Armored Personnel Carriers & Infantry Fighting Vehicles

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
BVP M2 SKCZ

Sloavakian deep-modernisation of the BMP-2 for the Czech and Slovakian Armed Forces by a consortium of three Slovakian and Czech companies.Is upgraded with the Turra 30 unmanned turret with the autocannon option for the 2A42, the Mk.44 and the CZ 30(Don't know which autocannon is this could someone shed some light on it?).There's a 8000 Crore program to upgrade the BMP-2s to BMP-2Ms(Not sure KBP BMP-2M Berezokh or Kurganmashzavod BMP-2M) maybe the first batch BMP-2s in service with the Indian Army whose shelf life is nearing could be upgraded to this standard or this could be an option for upgrading newer batch BMP-2's later which won't be replaced by the FICV.

new Slovak upgrade program for infantry fighting armoured vehicle BVP-M2 SKCZ at IDET 2013 2305131---Army Recognition

Edit : Found some Vague info about the CZ 30
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product4921.html

Last edited:

The Last Stand

Country flag
BVP M2 SKCZ

Sloavakian deep-modernisation of the BMP-2 for the Czech and Slovakian Armed Forces by a consortium of three Slovakian and Czech companies.Is upgraded with the Turra 30 unmanned turret with the autocannon option for the 2A42, the Mk.44 and the CZ 30(Don't know which autocannon is this could someone shed some light on it?).There's a 8000 Crore program to upgrade the BMP-2s to BMP-2Ms(Not sure KBP BMP-2M Berezokh or Kurganmashzavod BMP-2M) maybe the first batch BMP-2s in service with the Indian Army whose shelf life is nearing could be upgraded to this standard or this could be an option for upgrading newer batch BMP-2's later which won't be replaced by the FICV.

new Slovak upgrade program for infantry fighting armoured vehicle BVP-M2 SKCZ at IDET 2013 2305131---Army Recognition

Edit : Found some Vague info about the CZ 30
Army Guide - CZ30, Gun
They turned the BMP-2 into something like that? :shocked:

Very, very impressive.

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
Could someone be of help and please ID this Light Tank besides the Pz.87-140

Edit - No use, I've found it. It's the upgrade of the Pz.68 to Pz 68 Erprobungsträger armed with a 120mm CTG by RUAG.

Last edited:

The Last Stand

Country flag
@Kunal Biswas

I have a very interesting news from Polish press and confirmation from the Indian side would be nice. There are informations that KTO Rosomak (WAPC Wolverine) will perticipate in contest for new wheeled APC of the Indian Army.

Rosomak w indyjskim przetargu - Altair Agencja Lotnicza
Wheeled IFV/light tanks were being tested, IA and GoI are especially quiet sometimes while testing foreign products, it is not impossible that we might be considering the Rosomak, especially when it might fulfil our standards quite easily. Perhaps Kunal Biswas knows something about our requirements?

Also, I am pleased to see that our trade with Eastern Europe and specifically Poland is increasing, first the radars, the tracked IFV or light tank and now APC.

P.S. Wiki says Rosomak is customized Polish variant of Finnish APC, will we get manufacturing license?

Last edited by a moderator:

Damian

Wheeled IFV/light tanks were being tested, IA and GoI are especially quiet sometimes while testing foreign products, it is not impossible that we might be considering the Rosomak, especially when it might fulfil our standards quite easily. Perhaps Kunal Biswas knows something about our requirements?

Also, I am pleased to see that our trade with Eastern Europe and specifically Poland is increasing, first the radars, the tracked IFV or light tank and now APC.

P.S. Wiki says Rosomak is customized Polish variant of Finnish APC, will we get manufacturing license?
Actually we had some clash about Rosomak with Finland, because Poland made extensive modifications to vehicle and designed or is still designing new variants of it, for example anti air/anti tank variant with "Amur" turret module that have Grom anti air missiles and Spike anti tank missiles, not to mention other modifications.

So Finland have overall rights for vehicle, but we have rights to all significant modifications, however it seems that problem was solved and most likely Poland and Finland will share income from eventuall exports.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
i though pakistan is going to buy old US MPV's etc but why place other orders?
won't it create a logistic issue?
i am not sure whether we will get those buffalo used in Afghanistan or not.

and this is a small order of only 100 lazar 2.
PA need some good MPV's since majority of the PA casaulties are due to IED's.infact most of them these days

ladder

Country flag
i am not sure whether we will get those buffalo used in Afghanistan or not.

and this is a small order of only 100 lazar 2.
PA need some good MPV's since majority of the PA casaulties are due to IED's.infact most of them these days
Such a small order would not be for internal use, but for use in UN peace keeping roles.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles