Room service. Would you like a cleanup?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Tarun garu, room service already done.

SpArK

SORCERER
Oru chaaya 1 bonda.. allenkil 2 baji... fast.

peacecracker

Oru chaaya 1 bonda.. allenkil 2 baji... fast.
Bonda is called "Undan Pori" in Ernakulam Area. although Undan Pori is not exactly Thiruvithamkoor Bonda :lol:
Bonda in Ernakulam area means the One filled with Potato masala.

Another thing is, Kappa(Tapioca) is called Kolli,Poola etc in some areas.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
kalarippayattu kearala's own martial art

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Most fascinating!

Unbelievable dexterity and timing!!

Unbelievable!!

SPIEZ

Country flag
They showcased this art "the mother of all martial arts" very poorly in a show in discovery channel :( :( :(

S.A.T.A

Sata u r correct.The northern southern difference is not just between nairs.its among christians also plus ther is distinction between muslims also.The common thing is that irrespective of religion southern people are considered not to be trusted. Plus marriages are also not a welcome one.
This is gross calumny,i hereby swear in the name of all my Kalari Daivangal and my 'truthful and honest to a fault' Thekkan forefathers that i shall not wed a Vadakkan girl,even if i were to be offered a kings dowry.May this bheeshma vachanam be committed to the records for posterity.

Adux

Country flag
Who the fvck wants to marry a hairy mallu chick anyway! I am trying best to avoid that. lol ;)

S.A.T.A

They showcased this art "the mother of all martial arts" very poorly in a show in discovery channel :( :( :(
Malayalees have not fared any better in promoting the real Kalaripayyttu.Look at the movie Urumi,some times i wondered if it was Kalari or the Hong kong kungfu which was on display.Look at the traditional kalari exponents in the the videos above and the hero of the movie who looked like he walked into the movie from WWE ring.The trade mark physical characteristic of a Kalari warrior is to nimble footed and be light in the air.If you weighed a ton of muscles you'd be dead long before you drew the Urumi from your girdle

peacecracker

We have Kalaripayattu and Warriors for Centuries in Kerala. Is it true still We are Considered Peaceful people not Aggressive Enough like Punjabi or Pashtun People? We pioneered Chaver(Mamankam) among Others. Still?
This Martial Race C*ap is too much. Any Race Any group can become Aggressive provided they have the circumstances matching.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I have seen Malayalis being good businessmen. A lot of factories in Peenya Industrial Area where I once had a shop were owned by them. They are off course there in other industrial areas too.

But then biggest pain in the a*** for me these days is a guy who is distributor for the same brand I am but he is jumping regions and selling stuff with hardly any margin. I cannot believe what an idiot he is. He is driving away my retailers to other brands because of his bad policies and giving every Tom D!ck and Harry material and at same price irrespective of the quantity. What a pain.

Param

We have Kalaripayattu and Warriors for Centuries in Kerala. Is it true still We are Considered Peaceful people not Aggressive Enough like Punjabi or Pashtun People? We pioneered Chaver(Mamankam) among Others. Still?
This Martial Race C*ap is too much. Any Race Any group can become Aggressive provided they have the circumstances matching.
Martial race crap theory blew in faces of our racist colonial rulers when they and their chosen guys were shown the way out of SE Asia and China by 5 foot Japs during WW2.
So don't take it to heart.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Martial race theory is much like the Saiyan concept of Dragon Ball Z, romantic but fictional.

S.A.T.A

What ever the merit in the martial race theory espoused by the British,its however easy to think why the Englisher's did not have any hesitation in perceiving the Nair society as the one that fit their pet theory.In history of human society there are very few instances where the entire social structure,filial relationships,laws of inheritance,homestead and educations,almost every aspect of the life of a society was designed to aide its status as military class.The Nair society was one such.even the system of Marumakkathayam,which is peculiar not only to Kerala,but in the better part of traditional India,was likely the result of the Nair communities near permanent occupation with warring.

A traditional Naalu Kettu Tharavad of the Nairs was always based around a central kalari where the men and woman trained for years.One reason why the Nairs had remarkable success in maintain their military dominance over much of Kerala,esp when the land was surrounded by power kingdoms in Tamizagam and Karnatakam,must be attributed to the Nair Class.At a time when medieval Indian kingdom maintained peasant armies who were soldiers only by the season,they were not much of match for a small but a intrepid band of highly trained professional soldiers.When the British were busy expanding their power into the highlands of Malabar and the surrounding areas,its is said that East India Co's field commanders were specially instructed never to engage the Nairpada(army of Nair warriors) in the service of various kingdom of Malabar,in a hand to hand combat.

The Nair way of life came to an end with the arrival of the muskets and other long range fire arms.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ray

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Who the fvck wants to marry a hairy mallu chick anyway! I am trying best to avoid that. lol ;)
Adux ,then u must search matrimony columns from african dailies coz those black beauties are not much hairy as mallus are:)

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Malayalees have not fared any better in promoting the real Kalaripayyttu.Look at the movie Urumi,some times i wondered if it was Kalari or the Hong kong kungfu which was on display.Look at the traditional kalari exponents in the the videos above and the hero of the movie who looked like he walked into the movie from WWE ring.The trade mark physical characteristic of a Kalari warrior is to nimble footed and be light in the air.If you weighed a ton of muscles you'd be dead long before you drew the Urumi from your girdle
SATA one more derogatory mark against rajappan,then i will ....don't u know that he is the only superstar in the whole universe and english speaking brand ambassidor of whole indian films?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles