An Introduction To Kabaddi

swag5

Kabaddi is a 4,000 year old team sport originated in India and played by many South Asian nations. The name derives from a Tamil word meaning "holding of hand", which is the crucial aspect of play. It is a team sport, which requires both skill and power, and combines the characteristics of wrestling and rugby. It was originally meant to develop self defense, in addition to responses to attack, and reflexes of counter attack by individuals, and by groups or teams. It is a rather simple and inexpensive game, and neither requires a massive playing area, nor any expensive equipment.

Modern Kabaddi is a synthesis of the game played in various forms under different names. It was introduced by Vivek Samvedi from Mumbai. Samit Damad then introduced some new rules which are effective since 14th July 2011. The game has been played in its original form since Vedic times. Kabaddi received international exposure during the 1936 Berlin Olympics , demonstrated by Hanuman Vyayam Prasarak Mandal, Amaravati, Maharashtra.

The game was introduced in the Indian Olympic Games at Calcutta in 1938. In 1950 the All India Kabaddi Federation came into existence and compiledstandard rules. In 1955, First Kabaddi Indian National Championship was held in Calcutta. It was here that women played competitively for the first time. Although this thigh slapping, full body contact sport doesn't seem tobe very popular with the ladies, it is fancied by men worldwide, yet rarely seen on TV. The Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India (AKFI) was founded in 1973. It is the national game of Bangladesh and the state game of Tamil Nadu, Punjab and Andhra Pradesh in India. Kabaddi is the Only Game being played in all the 3 versions of Asian Games i.e. Asian Games, Asian Indoor Games and Asian Beach Games.
Continued....follow below link
An Introduction To Kabaddi | The Sports Mirror

Suryakiran

yeah...you are right...:) A common indian sport played all over rural india..
Another advantage of kabaddi is, it does not need any instruments. Just a small piece of flat surface and you are all set to play kabaddi. I was a kabaddi player during my school days.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Akshay Kumar buys a Kabbadi team!

Akshay Kumar, a sports enthusiast, has just bought a kabbadi team that is a part of the newly-formed World Kabbadi League. A personal venture headed by Punjab deputy chief minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, the league follows the Formula One touring sports format and will be played across four continents starting from August to December. Akshay has always supported sports whether it's kabaddi, hockey, cricket or martial arts. He has been promoting fitness and sports and his tweets reflect that. By investing in the desi sport, the Khiladi has lent glamour to kabbadi. Akshay is the second Bolly hero to invest in the sport after Abhishek Bachchan, who has bought the Jaipur team which is a part of the Pro Kabbadi league founded by industrialist Anand Mahindra and former cricket commentator Charu Sharma. In the past, the Khiladi Kumar had performed at the closing ceremony of the second Kabbadi world cup and launched the third one with a spectacular entrance on a bike. He has made it a point to promote his movies at these sports events, whether it was Khiladi 786 or Desi Boyz.
Akshay Kumar buys a Kabbadi team! | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Kabbadi ftw ! :accepted:

Twinblade

Country flag
Plis to not disrespect teh kulcha sport; Kabaddi, 4lyf, bolo kabaddi ki Jai !! peace \m/ :dude:
Kabaddi. The bastard child spawning from gay sex between wrestling and tag. There is no way you can make an adult interested in this sport. Therefore I propose bikini + oil female kabaddi. Replace oil with mud if aesthetic requirements of bikini athletes aren't met :p

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Kabaddi. The bastard child spawning from gay sex between wrestling and tag. There is no way you can make an adult interested in this sport. Therefore I propose bikini + oil female kabaddi. Replace oil with mud if aesthetic requirements of bikini athletes aren't met :p
:dude: Plis not to be
hurting muh religious sentiments, Saar: Sthap! or else i'll Complain ! :nod:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles