Indian nuclear submarines

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
That might be the Plutonium Recyling Project, a land based prototype of the Pressurised Water Reactor.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
It has been variously reported that the Reactor of Arihant will go critical soon. But as per my info, it went critical last year. The sub is ready in all aspects. The induction of Aridaman will be much faster than what is being stated.
Deck sir Garib Janta like us are always given news which is one year old. I am not surprised.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
If anyone follows the news snippets and a few stray quotes every now and then for the last 2 yrs, it is very apparent that there has been a cover up by DRDO & MoD. Maybe they want to test it's detectability by other navies in IOR

The timelines in recent news just doesn't add up. If we continue the timeline which fits in the consistency, Arihant reactor went critical and did the HATS with the reactor installed last year itself. SATS and WATS started from end of Feb 2013.

If you look at Google Earth historic image, it was last in the outfitting wet dock in Nov 2011. But in March 2012 its docked in the harbor under a cover. Last image was of Feb 2013 where it was still docked.

It has been variously reported that the Reactor of Arihant will go critical soon. But as per my info, it went critical last year. The sub is ready in all aspects. The induction of Aridaman will be much faster than what is being stated.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
If anyone follows the news snippets and a few stray quotes every now and then for the last 2 yrs, it is very apparent that there has been a cover up by DRDO & MoD. Maybe they want to test it's detectability by other navies in IOR

The timelines in recent news just doesn't add up. If we continue the timeline which fits in the consistency, Arihant reactor went critical and did the HATS with the reactor installed last year itself. SATS and WATS started from end of Feb 2013.

If you look at Google Earth historic image, it was last in the outfitting wet dock in Nov 2011. But in March 2012 its docked in the harbor under a cover. Last image was of Feb 2013 where it was still docked.
Arihant was build in cover wet dock, later it was shifted to pen which was covered, it was never kept out in open.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
It was built in the dry dock, but outfitted in the whitish concrete wet dock. By "harbor under a cover" i meant the covered pen (grey-blueish structure).

Arihant was build in cover wet dock, later it was shifted to pen which was covered, it was never kept out in open.

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
What ever or who ever ur source.He/She just played You buddy . I belive and Trust ifo of MoD not Urs .
ATV was our secret project, so secret that funding for it was not shown in budget. If you understand what i mean then you will understand that MOD dont have to share those details with others. Mind you Parliament can send people to jail for giving false statement in the floor of the house.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Add to above one Chief of Navy was removed from his post because he disclose existance of ATV.

H.A.

Does it mean that INS Arihant is already launched (unofficially)?.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
HA you want to check the sub in harbor with only battery power ?

if they take it on spin at night, they must have used something other then battery power.

Video i posted above shows that reactor is lower into the sub before completion, only the nuclear fuel is not put inside. After PM has officially given the sub to India, we had enough time to put in fuel and make it critical.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Arihant was "launched" in 2011. Yet to be officially "commissioned". Currently under SATS & WATS.

Mariner HK

Tihar Jail
Banned
Lol Am sorry sir @Deck lander .I have lots and lots of Respect for u Sir.You guys are our real Hero. And i just pointed out that Plant cant go critical unless its ready to load.I maight be unknow of the real facts.Hope Arihant start her Duty ASAP :india::grouphug2:
Deck lander is a ex-navy fighter pilot, served on Indian Navy flag ship INS Virrat..

Mariner HK

Tihar Jail
Banned
Thanks Very Nice info @arnabmit

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil

Country flag
Indian nuclear submarine INS Arihant features environment friendly water mist fire suppressants

New Delhi: INS Arihant, the Indian nuclear submarine features Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) made water mist fire suppressant instead of the ozone depleting Halons. CFEES (Centre for Fire, Environment & Explosive Safety), a DRDO unit has designed and tested generation of water mist to fight pool fires. A water mist fire suppression system generates water droplets to sustain fire sprinkler system with the help of nozzles.

The DRDO technology was validated for INS Arihant submarine in real scale 590 m3 cylindrical submarine fire simulation chamber. The simulation chamber was simulated as nuclear submarine compartment having four decks.
The pool fire and spray fire different heat release rate was created inside the chamber and suppressed with water mist system having internally mixed atomizer as mist generator. The validation was successfully carried out as per IMO Circ 1165.

The technology has been accepted by Indian Nuclear submarine program, the Advanced Technology Vessel program (ATVP), for induction in S3 and S4 submarines as a replacement to Halons.

http://frontierindia.net/indian-nuc...ly-water-mist-fire-suppressants#axzz2Uh3q3tSZ

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles