Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT) Mark II

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

I am waiting for some hires pictures from different angles ..

They have installed all electronics, And by looks extended the ERA to further on sides ..

----------------
@ersakthivel, would be happy so does many !

Last edited by a moderator:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

I am waiting for some hires pictures from different angles ..

They have installed all electronics, And by looks extended the ERA to further on sides ..

----------------
@ersakthivel, would be happy so does many !
All the unending gripes about weak side protection with storage boxes seems to have been addressed now.

it is a world class tank specially customized for indian operating conditions taking into all the needs of IA with world class crew protection , network centric tank of the E battle ground of tomorrow.

The day when it gets orders in thousands replacing lot of older tanks is not far. If that happens the 1800 Hp engine development will materialize leading to even better power to weight ratio with much higer indigenous content saving precious foreign exchange.

A game changer for cold start doctrine in south asian theater.

Arrayed in thousands ready for hunter killer role ,

with a much more accurate on the move firing ability ,in a fully air land battle mode,

on any terrain with much lower ground pressure per square inch than any other tank in south asian theater ,

it will send shiver down the spines of any force inimical to india.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
One more visual improvement is the diseal tank is taken out and mounted outside, Now that cavity will hold Armour ..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@Kunal Biswas sir, this is also interest to me (in pink color)

this is not here in original design

what is it ? ground penetrating radar

Some years ago talk about having this from Israel.

here is other system made by drdo

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Sir, That is what i am saying, Arjun MK1 have Internal fuel tank at lower frontal arc of the chassis, This fuel tank was additional reserve fuel ..

As MK2 has additional armour plate over the chassis this fuel tank is taken from inside and mounted outside of the tank ..

The space left inside is taken by Armour ..

One more visual improvement is the diseal tank is taken out and mounted outside, Now that cavity will hold Armour ..

What is it ? ground penetrating radar

Some years ago talk about having this from Israel.

here is other system made by drdo

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
super sexy looks even though the side profile is blocked by the logo. but i wish the radar and GMS be moved to the top of the turret to give it era cover to both sides of the turret front.i mean even though there is additional armour inside the turret behind the gms so ensure equal crew protection throughout the turret but this radar and gms are the most costly piece of equiment in the tank which would be damaged by a enemy tank ammo rendering the tank partially ineffective.

pmaitra

Sir, That is what i am saying, Arjun MK1 have Internal fuel tank at lower frontal arc of the chassis, This fuel tank was additional reserve fuel ..

As MK2 has additional armour plate over the chassis this fuel tank is taken from inside and mounted outside of the tank ..

The space left inside is taken by Armour ..
Mounted outside where? In the front as in the part highlighted by a pink box?

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

Why dont they move the laser warning counter measure system to the right? And the gunner sight up like in the older protoypes?

@Damian

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

it appears that the front left side structure appears to be laser warning counter measure system, it should work with the laser warning system on top (all four) from the second picture it appears that it gives out the direction from where the laser is point at and then it appears on the rugged display inside.

In T90S they have button if it is press then Tanks front part of the turret move to face it laser threat, they must have use the same thing, just put in counter measure, plus the hard part of tank face it.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
@sayareakd Sir, Thanks for sharing ..

But it remain mystery to me, Where they located the internal fuel now ?

indiatester

Country flag
@sayareakd and @Kunal Biswas,
Is this mine plough going to be fitted to every Arjun-Mk2?
My limited brains says that 2-3 tanks would be more than sufficient to take up the mine clearance activity while other tanks in the formation can follow with heavier weapons load.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@sayareakd and @Kunal Biswas,
Is this mine plough going to be fitted to every Arjun-Mk2?
My limited brains says that 2-3 tanks would be more than sufficient to take up the mine clearance activity while other tanks in the formation can follow with heavier weapons load.
true but now a days it is more important to have psychological edge over enemy, the very movement enemy see the MK-2 they should run away.

Plus if you see the video of the mine plough, if the infantry or anti tank crew are hiding close on trench with RCWS and plough can take out or bury them.

US has used this tactics in Gulf war.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles