Ties fail to take off, China out of Indian Show

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag
^^ I would second SHASH2K2 on this. PRC was better kept out of this. While we can respect them, we need to subtly tell them that we are not too happy with their conduct in recent times.
No QUALMS ABOUT IT.It would have been a bold stance had we Not invited them for the show,and I think the key could be the TRADE relations that changed GOI's late change of mind.

A.V.

No Chinese journalists allowed for Aero-India show

February 3, 2011

New Delhi, Feb3 (TruthDive): In what appears to be yet another low in the Indo-Chinese relations, the Ministry of Defense(MOD) has refused visas to Chinese journalists who wanted to cover the upcoming aero show in Bangalore. The Ministry of External Affairs has asked the MOD not to invite Chinese Air Force to take part in the show.

http://truthdive.com/2011/02/03/india-denies-visa-to-chinese-journalist.html

A.V.

manc i came across this news for journos specially not for the merchants , might be an issue with some formal papers will be sorted out at the earliest

SHASH2K2

No QUALMS ABOUT IT.It would have been a bold stance had we Not invited them for the show,and I think the key could be the TRADE relations that changed GOI's late change of mind.
Ram unfortunately we are not able to extract anything from Chinese even on trade front. Trade is heavily balanced in their favor and yet they want more access to our market while giving nothing in return . In short its a complete mess that we have created ourself by lackluster approach.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Guys, guys. Those who are saying that we are not allowing Chinese delegates to come because of US pressure are simply either sleeping or not following the news for past several months. If you remember carefully Lt. Gen. Jaswal was banned from coming to China and co-host what would have been our second joint military wargames with Chinese. ANd apart from that, the Indian delegation to weight lifting championships had an Arunachali and earlier in the Asian games had a Kashmiri origin Indian(s) who were given stapled visas.

What do you make of this? This delegation refusal was simply because of a tit for tat message. Nothing more. Nothing less. There is no US pressure and US is bringing its raptor on their own part with our consent to participate. We are not paying them and nor are they going to sell it to us. So they want to use the Raptor to show off their capabilities on their own accord. If China politically was our friend today like other countries without meddling in our problems, we would have invited them regardless of what US thinks.

Nothing would be better than having better ties between China and us but unfortunately their geo-political elements, loose border commanders and a rather shady and cold policy makes this difficult. If Kickok1975 had been CCP chairman, a lot could have changed. :)

You all know that no matter how much the Not-so-Singh and Co. love kissing US feet, there is a thing called opposition in India and judging by current unpopularity of ruling government over more than 2 dozen local issues, I don't think the GOI would want to bring in too much politics in an Air Show of all the places.

Iran was regarded as our friend and we have always had strong ties with them until now when Khamenei decided to get loose tongued about separatists/terrorists in the state of J&K and how "Muslims should help them". I am willing to understand that the man knows little about foreign policy since he and his clerics spend more time enforcing religion in their country than on tables of rational politics, but he being the current supreme leader of Iran means it becomes an international provocation. Hence the issue.

Now I am sure you all even if not aware of the above two, must know why Pakistan is not invited. Or should that be explained as well? :D Kidding.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
not a friendly move.
Oh yeah? Is THIS friendly then?

The Mandarin Riddle

Or this?

Chinese Chicanery

Oh wait... this might be very friendly right?

China refuses to accept J&K as India's core issue

Maybe I don't know about friendship, but this surely has to be friendly:

China Refuses Visa to Indian General in J&K

Now this one has to be surely, certainly friendly:

China calls PoK as North Pakistan

No no no.. what am I doing? This one will, has to be, surely friendly:

China to continue with stapled visa for J&K

I am doing it all wrong!!! THIS is what I call friendly! :D :

Chinese troops enter Ladakh, threaten workers

Man, I am still not able to understand the meaning of love, peace and friendship. Can you please help me?

JayATL

The Mandarin Riddle

Or this?

Chinese Chicanery

Man, I am still not able to understand the meaning of love, peace and friendship. Can you please help me?
That was simply an awesome summary !- ain't more to say after that. Other than India once again showed absolutely no Izzat ! and back tracked while china stood its ground and continued all the actions above.

Last edited:

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag
The Mandarin Riddle

Or this?

Chinese Chicanery

very creative..Highlighted all issues in few sentences..jai Ho..Tshering:D

@SHASH2K2
Ram unfortunately we are not able to extract anything from Chinese even on trade front. Trade is heavily balanced in their favor and yet they want more access to our market while giving nothing in return . In short its a complete mess that we have created ourself by lackluster approach.
I knew Trade balance favor them However I couldnt pick a reason why there was a late change of Mind from GOI .Maybe you are r right if its not Trade somethng else

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
i think a BJP government would have had more GUTS !!

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
i think a BJP government would have had more GUTS !!
The problem is, BJP is saddled by political and short-sighted people as well. But they are far more fierce and assertive in national security matters, basically the lesser Devil.

However, I am sure that they will be much better on foreign affairs vis a vis our neighborhood. Under NDA, we never had to cower down like the pathetic PM and his remote control (Madam Maino and Puppy Rahul).

JayATL

The problem is, BJP is saddled by political and short-sighted people as well. But they are far more fierce and assertive in national security matters, basically the lesser Devil.

However, I am sure that they will be much better on foreign affairs vis a vis our neighborhood. Under NDA, we never had to cower down like the pathetic PM and his remote control (Madam Maino and Puppy Rahul).
I Know I always bring my analogies back to what would happen in the US. That's because , hey that's what I know well !- I 'm sure there other equally assertive countries out there. . But yes, if this kind of crap went down in the US. the Media opinion heads would fillet obama a new Arse! - this is got to be one of the most embarrassing foreign policy moments.

This is basically saying, come spit on us, then kick us and when we are down, piss on us and when we get up - we will give you a garland around your neck! moment ( perhaps an overtly exaggerated analogy- but damn, what a bunch of PU___Y's. bleh!

Last edited:

pmaitra

These two posts, were the posts I enjoyed the most. Must get the hall of fame.

Thanks guys!

not a friendly move.
We're not trying to be 'friendly' with our strategic interests.

The Mandarin Riddle

Or this?

Chinese Chicanery

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
no love for me ? you bastard! :D
well i might have liked your " prison cell " title ..... had you not complained !!!

Last edited:

debasree

Country flag
why they are so eager to come,for collect data of our future weapon systems and pass them to pakis

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles