World Military/Paramilitary/Special Forces

airborneCommando

Country flag
Special Police Unit of Taliban (GCPSU)

View attachment 240431
Someone tell me this one thing, US army/marine corps std kit is far too different and in many cases inferior from this including communications/EW equipment aswell. What were the americans' motives with this ? This looks more like a new european country's Special Operations Unit with all this stuff all barbied up

rkhanna

Country flag
He was asking what was the motive to leave so much gear behind that even Marines kit is a notch below than this
IMO there was no real motive. Just the cost and hassle of taking low end gear back was not worth it given the withdrawal timeline. This kit on the Taliban is not a threat to America, nor in the grand scheme of things a great leap in capability for the Taliban over what they demonstrated in the battle leading up to the taking of Kabul.

for the Americans non issue for the rest of South Asia - catashtrophe in waiting.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
IMO there was no real motive. Just the cost and hassle of taking low end gear back was not worth it given the withdrawal timeline. This kit on the Taliban is not a threat to America, nor in the grand scheme of things a great leap in capability for the Taliban over what they demonstrated in the battle leading up to the taking of Kabul.

for the Americans non issue for the rest of South Asia - catashtrophe in waiting.
It already is catastrophic for us nvgs and thermals are making there way to kashmir already

rkhanna

Country flag
It already is catastrophic for us nvgs and thermals are making there way to kashmir already
Well honestly it has just hastened the process - nothing more. the Tech has become commodized and cheap - only a matter of time the money via (China/Pak/ME) flooded into the region and we saw the tech become more prevalent. - not to mention better comms, body armour, ordanance etc etc

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Well honestly it has just hastened the process - nothing more. the Tech has become commodized and cheap - only a matter of time the money via (China/Pak/ME) flooded into the region and we saw the tech become more prevalent. - not to mention better comms, body armour, ordanance etc etc
Yes and is the only reason why we ask our sf to be properly equipped and as a result we get dragged through ever social media as tacti cool fanboys (I got absolutely shit talked on telegram few months ago haven't said any word there since then) we gotta atleast keep up with our peirs in the region.

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
Someone tell me this one thing, US army/marine corps std kit is far too different and in many cases inferior from this including communications/EW equipment aswell. What were the americans' motives with this ? This looks more like a new european country's Special Operations Unit with all this stuff all barbied up
I believe much of that gear actually ended up on the black market rather than equipping Taliban's SF. Remember the reports of Taliban men stationed near pak border were firing ammo indiscriminately just so they can sell the scrap mental off the metal jackets

Secondly, majority of ANA SF fled the country and there might only be a handful who are equipped on the lines of what we see in these pictures compared to Paras numbering in the thousands. IA can still procure the leftover gear for units which see more action like Para-9 for pennies on the dollar but securing & justifying funding for backchannel procurements might be the harder part and IA's top brass having the sanity to realize such procurements are actually beneficial

airborneCommando

Country flag
Didnt understand this?

The passive agressiveness of this post lololol
My bad... I should have phrased my question more clearly. I intended to ask whether this kit was procured or manufactured for ANA/ANP's use exclusively since US army and USMC regular kit differs allot from what we're witnessing.

rkhanna

Country flag
My bad... I should have phrased my question more clearly. I intended to ask whether this kit was procured or manufactured for ANA/ANP's use exclusively since US army and USMC regular kit differs allot from what we're witnessing.
There is no way of knowing. Following senarious:

1. The original kit was sold off / already consumed by the Taliban forces to raise money initially and this is just a PR campaign by the Taliban with a few handfull of soliders for their Christmas Calender
2. Kit for the ANA was not just US reserves. Could also include NATO Reserves / and/or was bought on the open market via funds allocated to kitting up the ANA

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS

More bangle breaking material for the goys on the other special phorses thread.
This tweet was found by jimih
The Taliban not only stole the equipment but also badges, uniforms and unit identity from former Afghan National Army, Afghan National Police and NDS CI/CT and special mission units.

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
A German Navy KSM operator during a VBSS run

1708035679744.png

Dépiégeur d'assaut - GIGN assault bomb disposal unit

1708035754391.png

Algerian "Brigade de recherche et d'intervention"

1708035779151.png

Global Defence

New threads

Articles