Turkish defense industry news updates

tfxkaanf23

Country flag
I was waiting for this I don't understand How can you start a ramjet engine on ground like how is it possible if it isn't flying how can it even start ?
I find this very shaddy to believe
You tests engines on the ground first!! Even for aircraft engines,you test it on the ground before I stalling on any aircraft

tfxkaanf23

Country flag
You need air in enough speed!! If you provide that air above mach 1 -1,5,it will work. Have you not seen any ramjet tested on the ground??

Basic ramjet test below mach 1!! in university.
It only does not provide enough thrust ,but you can test it and see the necessary figures!!

Satish Sharma

Country flag
You need air in enough speed!! If you provide that air above mach 1 -1,5,it will work. Have you not seen any ramjet tested on the ground??
So there we go it simply means that engine has not been developed & tested too.
It is very easy to generate that airflow and light up a engine inside wind tunnel. But it is very difficult
To achieve that in mid air. There are many others things...
Can you achieve stagnation pressure in mid air ??
There are lot of things go in it..
It is very easy on ground facility to create favourable conditions and fire a ramjet..
Combustion stability is another issue. There is alot of difference in firing it in wind tunnel & in mid air..
Without combustion stability you cannot achieved stagnation pressure without stagnation pressure you can't run combustion chamber...
In that video you aren't even compressing the air but rather a pressurized air is pushed through it you need stagnation pressure at the inlet in order to compress air prior to combustion. For that do you have a successful inlet design ? Have there been testing of compression of inlet rather than just blasting air through it.
It is no where near first flight..
It only does not provide enough thrust ,but you can test it and see the necessary figures!!
Dude even I can do that in my garage give me some titanium and precision cutting tools.
If you're gokhan has been tested 100 times like this then good luck...
Even Americans gave up on aim152 and decided to evolve amraam..
Anyways was liquid fuel used or solid fuel...

Last edited:

Satish Sharma

Country flag
So there we go it simply means that engine has not been developed & tested too.
It is very easy to generate that airflow and light up a engine inside wind tunnel. But it is very difficult
To achieve that in mid air. There are many others things...
Can you achieve stagnation pressure in mid air ??
There are lot of things go in it..
It is very easy on ground facility to create favourable conditions and fire a ramjet..
Combustion stability is another issue. There is alot of difference in firing it in wind tunnel & in mid air..
Without combustion stability you cannot achieved stagnation pressure without stagnation pressure you can't run combustion chamber...
In that video you aren't even compressing the air but rather a pressurized air is pushed through it you need stagnation pressure at the inlet in order to compress air prior to combustion. For that do you have a successful inlet design ? Have there been testing of proper compression on inlet rather than just blasting air through engine rather, than inlets..
It is no where near first flight..

Dude even I can do that in my garage give me some titanium and precision cutting tools.
If you're gokhan has been tested 100 times like this then good luck...
Even Americans gave up on aim152 and decided to evolve amraam..
Anyways was liquid fuel used or solid fuel...

MysticBuzz

Country flag
Sorry !! Latest info for Gökhan missile is that its engine completed more than 100 tests on the ground.
We are not sure whether it started it's tests on the ground and in the air as a complete missile.
I have mistaken as Göktuğ project which is for Bozdoğan and gökdoğan missiles
This information is a few years old and is outdated. Tübitak SAGE is likely to have already completed the engine tests and transitioning to on-missile tests. I would say they'd fire the missile from surface to air by the end of this year(not official info, just a guess). The engine is liquid(gel based) ramjet and the missile will be similar to Meteor in terms of capabilities.

Another ramjet(solid fuel) engine was developed by Roketsan for AKBABA(anti-radiation) missile.

There will also be an anti-ship variation which we don't know its name yet.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Additionally, Pakistan is our friend country. We can provide almost all technology to them. But we also keep our secrets.
Like providing necessary algorithms for their projects. But we don't provide Turkish projects algorithms to keep Turkish projects secrecy
Secrecy my ass. You can't export shit without OEM's go ahead. Like you couldn't ship AW helis and engines, and F-16 upgrades were blocked by US. A few basic drones sure because Motor Sich is not in a position to care about where the engines end up. You keep adding stickers to stuff and insist they are Turkish developed.
We want Pakistan to be in our TFX project to increase total number of aircraft built hence aircraft cost decreases further. More over , TUSAŞ has 200 Pakistani engineers in Pakistan. They are given some works to be conpleted. They are not access to Kaan directly. They are given some engineering works ,so they work on them.
Same for maleysia. TUSAŞ has engineering office in Malaysia, they are working on some avionics of hurjet and anka.
TUSAŞ is doing this to sell it's products to these countries and distribute non confidential engineering works to these countries nationals,hence confidential works can be performed by its own national engineers.
Hence,getting rid of non confidential engineering works to give confidential ones to Turks
Quite the wealthy and reliable partner you found. I'm sure this will go as well as Indonesian participation in KF-X program.

Azaad

Country flag
Secrecy my ass. You can't export shit without OEM's go ahead. Like you couldn't ship AW helis and engines, and F-16 upgrades were blocked by US. A few basic drones sure because Motor Sich is not in a position to care about where the engines end up. You keep adding stickers to stuff and insist they are Turkish developed.

Quite the wealthy and reliable partner you found. I'm sure this will go as well as Indonesian participation in KF-X program.
Turkish claims apart , it's a brilliant marketing tactic. You offload low tech work off , give countries a stake , just so they think it's their project too irrespective if they financially contribute , just for boasting rights & voila whatever the merits of your platform tomorrow if that country opts for a better platform they'd have a hell of difficult time rejecting an "indigenous " product for the outrage it'd create within their populace .

It also gives Turkey the liberty to charge an arm and a leg to such partners. Perhaps our people can learn a thing or two from this strategem.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Turkish claims apart , it's a brilliant marketing tactic. You offload low tech work off , give countries a stake , just so they think it's their project too irrespective if they financially contribute , just for boasting rights & voila whatever the merits of your platform tomorrow if that country opts for a better platform they'd have a hell of difficult time rejecting an "indigenous " product for the outrage it'd create within their populace .

It also gives Turkey the liberty to charge an arm and a leg to such partners. Perhaps our people can learn a thing or two from this strategem.
All that strategy falls apart when the west will block any selling of KAAN to Pakistan. PAF wanted the j31 and they are gonna get it. Turks are fighting for dominance in a chinese colony in the name of ummah 🤣

Azaad

Country flag
All that strategy falls apart when the west will block any selling of KAAN to Pakistan. PAF wanted the j31 and they are gonna get it. Turks are fighting for dominance in a chinese colony in the name of ummah 🤣
I haven't followed the program closely but one reason why Turdogan has initiated a slew of such defense projects is he wants Turkey to be independent of any outside influences of the kind you've mentioned which is why he's going the whole hog which also includes R&D & eventual mfg of TFs. Whether Turkey succeeds or not is a different matter.

Moreover when has the West not propped up Paxtan with arms or finances. Please show me a single decade where arms supply or support of any kind to Paxtan from the West has been zero. It keeps ebbing & flowing depending on how much the West needs Paxtan & as we rise in the global order, how much they want to cut us down to size.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
I haven't followed the program closely but one reason why Turdogan has initiated a slew of such defense projects is he wants Turkey to be independent of any outside influences of the kind you've mentioned which is why he's going the whole hog which also includes R&D & eventual mfg of TFs. Whether Turkey succeeds or not is a different matter.

Moreover when has the West not propped up Paxtan with arms or finances. Please show me a single decade where arms supply or support of any kind to Paxtan from the West has been zero. It keeps ebbing & flowing depending on how much the West needs Paxtan & as we rise in the global order, how much they want to cut us down to size.
He wants to be outside of any influence but in the end they just increase western influence more on their MIC. Remember when pakis wanted turkish attack chopppers and US blocked it? Now imagine that in a stealth jet containing various western hardware being shipped to pakistan only to get into chinese hands.

Azaad

Country flag
He wants to be outside of any influence but in the end they just increase western influence more on their MIC. Remember when pakis wanted turkish attack chopppers and US blocked it? Now imagine that in a stealth jet containing various western hardware being shipped to pakistan only to get into chinese hands.
But that's precisely my point . He's building up capabilities to the point where Turkey is no longer reliant on external sources principally the West.

The KAAN is a case in point. As per the Turks here except the TF & ejection seats everything else is planned to be built in house. Even the TF is planned to be developed in house . As I've pointed out at this point we can't say if they succeed or fail & if they succeed, what would be the quality of that TF ?

But the very fact that they're ambitious & acting on that ambition is noteworthy. Besides Turkey is no Paxtan. They actually have the industrial depth to make this possible. At a later date than they may have planned perhaps but at the rate they're going they will get there even if they're late

I've also argued why US ban on exports of such items need not & will not be a permanent feature.

Last edited:

tfxkaanf23

Country flag
This is normal against Russia. Still Ukrainians use them from safe distances to monitor and target. They can get visuals from , and light targets from 100km.
Russia has AWACS , and many aircrafts to monitor air hence tb-2 or other UAVs with small speeds prone to be destroyed.
Still they are used time to time.
They bombed many tanks in the first days of the war.
More over, Ukraine does not have sophisticated ew systems to operate them under well protected areas.

tfxkaanf23

Country flag
Our first aim was to get as much as technology from our attack helicopter project,when it was initiated. We also got its export licenses from Augusta Westland. We have installed our components ,our avionics and our softwares. With the technology gained, we have started our own helicopter programs.
We have seen that we also need our own engine on our platforms. We have started our own engine program long before we deal with Pakistan to export. Still we have exported atak helicopter to other 2 nations.
We started testing our own engine which will replace current atak helicopter engine last year in our gokbey helicopter.
To be independent ,of course you need to have your own engine. Kaan domestic engine project also started because of the obstacles we will face with current USA engines

Ts-1400 project explanation.

First test flight of ts-1400 on gokbey helicopter

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles