ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
This will be an easy win for the EL/M-2052 (already ordered by HAL for the Jaguar DARIN III upgrade). Open bid is being done for transparency as per GoI rules to avoid single vendor deals.

+ Deliveries of intial 24 should be commencing from 2019 (SDK from 2020 onwards, 48 from raw materials from 2021 onwards).

Chinmoy

Country flag
SP3 has been handed over to IAF.

SP-03, The third member of Flying Daggers Family..

Jai Hind..

#TejasOfficialArchive #Tejas_LCA #NFTC #ADA #IADN

Please share the Post only with the Tags and Write Up. Kindly do not Edit or Copy the image. Copyright: #ADA

View attachment 12579
It means HAL is maintaining the baseline in its production as per my prediction, 1 SP in each quarter from one assembly line. Good to see that. We could expect SP4 by March 2017 at this rate.

tejas warrior

Country flag
It means HAL is maintaining the baseline in its production as per my prediction, 1 SP in each quarter from one assembly line. Good to see that. We could expect SP4 by March 2017 at this rate.
No Chinmoy. Please give HAL time to stabilize their production line.

There had been further improvement in SP3 from SP2 in terms of ease of maintenance.

Same way, SP4 will be improvement on SP3 and SP4 is expected to make first flight in mid Jan.

From SP5 own-wards, we should expect better production rate.

Chinmoy

Country flag
No Chinmoy. Please give HAL time to stabilize their production line.

There had been further improvement in SP3 from SP2 in terms of ease of maintenance.

Same way, SP4 will be improvement on SP3 and SP4 is expected to make first flight in mid Jan.

From SP5 own-wards, we should expect better production rate.
I believe even the current rate in one assembly line too is commendable. Regarding SP4 flight by January, I am bit skeptic, but it would be a huge achievement in itself if it happens. Otherwise if it rolls out by Mid or Late March too, I don't have any complain :)

Alok Arya

Country flag
Is nose diameter of Tejas larger than rafale? Please any one . Thanks in advance .

Last edited:

Alok Arya

Country flag
What I get from various sites ----
Su 30 900 mm
Typhoon 750 mm
Tejas 650 mm
M2K , Rafale 600 mm
Are these figures correct for antenna diameter .

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Correct for Tejas, Though keep away comparison sake debate out of this thread..

What I get from various sites ----
Su 30 900 mm
Typhoon 750 mm
Tejas 650 mm
M2K , Rafale 600 mm
Are these figures correct for antenna diameter .

tejas warrior

Country flag

rone

Country flag
why there is no sp versions in the list where they gone..are they put to regular combat stories

Rahul Singh

Country flag
We have PV6.

LSP8 is still grounded.. means no Air to Air refulling test started.

View attachment 12648
Still undergoing ground tests i guess.

From my earlier experience i can say ADA and HAL are making repeated tests at Iron Bird for checking performance of fuel systems with updated FCS. They are used to doing unusual number of tests for proving any update for FCS before passing onto actual aircraft.

why there is no sp versions in the list where they gone..are they put to regular combat stories
SPs are not test platforms hence they don't feature in flight test update list.

Last edited:

PD_Solo

The only one
Country flag
Some additional information from RFQs.

Tyre needs to be delivered starting 2018. (I wish Indian companies like MRF tap this business)
http://www.aame.in/2015/08/iaf-unhappy-with-mrf-searching-for.html

IAF is dissatisfied with MRF's 'Aero Muscle' tyres.Second, its a move to cultivate multiple vendors, thus preventing MRF monopoly. Third, since the Su-30MKI tyres were an outcome of MRF's own initiative, it would emerge as natural winner of this EOI, thereby preventing allegations of favouritism, giving IAF the chance to scope the market to weigh in its options. Fourth, either by IAF's assessment or by its own admission, MRF would be unable to scale up to meet the IAF's demands for tyres for its entire fleet of aircrafts, the fourth largest Air Force in the world. IMHO, the EOI is a result of the 3rd possibility.

tejas warrior

Country flag
http://www.aame.in/2015/08/iaf-unhappy-with-mrf-searching-for.html

IAF is dissatisfied with MRF's 'Aero Muscle' tyres.Second, its a move to cultivate multiple vendors, thus preventing MRF monopoly. Third, since the Su-30MKI tyres were an outcome of MRF's own initiative, it would emerge as natural winner of this EOI, thereby preventing allegations of favouritism, giving IAF the chance to scope the market to weigh in its options. Fourth, either by IAF's assessment or by its own admission, MRF would be unable to scale up to meet the IAF's demands for tyres for its entire fleet of aircrafts, the fourth largest Air Force in the world. IMHO, the EOI is a result of the 3rd possibility.
It's old 2015 article and source can't be trusted straight forward.

Read this:

http://drdo.gov.in/drdo/pub/techfocus/2016/TF_April_2016_WEB.pdf

Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG
Capture5.PNG
Capture6.PNG

tejas warrior

Country flag
Solar Power For LCA Tejas' Manufacturing Division Of HAL

3.5MW Solar Power Plant at HAL

India’s Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL) plans to harness solar power to enable its Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas’ manufacturing division to cut down dependency on normal electricity.

The project enables us to use solar power and cut down our dependency on normal electricity”, T. Suvarna Raju, CMD, HAL said after inaugurating a 3.5MW solar power project at the HAL airport in Bangalore, India last Friday.

The power requirement of LCA-Tejas Division would be met to begin with, he added.

The project is commissioned by the Amplus Energy Solutions. Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Sanjeev Aggarwal, Managing Director & CEO, AES, commended HAL’s decision to install a significant renewable energy capacity for its power consumption in Bengaluru. This is the first single-axis tracker based solar installation at an airport in India. In addition to cost savings, a 3,900 kWp solar facility would reduce emissions by 1,66,257 MT of CO2 over the life of the plant, which has the same effect on CO2 emissions as reducing consumption of 3,84,921 barrels of crude oil or planting 1,90,903 trees, he said. The project complies with domestic content requirement (DCR) since the modules used in this project are manufactured in India. The Amplus had won this project in a competitive bidding under developer mode where for the first time the VGF (Viability Gap funding) was negative. As part of its commitment given to the Government, HAL is in the process of establishing 50 MW capacity renewable energy in next two years. The Company plans to install 35.8 MW capacity solar plants.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/18...s__Manufacturing_Division_Of_HAL#.WGKXU4HhXqA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles