What military equipment would YOU like to see in the Indian Armed Forces

astrafan

Re: What military equipment would YOU like to see in the Indian Armed

I would like to see simplee cheap but effective weapons like RPG7s,more PKMs,reflex sights for standard rifles like AK and INSAS, and more helicopters in support and rescue roles in CT ops.
RPG7s are more light than carl gustavs and shipons plus,it needs just one man to operate and could carry 5 rounds by the operator itself,where as in case of carl gustavs even though they had more power it need two man crew and more heavy.More over RPG7 can fire most number of types of warheads than any other type of rocket launcher.
PKMs are lighter than brens and mag58s and are more reliable.
Providing reflex sights for those RR and COBRA guys will definitely enhance their lethality and marksmanship.
Providing more helicopters for ct ops means we could save many valuable lives
...with you on weapons list, and helo., i.e.: mobility.
Helo, in its current form is antiquated, grandma tech.
India can do better than some dumb rotating blade-wings.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

Some self propelled arty. Tracked one too.

Swift pounding would be great!:eyebrows:

lion

tomohawk cruise missile will be best....

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

We will get Nirbhay in a few years, why would we need Tomahawk?

tomohawk cruise missile will be best....

Kharavela

Country flag
Indian Soldiers need basic things first,indian army should start from bottom to top.It will be good if we provide complete body protection and rifles having good range and accuracy keeping cost in mind,rather than buying huge missle stalk piles which we are not going to use in near future and we already have enough of them to meet the needs for now.Better intellegence co-ordination ,armoured vehicles and better living conditions of our soldiers that should give a boost to their morale and belief in the country
I completely agree with you.

Blackwater

Some self propelled arty. Tracked one too.

Swift pounding would be great!:eyebrows:

This is better

Last edited by a moderator:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

This is better
Archar has auto loader (it appears so) but TATA gun (it appears so) does not have auto loader, these things come handy specially for MRSI.

Reactions: Kay

Blackwater

Archar has auto loader (it appears so) but TATA gun (it appears so) does not have auto loader, these things come handy specially for MRSI.

???? can u explain

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

???? can u explain
MRSI here explain

It can easily done by auto loader, crew will exhaust doing the same in manual loading plus accidents can happen.

Blackwater

MRSI here explain

It can easily done by auto loader, crew will exhaust doing the same in manual loading plus accidents can happen.

and foolish GOI has banned BOFORS

Blackwater

ur kind views on this

@ ray sir
@Kunal Biswas

Reactions: Kay

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

and foolish GOI has banned BOFORS
Bofors was a Swedish company. Archer is made by the Swedish branch of British BAE. BAE bought out Bofors long back.

Blackwater

Bofors was a Swedish company. Archer is made by the Swedish branch of British BAE. BAE bought out Bofors long back.
what stopping GOI and IA to go for Archer????

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

what stopping GOI and IA to go for Archer????
As per reports, IA doesn't want auto-loader as it is too complex.

Blackwater

Air Defense Systems S-400

Agustya

Country flag

Not equipment per say, but once India has an abundance of cash ( only a function of time), I would really like to see an Bikaner Elephant Corps. It would be a great allusion to the days of Asoka. Btw, it would be cool to march into enemy territory after their defeat on an Elephant.Imagine a General on an elephant, in a post war,defeated nation assessing battle damage. Sorry, I fantasize. Also, it would complete India's royal cavalry from the past : Horses, Camels, and finally - Elephants.

On a More Serious Note

India should invest in R&D and allocate funding that caters to the nature of warfare today - covert, low intensity conflicts. Invest in materials which will aid espionage.

Army - As far as J&K is concerned : There should be some remote-controlled snipers and remote controlled assault rifles on the LOC. That should be the first layer of defense. Moment a terrorist crosses the LOC, boom. Some guy sitting in ______ pulls the trigger via RC. Might I add that this should not take too long to implement. There is not too much IP involved in this besides the encrypted signals involved with pulling the trigger.

Also, there should be some 'mini' RC 1x1 meter tank like vehicles with armor piercing rounds patrolling the LOC. This too will be remote controlled. Camera's on these tanks would be placed in a way such that a 360 degree view will be given. This will be the second layer.

Humans should really be the third layer of defense. I want the situation to be such that human soldiers would come to places of infiltration and find a graveyard without them firing a single bullet.

Navy - The Navy should really be training the MARCOS for covert war. If the western neighbor insists with the proxy war, India should turn up the heat. The navy SEALs today are in a position to blow up point X (hotel, airport, high value target) in country Y and rendezvous with a submarine off the coast some time later. Total deniability. India needs that capability. I know this is more dependent on human skill, but technology must aid in this process.
Another thing on the priority list is a nuclear powered aircraft carrier.

Airforce - Am I the only person who feels like India should have paid US 10.4 billion dollars for the (50) JSF instead of the stupid Rafale (which is inferior to the Tejas)?

CRPF - Quadcopter drones with a mp7 mounted and night vision camera mounted on these . Go into the Jungles of Chhattisgarh with 1000 of these and give the Naxals an ultimatum. Send in the some tanks mentioned regarding the J&K problem.

Also, my heart goes out for the people serving in Siachen. I would really like DRDO to set up some solar powered heating facility if possible.

Thank you for starting this thread. I can finally imagine out loud, and be ridiculed.

lion

Information in these days of war, is very crucial game changer. Every single soldier should be connected to the command center from where soldiers can request for air support, bombings, medical aid's etc. Satellite spying, monitoring and live pic's, live video report of war etc. Drones. Latest drones with stealth capability, fitted with all sort of sensors, cameras, communication etc. Based on the information provided, strategy should be made and can counter any army.

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles