What is the meaning of your DFI name?

TrueSpirit2

I got empathically sick of diluted Gurgaon/Noida liquor & I say yes only to asli Dilli wali daaru.
Hence, True-Spirit2.

P.S. Suffix 2 added because Singh banned me twice, but that can hardly deter me. I come & go at my pleasure.

Another P.S. Everything said above is BS. The very idea the a name has to convey something deep & profound is nonsensical.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I got empathically sick of diluted Gurgaon/Noida liquor & I say yes only to asli Dilli wali daaru.
Hence, True-Spirit2.

P.S. Suffix 2 added because Singh banned me twice, but that can hardly deter me. I come & go at my pleasure.

Another P.S. Everything said above is BS. The very idea the a name has to convey something deep & profound is nonsensical.
Just accept you have nothing deep to offer!!

Reactions: sob

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Hence, True-Spirit2.

I once had a beer in gurgaon and it was like I was drinking water....
dilli ki daru rocks :)

Country flag
Years ago when I was in first Iraq war. We would get briefed and go thru the details of the mission. Afterwards the commanding officer liked to say we will succeed in this mission using all the lethalforce available to us. I always remembered it. I have always
Used this name thru 4 military forums and my trademark narashima avatar.

Last edited:

TrueSpirit2

Years ago when I was in first Iraq war. We would get briefed and go thru the details of the mission. Afterwards the commanding officer liked to say we will succeed in this mission using all the lethalforce available to us. I always remembered it. I have always
Used this name thru 4 military forums and my trademark narashima avatar.
In what capacity were you there ? Which other action did you participate in ? A-stan, as well ?

sob

Mod
Country flag
sob: S attends for the first letter of my name and OB stands for the first two letters of my surname.

This was the first user id allocated to me on my job and have stuck to it for nearly 22 years now.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
sob: S attends for the first letter of my name and OB stands for the first two letters of my surname.

This was the first user id allocated to me on my job and have stuck to it for nearly 22 years now.
What is with your Avatar pic? :shock:

ashdoc

Country flag
My name is my name though I have people telling me I am a non Muslim masquerading with a Muslim name [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no , i have met yusuf twice in person and can assure DFIans that he is indeed a shia bohra muslim by religion . because of this he is partial towards iran and believes saudi arabia and its wahhabi version of islam to be the root cause of islamic fundamentalism in the globe and feels that iran is not at fault as far as islamic extremism is concerned .

however his real partiality is towards india and he is a patriotic indian like rest of us .

Last edited:

ashdoc

Country flag
ashdoc consists of the initial letters of my name along with doc--because i am a doctor by profession .

J.A.

Militants
JarmOlle Arvola my first and second name my real name of course.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
i saw this post, and got reminded about this thread that i had spotted long back, in which i had thought to write later but forgot.

Saar, why nowadays my BP going through the roof and even you are now going to post such serious stuff. I'm too young to die :crying:

.......All this makes me completely lose any confidence I had in humanity as a whole. I was naive enough to believe people would think like me.

Thanks DFI for warning me before I became a full "revolutionary" :creepy:

If I could go back to myself five years ago, there will be :smash:
this above more-or-less conveys the meaning behind my handle. i've had misanthropic tendencies earlier, but mellowed down over time, however since past a couple of years, the nat'l-int'l scenario is ensuring that the propensities don't completely get doused. thus, i am 'grim'. and why a 'pilgrim'? that's because more than others i feel myself to be leading a vagabondish existence, or rather having multiple doppelgangers of self, each treading/swinging/shuffling (between) multiple paths seeking multiple 'things' at once, sometimes all merging in each other, sometimes getting divided like mad.

this 'eccentric' me i suppose is close to that type of human famously termed 'The Outsider' by the late Colin Wilson. :)

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
i saw this post, and got reminded about this thread that i had spotted long back, in which i had thought to write later but forgot.

this above more-or-less conveys the meaning behind my handle. i've had misanthropic tendencies earlier, but mellowed down over time, however since past a couple of years, the nat'l-int'l scenario is ensuring that the propensities don't completely get doused. thus, i am 'grim'. and why a 'pilgrim'? that's because more than others i feel myself to be leading a vagabondish existence, or rather having multiple doppelgangers of self, each treading/swinging/shuffling (between) multiple paths seeking multiple 'things' at once, sometimes all merging in each other, sometimes getting divided like mad.

this 'eccentric' me i suppose is close to that type of human famously termed 'The Outsider' by the late Colin Wilson. :)
Didn't understand what you wrote, but sounds very important!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles