China Counterfeit Parts in U.S. Military Aircraft

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Chinese spare parts are being used.
It comes cheap even if it is dangerous to use them.
thus the traditional method of evaluating tender responses has to be modified - when companies from prc-dragon send in their tender responses , the cost of security risk should be factored in, the cost of parts deliberately failing has also to be costed in ,- only then would we get a true picture of the cost of buying prc-made goods - and then we can see more clearly that actually they are much more expensive so; no way are they cheap and no way are they value for money !

Last edited:

s002wjh

Country flag
its no big deal if its resistor, cable, capacitors or generic IC chips etc.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
There are now 3 threads on this subject.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
hurrah! Clever way to cut the yanks to size. In the future, us warplanes will be as reliable as chinese toys. What do you say now US :ka: ?

Last edited:

ice berg

No it does not form significant part of our GDP unlike China.

And this thread has nothing to do with India.
Consider the fact that India are buying military equipments from US, I will say it certainly does. Not to mention Indian counterfeits. There are already topics in other threads about this. Not my problem if you are unable to connect the dots.

And you are either lying or just ignorant if you think black market does not contribute to Indian economy.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Consider the fact that India are buying military equipments from US, I will say it certainly does. There are already topics in other threads about this.

And you are either lying or just ignorant if you think black market does not contribute to Indian economy.
We do not produce counterfeited goods which forms 8% of our GDP, thats just China.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles