India Cancels Talks with Pakistan

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
No there was never a thaw. I saw it coming.

Shariff miscalculated Imran, he saw his agitation fizzling out in a day so him being not ready for secretary level talks with India is not accurate.

When Congress-I supporters and like of Manish Tiwari were trolling Modi on his invite of Sharrif, I was laughing at their naivety.

Modi has been never so predictable like he is since D day of his becoming PM.
Imran Khan + Qadri = ISI de pithu

Imran Khan has screwed up NWFP.

Ashutosh Lokhande

What India should have done is disproportionate retaliation against pakis like Israel whenever they do crap like this. See how israel responded against hamas for killing just 3 teens?(they killed 1700 of their enemies). Now that takes balls of steel. India lacks the balls let alone being made of steel. Ffs, even the chinese are good at making their stands strong even if it is outrageous!

But I cant expect a lot from a country which still harbors bleed heart libtards who would sacrifice their own lives(and their family if they must) to save their enemies, the chaps who have taken the "turn the other cheek to its logical extreme...."
They are not surrounded by nukes pointing at them. And moreover unke sir par uncle sam ka haath hain.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
In fact Hamid Gul in a mullah function had declared a year back that there would be an attempt to topple Nawaz.

Imran Khan + Qadri = ISI de pithu

Imran Khan has screwed up NWFP.

parijataka

Country flag
One of my favourites G Parthasarathy on the discussion.

[video]http://headlinestoday.intoday.in/programme/pakistan-india-resumtion-of-dialogue/1/377880.html[/video]

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
@MadIndian @ladder and other debating GDP growth in nominal and PPP terms. The PPP calculation does not change much the growth rates, although it makes sense for total GDP calculation.

GDP(PPP)= deflator(PPP) * GDP($)

growth(PPP)= [GDP(PPP)_1 - GDP(PPP)_2 ]/ GDP(PPP)_2 =[ GDP($)_1 - GDP($)_2 ]/GDP($)_2

The subscripts denote two different year. As you can see the deflator cancels out from numerator and denominator. It would matter only for long run calculations where deflator(PPP)_1 != deflator(PPP)_2. In case of two consecutive years, the two deflators will be hardly different from each other. I would say, not much changes even in 10 yrs unless there are deep structural changes in the economy.

Last edited by a moderator:

ladder

Country flag
@MadIndian @ladder and other debating GDP growth in nominal and PPP terms. The PPP calculation does not change much the growth rates, although it makes sense for total GDP calculation.

GDP(PPP)= deflator(PPP) * GDP($)

growth(PPP)= [GDP(PPP)_1 - GDP(PPP)_2 ]/ GDP(PPP)_2 =[ GDP($)_1 - GDP($)_2 ]/GDP($)_2

The subscripts denote two different year. As you can see the deflator cancels out from numerator and denominator. It would matter only for long run calculations where deflator(PPP)_1 != deflator(PPP)_2. In case of two consecutive years, the two deflators will be hardly different from each other. I would say, not much changes even in 10 yrs unless there are deep structural changes in the economy.
Thanks,

deflator(PPP)_1 != deflator(PPP)_2 is generally when CPI is re-evaluated, right?

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Thanks,

deflator(PPP)_1 != deflator(PPP)_2 is generally when CPI is re-evaluated, right?
Yes. Basket of goods used to calculate CPI change over time and hence CPI. But there can be other reasons for change of PPP multiplier like inflation, movement of base currency(like $), etc.

Illusive

Country flag
With Pakistan politics in turmoil again, the talks were useless anyway. Pakistan neither is sincere in resolving the issue,evident from the meeting with the huriyant inspite of fore warning, the only person sincere could be nawaz sharif, but maybe thats why they want to throw him out.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
One of my favourites G Parthasarathy on the discussion.

[video]http://headlinestoday.intoday.in/programme/pakistan-india-resumtion-of-dialogue/1/377880.html[/video]
I don't know why these media idiots have to pretend naive all the time, vis a vis repeated reference given of what we were doing with Huriyat talking to Pakistanis before.

There have been many POVs coming from Indians trying to diagnose Modi's response. That dick head Karan Thapar is stressing more on Modi's so called U - Turn of cancelling the meet and hasn't uttered a single word why Pakistanis should meet Huriyat.

If I have to explain Modi's policy of J&K and Pakistan then in single line I can say, Modi is going China way.

I can foresee Huriyat participating in elections in future or thrown to oblivion (as long as Modi is PM).

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I am gone into 35th minute of Karan Thapar's programe now.

Anything pro Modi is repeated back to the guest (who so ever has spoken it) as it is his view. I think he is addressing his political masters watching the show, who might pull him for putting Modi in positive light, so he is making sure it doesn't happen.

His whole program has been driven from negatives (obviously from Pakistan side) against Modi which he made sure be carried forward to Indian panelists but any thing against Pakistan was not continued as part of his asking questions.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
They are not surrounded by nukes pointing at them. And moreover unke sir par uncle sam ka haath hain.
Pakis have been using terrorists since 1980s now and dint have nukes/proper delivery system before 2000 CE . Did we show balls of steel before that then?:rolleyes:

The truth of the matter is that Indians lack the balls when it comes to foreign policy because we have too much of WKK ass kissers. You dont have to search too much for running into them. I actually met a dog(a doctor dog at that) which criticized Vajpayee govt for mobilizing the army following the parliament attack for needlessly putting the nation on alert. I suspect some mongrels would rather sell off their daughters to pakis than fight them. I suspect years of slavery has ingrained that attitude into their heads and it reflects on their leaders elected by them

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I am gone into 35th minute of Karan Thapar's programe now.

Anything pro Modi is repeated back to the guest (who so ever has spoken it) as it is his view. I think he is addressing his political masters watching the show, who might pull him for putting Modi in positive light, so he is making sure it doesn't happen.

His whole program has been driven from negatives (obviously from Pakistan side) against Modi which he made sure be carried forward to Indian panelists but any thing against Pakistan was not continued as part of his asking questions.
India has no freedom of press. So why has not the Modi govt made sure that they crush these antinationals? Remember how much on the defensive the lefturd anchors were immediately following Modi's victory and look what they are doing now. I dont belive BJP are saintly angels of freedom who respect the freedom of expression of the media. So is modi govt so incompetant that even the media cant be managed? To say thay I am dosappointed at this govt is a massive understatement. Even the supposed "rightwingness" of the Modi seems to be such a baseless hype:tsk:

I really had hoped that the news channels would atleast start showing unbiased news coverage now that a right wing party is in power. If controlling those anti nationals is such an uphill task, a new news channel along the lines of fox news atleast should have been made. If Bjp continues neglecting their public image, then they will pay the price in the election soon

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
BJP president Amit Shah on Friday said that by calling off the scheduled foreign secretary talks, the Modi government has sent out a message to Pakistan that bilateral dialogue cannot be held if it continues to engage separatists in Kashmir vis-a-vis India.
As it does always, Pakistan sent an invitation to separatists (ahead of foreign secretary-level talks). No government had the courage to stop that. The Modi government sent a message to Pakistan that if you want to talk to separatists, you can't talk to India. I can proudly say that only a BJP prime minister can do that," he said.

Modi govt sent message to Pak by cancelling talks: Amit Shah : India, News - India Today
If the best the govt can do is cancel talks for such an incident, then I can only be amazed by the Indians. We truly are a supaw powah in the making

Ashutosh Lokhande

Pakis have been using terrorists since 1980s now and dint have nukes/proper delivery system before 2000 CE . Did we show balls of steel before that then?:rolleyes:
Dude pakistan had US's support just how israel now enjoys.
US wouldnt allow militarily actions by india in the 80's with there ally.

If you remove US support to israel and have nuclear armed pak and china as there neighbours. They would more or less do the same what india is being doing. Fighting diplomatically helping pak separtists etc etc ...

Ashutosh Lokhande

India has no freedom of press. So why has not the Modi govt made sure that they crush these antinationals? Remember how much on the defensive the lefturd anchors were immediately following Modi's victory and look what they are doing now. I dont belive BJP are saintly angels of freedom who respect the freedom of expression of the media. So is modi govt so incompetant that even the media cant be managed? To say thay I am dosappointed at this govt is a massive understatement. Even the supposed "rightwingness" of the Modi seems to be such a baseless hype:tsk:

I really had hoped that the news channels would atleast start showing unbiased news coverage now that a right wing party is in power. If controlling those anti nationals is such an uphill task, a new news channel along the lines of fox news atleast should have been made. If Bjp continues neglecting their public image, then they will pay the price in the election soon
You should strt watching INDIA tv more often. Modi govt already controls that channel and only pro modi and anti aap/congress views are projected.

ladder

Country flag
Well our NY/ Washington envoy should sponsor one day brain storming seminar on future of Balochistan or legitimacy of Durand line. And you know who all should be invited.

The Pak govt. resentment can just ''Pak Off"
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...baloch-question-manish-tewari.html#post936613

" When India can host the Tibetan government in exile in Dharamsala, should Balochistan be treated differently? Should India at least not bilaterally raise it with Pakistan? "

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
You should strt watching INDIA tv more often. Modi govt already controls that channel and only pro modi and anti aap/congress views are projected.
I was talking about the English MSMs. Even TN has a BJP aligned news channel called lotus tv news. But even the hardcore bjp fanboys of TN don't know about it! Whats the point then? Unless BJP takes over media the way CONgoons have, BJP will never be a serious political contender in the long run
@sasi heard of lotus news tv?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Dude pakistan had US's support just how israel now enjoys.
US wouldnt allow militarily actions by india in the 80's with there ally.

If you remove US support to israel and have nuclear armed pak and china as there neighbours. They would more or less do the same what india is being doing. Fighting diplomatically helping pak separtists etc etc ...
And ee had soviet support at that time. We can always give a lot of excuses to hide our impotence. It wont help us in any way. Forget pakis even SL can bully india and get away with it:rolleyes:

Ashutosh Lokhande

And ee had soviet support at that time. We can always give a lot of excuses to hide our impotence. It wont help us in any way. Forget pakis even SL can bully india and get away with it:rolleyes:
Regarding SL as per my view; our govt fears that they will join the china camp and give military bases to china. Which will hinder indias presence in IOR and will surround india with adversaries on all sides. Thats why our govt go's out of there way to maintain a cordial relation with them.
But at what cost? Thats the main question.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles