Veg vs Non Veg vs Vegan

What's your current diet?

• Total voters

justaguy

Country flag
Hindus are already divided on the basis of caste, language and regionalism which goes against our Scriptures. But let us discuss the new attempt to divide Hindus on the basis of their diet. There is an attempt being made that real Sanatanis are only vegetarians and nothing else. I find it to be completely stupid. The Gorkha warriors and Naga warriors who are worshippers of Maa Kali eat meat. Are they not Hindus? In fact they are more Hindu than those who make vegetarianism their entire identity.

Strict vegetarianism are for those who are Sanyasis, Sadhus, Rishis, Brahmins(by karma & qualities not birth). Now telling the common Hindu people that they are not Hindus just because they are not vegetarian is wrong. Also this whole idea that your entire "Dharam Bhrasht Ho gya" because you ate meat is paranoia at its best and make Hindus look like fools. If we were actually serious about Dharam, we would have first focused on cleanliness, developing Hindu institutions, unity among Hindus, fighting Jihadis etc and not get paranoid over eating meat. Eating meat during emergency times or to do highly physically intensive work is completely fine. Instead not giving our best performance for the sake of Vegetarianism is stupidity.

I find plenty of urban feminists who are vegan/vegetarian and curse Prabhu Ram and Maa Sita. Gandhi and Morarji Desai were vegetarians. And we all know these people are literally evil personified. So the myth of Vegetarians being good and non vegetarians being evil doesn't hold any water.

And please let's us not compare ourselves with literal deities like Shri Hanuman Ji and the Avatars of Bhagwan Vishnu and keep them out of discussion. They are beyond the modes of nature.

But I also must point out that places which have a non-vegetarian culture don't show much resistance against Jihadis and Missionaries compared to regions having good veg culture. So there's that. I have not come here to take any sides.

From age of 5-10 I used to take little bit fish, eggs, meat. From 11-18 pure Satvik Veg. From 18 to now 21, meat consumption 3 times a week according to our Hostel menu. But when I am at home, I am Satvik. And I have not felt any difference in my body strength. I don't see that eating meat during my teenage would have given me any advantage. What are your views? Also I don't want to get into discussion of which has more nutrients since it will be an endless fight of throwing research papers at each other from both veg and non veg side.

I decided to post this since I saw people fighting in comment section criticizing Neeraj Chopra over his decision of eating meat. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/kWoGo4Ee2e8

Also would like to know about your stance on Veganism.

Rango

Country flag
I am an eggetarian.

I hate animal torture, suffering and factory farming. Can't wait for lab grown meat to take over.

However, I would support a beef eating Paki terrorist killer Hindu over a vegetarian Kejriwal Hindu type.

A miserable cow causes me sadness. Most miserable South Asian Muslims do not.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles