What was China doing when Romans were in third century crisis

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What were the Chinese doing when the Romans were in the third century crisis?

Roman Empire during Crisis of the Third Century (235–285)

Map_of_Ancient_Rome_271_AD.svg.png

Chinese Empire during the Three Kingdoms Period(220-280)
Ax01820.jpg

Is it a coincidence?
i_f25.png

Azaad

Country flag

Satish Sharma

Country flag

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes it is bery beig coincidence Taiwan was not part of mainland back then neither today is
Very different from the history of India, most of the Chinese frontier territories(roughly two thirds) were obtained by military conquests.

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
When is she taking Taiwan he was talking alot did his a s s feared going for it..
Or instead looking for a tianmeng 2.0 of not that. Because people's attention need to be deviated somewhere else..
I don't know when. All I know is Taiwan is too strategic for PRC to lose.
i_f25.png
PRC loves Taiwan more than anyone else.
i_f25.png

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I was surprised by that fact Romans had more than 25 emperors in less than 50 years in the 3rd century. Even in the most extreme case of chaos, China never saw such frequent changes of emperors.

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I was surprised by that fact Romans had more than 25 emperors in less than 50 years in the 3rd century. Even in the most extreme case of chaos, China never saw such frequent changes of emperors.
I know there're essential differences between these so called emperors. The Chinese emperors generally did not lead an army and appointed the generals to do the job while the Roman emperors constantly needed to lead army in person, which is baffling. Diocletian's tetrarchy is probably the most ridiculous political system I have ever heard. How can you use four emperors to run one empire? It never worked! Two emperors would already be disastrous for the Chinese.

Azaad

Country flag
I know there're essential differences between these so called emperors. The Chinese emperors generally did not lead an army and appointed the generals to do the job while the Roman emperors constantly needed to lead army in person, which is baffling. Diocletian's tetrarchy is probably the most ridiculous political system I have ever heard. How can you use four emperors to run one empire? It never worked! Two emperors would already be disastrous for the Chinese.
Is the CCP's mandate of heaven ending ? If not why not , Chang ?

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
In some sense, I speak highly of Diocletian's tetrarchy and his personal willingness of giving up all of his power, which basically ended the third century crisis.

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
After reading the history of Romans & Persians, I lost in thought
i_f25.png

Global Defence

New threads

Articles