Attacks on Tamil Nadu fishermen by Sri Lankan navy

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
What you are basically saying is.

Since we are getting our ass whopped by a tiny Sri Lanka and our govt is too cucked to actually respond to their unwarranted aggression we must ask our fisherman to change their ways even though they absolutely did nothing wrong while spending extra money of tax payers to finance projects just to appease the lankans who are in the wrong here.

And mind you this Sri Lanka came to us begging for aid a few days back.

UNSC seat and all this regional power nonsense is not for us. Myanmar can send in refugees Sri Lanka can fuck with us and we want to deal with global issues lol.
Ya'll Nibbiars and here some memebers here proposed we are weak in diplomacy so we should take a step back.

Literally without commuting even without knowing is. This issues will not be solved simply by technology or implementation rules. The dissent is alreday there.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars we are paying the price for the Indira Nehru gifting.

1 . We gifted the traditional lands to the Burmese

2 . Gifting the Coco Island to the Burma.

3 . Ladakh LAC.

4 . POK is all due to the Nehurian peace policys.

5 . Indiras apparent to the SL.

6 . The recent Bangladesh India resolutions will also have impact in the longer runs.

7 . The rejections of Nepal into the Union.

8 . The Bhutanese issue also has similar stances.

In all we have messed our borders by our own and not just the Raj.

Knowitall

I swear to god. I am yet to see a nation of our size behave in such a cucked manner.

Smaller nations with smaller economies have done so much more. Respect is earned you don't earn it by getting bitch slapped by a bankrupt nation begging for aid.

You get it by publicly humiliating the shit out of them and pressing your boot on their face.

The world respects power and follow those who wield it.

Everything else is schematics.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
@ezsasa im genuinely disappointed you agreeing to his vague suggestion.
Do you genuinely think its lack of tech issue?

For the arguments sake lets say they adapt these technics then do you think this problem will go away?

I can understand the Lack of support/sympathy in this issue but i can't stomach these condescending elitist advice and "temil identity crisis" comment.
Thanks for being frank about it.

majority of the discussion on the topic during the last few pages was revolving around "tit for tat" responses, suggestions being made are escalatory in nature like shooting at SL navy/coast guard, LOC conditions , maritime militia etc etc. sure they have a place in a solution, but they are not the only solution. a good solution is always a series of steps spread over a period of time, with inter-dependencies between steps.

if you notice my opinions on any topic not a fan of "tit for tat" response, rather i am always looking any suggestions on permanent solutions. since the short term retaliatory ideas have already come during the discussion, @Tshering22 is hinting towards long term solutions, which is welcome. as far as any corrections are concerned, others are there to "educate" us anyways.

let me know if you need more clarification.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
others are there to "educate" us anyways.

let me know if you need more clarification.
No neither me or you have nothing to offer on this issue

Im saying this without any emotion on prejudice
Because of this sentence,
am always looking any suggestions on permanent solutions.

It means current issue or the argument is based on "simple " matter of fishing no other factors involved.

And these claims are not worthy to raise.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars even China support the nonsensical issues like the South China Sea as being their traditional fiahing grounds.

And here despite generations of fisherman fishing there we simply abodend our lands and not just claims. I have seen the line and it's to close towards India. I simply asked me which idiot made this International Martime boundary.

This issue will not be resolved by just Technology, Money or Strictly Implementing rules.

The Behavior of the SL and their record has been sub par. If an Indian Coast Guard had done killing a SL fishermen there would had been court of Inquiry. But in their case simply a lip service and Show case. And medals their personnel for killing unarmed fisherman's. They openly say will you and will hunt you like a dog. And we simply says ji huzur.

Knowitall

If this is Tamil issue than Kashmir is also Narth Indian issue.
See two can play at this game.
Indian adminstration needs to make up their minds on this, nudge Sri Lankas a bit.
Nudge??

This so called nation known as Sri Lanka is a bankrupt entity on the cusp of food riots because their govt does not have enough food to even feed their people.

This nation is not only bankrupt financially but also morally with their people begging shamelessly for basic necessities.

Sri Lanka right now:-

1) sky high inflation.
2) tons of unemployed people who can't buy basic necessities.
3) a completely devastated agriculture sector.
4) lack of goods meaning those who have money can also buy nothing.
5) govt too is broke as fuck and is begging with its arms open.

This country is a walking failed state in a lot of ways and still has the gall to come and fuck with us.

Now I don't know why but i don't feel like cursing them I feel like cursing us. How the hell did we end up like this. This is akin to a begger taking your money and then beating you the next day.

India deserves this treatment the only unfortunate thing is the innocents being caught in the crossfire here.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
a good solution is always a series of steps spread over a period of time, with inter-dependencies between steps.
LOC conditions
Since you brought up the loc connection, would you suggest the same to pakis n china too.

Interdependary is more important to the dilli too since they are close to the issue?

Haldilal

Country flag
Nudge??

This so called nation known as Sri Lanka is a bankrupt entity on the cusp of food riots because their govt does not have enough food to even feed their people.

This nation is not only bankrupt financially but also morally with their people begging shamelessly for basic necessities.

Sri Lanka right now:-

1) sky high inflation.
2) tons of unemployed people who can't buy basic necessities.
3) a completely devastated agriculture sector.
4) lack of goods meaning those who have money can also buy nothing.
5) govt too is broke as fuck and is begging with its arms open.

This country is a walking failed state in a lot of ways and still has to gall to come and fuck with us.

Now I don't know why but i don't feel like cursing them I feel like cursing us. How the hell did we end up like this. This is akin to a begger taking your money and then beating you the next day.

India deserves this treatment the only unfortunate thing is the innocents being caught in the crossfire here.
Ya'll Nibbiars In March I got fed up when their port trade unions gone on strike because simply they don't like the Indian Investment in their port sectors. Once the Sagarmalq comes online they will have Nothing to feed on.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars I have seen the Sky Scraper City SL threads there they simply cheers the Chinese Investment and Hate Indians to the core calling delivery remarks like Paajits and what not. This is much deeper than some have thoughts.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Hope ppl understand we just want to reclaim the lost indian maritime border to India...
It might not be possible to get back our marintime border but at the very least violence & harrasment against our fishermen is unacceptable. The Lanakans must be reminded that we have given up our claim as a Goodwill gesture and the same warm feeling is expected from them.
If things do not approve than we should strike up some kind of deal to fish in their boarders.

Haldilal

Country flag
It might not be possible to get back our marintime border but at the very least violence & harrasment against our fishermen is unacceptable. The Lanakans must be reminded that we have given up our claim as a Goodwill gesture and the same warm feeling us expected from them.
If things do not approve than we should strike up some kind of deal to fish in their boarders.
Ya'll Nibbiars It's possible is we show strong stance. It's unrivaled so its possible.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
No neither me or you have nothing to offer on this issue

Im saying this without any emotion on prejudice
Because of this sentence,

It means current issue or the argument is based on "simple " matter of fishing no other factors involved.

And these claims are not worthy to raise.
correct, this applies to almost every discussion here at DFI.

but my endeavour has been to encourage discussions taking as much wider inputs into considerations as possible, rather than the typical solution of "Govt must take care of it" which needs no brains to come up with and 90% of the time during DFI discussions. there will be hits and miss.

let the discussion flow, let more knowledgable people pitch in with ground realities and course correct, let the quality of discussion elevate.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Since you brought up the loc connection, would you suggest the same to pakis n china too.

Interdependary is more important to the dilli too since they are close to the issue?
my bad not that loc, this is Line of credit.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars one of the temporary solutions would be sent a Cosast guard boats always near the shipping boats group to the current martime border. The SL will not even dare to come near. Even is some boats unintentionally or Intentionally crosses the Martime Border.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars one of the problems of our foreign policies is that we never tangle our Line of Credits with any thing. It's is never give and take from our side. While the Mleecahs have this even smaller nations have this but we simply lack this understandings.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars this Incident has open many eyes and now many questions the Line of Credits.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Govt must take care of it"
Its an international maritime border issue saar,who else can act on this?

Ppl causally dropping the blame on local politician, when we counter the issue, people simply say "govt must take or it " is a typical solution.

If the same yard stick applied then your" local politics" blame to lose credibility don't you think?

And also doesn't the state gormint should fund "the fish farming tech" too a laughable one don't you think?

Me:Central gormint solve the issue..

Others: no its a typical thinking

The same others: but state gormint finance the fish farm.

my bad not that loc, this is Line of credit.
My argument still stands.

Last edited:

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It might not be possible to get back our marintime border but at the very least violence & harrasment against our fishermen is unacceptable. The Lanakans must be reminded that we have given up our claim as a Goodwill gesture and the same warm feeling is expected from them.
That's fine i don't expect others or central gormint to take 100pc of our stand, concessions are part of a solution.

What im against is totally disregarding the view n shifting the blame entirely.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles