Which Religion is most peaceful....

mayankkrishna

Country flag
I believe, all the religions have led spiritual enlightenment at one end, Organizing a social & family system at the other and thirdly for building nation and states it interfaced Gods and Icons for inspiration.

Any religion lacking in any of these aspects has found hard to sustain its popularity.

pmaitra

There are peaceful as well as radicals in most religions.

Sufis and ISKON followers are indeed peaceful. In contrast Wahhabis and organisations like Bajrang Dal and Shiv Sena are radical.

The same thing goes with other religions as well.

Regarding Buddhism, yes it is peaceful, but one look at conflicts in Thailand will tell that not all followers are peaceful either.

So, no stereotyping.

Marius Saturninus

Jainism and Buddhism(?).

the caste system, where those belonging to lower castes were(are/) not allowed to enter temples is the reason why hinduism won't figure among the two mentioned above.

caste system has, infact, much to do with religion.

Tianshan

I like "Buddhism".

But hard to say one religion is better or more peaceful than other.

Depends on follower.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
No religion is peacefull....No-religion is peacefull

Sabir

DFI TEAM
No religion now exist in its original form. Most of them got corrupted over times. People try to defend these corrupted versions. There are less atheist in world so less crimes committed by the name of atheism...

AOE

There have also been crimes committed in the name of atheism.
There is a problem assessing crimes in the name of atheism, since if we take the example of Christianity and Islam; you can attribute anti-semitism and persecution/killing of people from other religions as having a scriptural basis, where as atheism is only a couple of lines long in the dictionary, and doesn't endorse such acts.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
There have also been crimes committed in the name of atheism.
Equating communism to atheism would be wrong.

Communism is dogmatic as any other religious ideology, heck communism is actually religion 2.0

A religion doesn't necessarily have to include belief in god as one of it's tenets

Illusive

Country flag
Fighting is an instinct of not just humans, but every creature in this world. For us to attain peace between different groups, there has to be a consensus, which is almost impossible to be practical.

Religion was never needed for peace, but only created more obstacles for mankind to even get nearer to peace.

Reactions: AOE

Adux

Country flag
That Religion would be mine, I am the only one following it, and its between me and my God!

Rahul M

All religions are peaceful so long as those who believe in it believes in Peace.
well said. as a matter of fact by theoretical considerations only, communism should be a very peaceful religion (it is a religion with all the dogma of one, just one that has replaced a godhead with a set of ideologies) while in reality it is anything but. most religions would be completely peaceful if they had all buddhas as adherents.

sukhoi30mki

I found Buddhism is most peaceful religion, they dnt belive on magic things, aod stick to reality and truth and they give message of Non voilance,
but jains also got same so jainism and Buddhism,
both are very peaceful this are my neutral views correct me If I am wrong,
Jai Hind..

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I found Buddhism is most peaceful religion, they dnt belive on magic things, aod stick to reality and truth and they give message of Non voilance,
but jains also got same so jainism and Buddhism,
both are very peaceful this are my neutral views correct me If I am wrong,
Jai Hind..
Not this myth again...see sri lankas killing fields thread.

Like people have said in this thread followers of religion are different to religion itself.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Anything which control other can be a tool for domination now its religion or other..

Religion can be manipulated and can be applicable for those who are too blind to understand simple rules of life and Nature..

Religion is a path its upto the person to follow it righteously and its upto his intellect to understand what religions are based on..

A True believer can even rebel against gods if Gods are wrong!

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Well we from Indian world don't have religion so I guess this is pointless to have a discussion like this here. We have a way of life having different branches of though and philosophies.

Ancient Land

To be considered a major Religion it should have answers to most of the questions pertaining to the individual(soul), world(universe), & God and the inter relationships therein.
If I'm right, Buddhism doesn't believe in existence of God (mentions only of mind). As does Jainism I believe (believes that the universe, souls have always existed, and no mention of God). Hinduism on the other hand (again in my opinion), explains most questions regarding all of the above. Incorporates what is called as Shad Darshanas where every person can take his choice or cult of worship if you like (cult of Shiva, Vishnu, or for that matter without having the need of a deity/image/idol i.e. meditate on the Supreme without form attributes). Hinduism is more open source structured. It also explains much better about the origins of the universe itself (claiming the universe is billions of years old and is cyclic, etc.). Well, to put it briefly Hinduism has already answered many of the fundamental questions about the science (like building blocks of matter - it clearly mentions energy which modern science is now finding out in String Theory). Some of the brilliant quantum mechanics physicists like Erwin Shroedinger read Vedanta (Upanishads) and he was able to comprehend his theories better. Philosopher Schopenhauer also read Vedanta and understood them deeply. These are just two who came to my mind.
In the past Hinduism was not only rituals etc. but a study of science itself. Its no accident that some of the profound scientific & mathematics have had their origins where the Rishis had the divine revealations. I would like to call them Spiritual Scientists. The latest discovery being the sixteen sutras for Vedic Mathematics which were recently rediscovered by Shri Bharati Krishna Teertaji while meditating in the forests near Shringeri. It is claimed that Buddha was able to tell the value of pi to several decimal places. Jaina saints were very advanced in their mathematics. The Rishis talked of mind bogglingly large numbers like 10 to power 54 and had different names for such large numbers. How? Meditation, divine revealations I would imagine.
My point is any religion which answers the fundamental questions of ouselves & universe is called scientific in nature. And science is knowledge. With knowledge ignorance is banished. Ultimately leading one (or mankind for that matter) to Peace.
In my opinion Hinduism is the most peaceful. That is why it is called Sanathana Dharma (eternal).

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Well we from Indian world don't have religion so I guess this is pointless to have a discussion like this here. We have a way of life having different branches of though and philosophies.
Rightly said! I feel insulted when we get compared with these Abrahamic religions which with their monopolistic and holier than thou approach has corrupted meaning of word 'DHARMA' which people regularly translate to word Religion without knowing its actual meaning.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles