect all religions including Islam.So I will continue to do so. I only dislike the fanatics and overzealous muslims(like Pakistanis).If you have problems with these just ignore me.

Last edited:

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

I never trust people who come up to me and say "hey listen do you want to find joy" blah blah blah... be it evangelist (or whatever you call them) or these ISKCON type guys.
ISKON are cheaters and that is why now, I have begun to understand some of Russian resentment against them. They are very fanatic and have confined Hindu philosophy to"hare rama hare krishna"

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Wrong. Tamil Brahmins have got 3 in Sciences whereas Bengalis got one for literature and another for Economics both of which are subjective.

I agree that Indian intellectual class was mostly Bengali but it were Hindu Bengalis.
R.tagore-1
Amartya Sen-1
Mohammed Yunus(I consider him a bengali and part of our culture)-1
Also Mother Teresa did most of her work in Kolkata.But let me leave her out.This is not a Nobel Prize thread but this is what is truth.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Dude, there is an old saying: It is easier to open the eyes of a person who is asleep than that of a person who has shut his eyes close.

Yes I have my eyes wide open.Kindly look at my personal posts.For your information ISKCON does not involve itself in shady activities.A lot of people in Bengal are its devotees.But the again I cannot show the light of truth to non believers.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Russia is not West, They are not so tolerant people about other religious minority, They take their Indigenous Population first then others ..

The above poster is just an example of there mindset ..

Its their Country and their rules, If one visits there must learn their ways ..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

I don`t know much about ISKCON`s ..

But i love their cooked food, I visit their place quite often .. :)

Yes I have my eyes wide open.Kindly look at my personal posts.For your information ISKCON does not involve itself in shady activities.A lot of people in Bengal are its devotees.But the again I cannot show l the light of truth to non believers.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Russia is not West, They are not so tolerant people about other religious minority, They take their Indigenous Population first then others ..

The above poster is just an example of there mindset ..

Its their Country and their rules, If one visits there must learn their ways ..
Tell me, what is wrong in what Putin has said. Tell me one thing that is wrong with what he said.
Why should Russia bow to Sharia ?
Why should Russia let its culture and language erode for the sake of people who come from elsewhere ? Because other countries do it ?
(Yes there are many languages indigenous to Russia and a lot of these languages are official in their own republic. Note that a republic is a sub-national entity (of the Russian Federation) which is considered homeland of the indigenous people that live there)
Why should special privileges be given to any minorities ? What makes any minority special ?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles