World Military/Paramilitary/Special Forces

Killbot

Country flag
FN FAL is still a great rifle i don’t understand why the Army Replaced it with Crap called INSAS. If they just modernize and lighten the body and added stable full auto feature it would have worked perfectly.
No, INSAS design is pretty good. OFB worksmanship ruined it.

mupper

Country flag
Yeah, snipers/sniping is taken exceptionally seriously here....like tanks are for the Russians, it's our hat. More then half of our SF unit are trained snipers and in the reg army we have more snipers then there are posts to put them in. It's partially a traditional thing with our history of guerilla warfare etc.

mupper

Country flag
These are from the ARW's early 2010ish CT sniper course. the guy in the pics are Irish Rangers (duh:shock:) US amy SF. ironically he was an Irish army Ranger in they early 90's and after leaving traveled the World, arrived in the US got bored , joined the army and went into SF, went onto become the Chief instructor at the USASOC sniper school, that's why he was at this course.
The guys in French camo are from GIGN....this was the course that Indian Officer I mentioned attended recently.

Killbot

Country flag
Haha, tell me about it!!
I have one doubt, do the Brits like the Americans use their SMU/Tier-1 operators for PSD job???
Only for real VVIPs who are likely to get targeted. US used Delta for General Norman Schwarzkopf, who was very likely to be targeted by enemy forces in Iraq. Otherwise, they also probably use MPs.

A little off topic, but SAS is not an exclusively SMU, operators do the job of both 'Assymetric Warfare ('tier 2') forces and SMUs. Very versatile...

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Chinese Zhejiang Police Special tactical unit dive team.

Bro I made a separate Thread for World Police and Special Units. No problem, next time post it there!!

mupper

Country flag
Bro I made a separate Thread for World Police and Special Units. No problem, next time post it there!!
Oh god I'm too old to be keeping track of all these threads... :shock:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Yea I guess all INSAS Rifles should been given to a competent defense manufacture to be fixed and upgraded like the British did with there SA80/L85 Bullpup Rifles.
Excalibur is fine upgrade of INSAS, It is a great gun with poor metallurgy, furniture and quality control.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles