The Syrian Crisis

pmaitra

I used it in reference to a specific situation. Why you used it is a mystery.
I used your usage of the word "example" to show the proliferation of radicalism and attacks on minorities. Nothing mysterious about it, if you see the link, i.e..

pmaitra

Syria unrest: Fierce clashes erupt near Aleppo airport

Fierce clashes have erupted near the international airport in Syria's second city of Aleppo, officials say.

State news agency Sana said the army was tackling rebels who had targeted airport operations. Unconfirmed reports say it has temporarily been closed.

There have also been air strikes on several suburbs of Damascus as the army battles Free Syrian Army rebels there.
Sana reported that units of the Syrian army were clearing the areas surrounding the airport.
One airport official told Agence France-Presse news agency the runways had been closed for a "very short period of time", adding: "There have been continued attempts by opposition militants to target civilian aircraft, which could cause a humanitarian disaster."

The UK-based opposition activist group, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, said it had been told that an explosion had hit a civilian plane taking off on Saturday, though it had no more details.
Source: BBC News - Syria unrest: Fierce clashes erupt near Aleppo airport

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
But one thing is clear the French ego won't stand up against Assad without Uncle's support. All those amazing footages of French warplanes bombing Gaddafi forces were only possible because Uncle has suppressed Lybian air defences. The AMericans did not even put any of their super carriers close to Lybian territories so as not to outshine the lone French nuclear powered CDG carrier...

Last edited:

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Proud that we voted alongside Russia and China on this issue.

So far so good. America won't touch either Syria or Iran as long as Putin is in charge.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Well Russia is not really propping up Assad for altruistic reasons... :rolleyes:
Altruism unnatural no government in the world.. Simply, me it seems to, about it it is not needed proudly to talk aloud.

JBH22

Gaddafi promised much, but delivered little.

US and UK didn't arm twist there way to MMRCA victory. :laugh:

btw Areva has signed 3 power transmission contracts already. They need rebuilt infrastructure before they get nuke plants.

Sarko restored France as the preeminent power in Europe and Africa. Libya and Cote d'Ivore showed how much power China has = ZILCH. They could do nothing to stop our ouster of their puppets. 50,000 Chinese are sent back home unemployed and tens of billions of investment lost. Gbagbo's Chinese built palace was leveled by French missiles as a testament to their weakness.

IC provides half of the world's cocoa. It is an important commodity as its products are a $200 billion industry.

Nah, it was French forces bombing him and surrounding his palace that got him out.

We will keep passing more laws against them, if that doesn't get them to leave we will deport more than we do now.

He won't have any presence there now, he is ordering the evacuation of all Russian nationals. France is quite active in the region with a brigade in Lebanon training rebels, agents throughout the country and CdG off the coast.

I have no evidence or reason to believe he lied.

What?!? France doesn't support Assad. Anyone supporting that butcher is the terrorist lover.
It all sums up to western hypocrisy of supporting Freedom last time there was support for soldiers of god in Afghanistan against Russians it yielded a medieval Astan with Talibans.
I don't mind so long these savages ransack the streets of Paris,London or New York but obviously it will not be the case given that their patron are there instead they will turn their tide on small countries who will suffer more of destruction,loss of life.
I wonder how western media makes its population eat that sh!t that these are freedom fighters

I guess if a jihadi monger so long it does fight for western interest its good irrespective it kills,plunders others. Yeah so much for freedom fighters supported by France,Qatar,Turkey and Saudi Arabia,indeed a coalition for peace and freedom of religion.

Last edited by a moderator:

IBSA

Country flag
Syria video shows stabbing and stoning blamed on Assad militia

Published on Wednesday January 02, 2013

BEIRUT- Internet video posted by Syrian rebels appears to show fighters loyal to President Bashar Assad stabbing two men to death and stoning them with concrete blocks in a summary execution lasting several minutes.

Assad's forces and rebels have both been accused of atrocities in Syria's 21-month-old uprising-turned-civil war. The United Nations says the authorities and their allied militia have been more culpable.

Reuters could not verify the provenance of the footage or the identity of the perpetrators and their victims. The video was posted on Tuesday but it was not clear where or when it was filmed. However it does clearly show a summary execution and torture, apparently being carried out by government supporters.

At one point, one of the perpetrators says: "For God's eyes and your Lord, O Bashar," an Arabic incantation suggesting actions being carried out in the leader's name.

The video was posted on YouTube by the media office of the Damascus-based rebel First Brigade, which said it had been taken from a captured member of the shabbiha, a pro-government militia made up mainly of members of Assad's minority Alawite sect.

International media have often used videos provided daily by rebels even though it is difficult and frequently impossible to verify their contents. The government tightly restricts media access in Syria, where 28 journalists were killed last year.

The graphic video of killings begins with a group of captive men huddled against a wall in a room filled with broken masonry. Most wear jeans and t-shirts pulled up over their heads, covering their faces.

Five armed men in camouflage uniforms and holding assault rifles stand behind them, one of whom turns to the camera to grin and wave. Several captives are led out the room, leaving two men huddled against the wall.

A tall, bearded soldier with dark sunglasses and a black Nike baseball cap lightly slashes at the men's backs with a knife. Two others hand their guns to their comrades and unsheathe knives.

One of them, a shorter man with a beige cap, turns to the camera and waves his knife with a flourish. The soldiers slash and then start to stab the captives, who shake and groan.

A close-up shows cuts through one victim's blue sweater to his bare skin. Blood starts to flow down his back. The other victim falls to the ground.

The soldiers show off for the camera, smiling for close-up shots and slicing at the men's backs. They start stabbing the men more deeply and violently in the back and side. The captives fall to the ground.

One of the stabbed men is still moving when a soldier throws a large piece of broken masonry on his head. Others follow suit until the men are almost completely covered in concrete bricks, now stained with their blood.

The soldiers walk away and one slaps his hands together to remove the dust.

IBSA

Country flag
Syrian troops arrest 4 Turkish fighter jet pilots in Aleppo

PressTV - Syrian troops arrest 4 Turkish fighter jet pilots in Aleppo: Paper

Syrian Army troops have reportedly arrested four Turkish fighter jet pilots near a military airport in Syria's northwestern province of Aleppo.

The Turkish pilots were arrested by the Syrian troops at the Koerc military airport while trying to sneak into the airfield with the help of a militant group, Arabic-language newspaper Al-Watan reported on Monday.

The report gave no further details on the development, but said the incident attests to Turkey's direct involvement in the Syrian conflict.

Tensions have been running high between Syria and Turkey, with Damascus accusing Turkey - along with Saudi Arabia and Qatar - of backing a deadly militancy that has claimed the lives of many Syrians, including security and army personnel.

In an interview with the Turkish daily Cumhuriyet in July, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said Ankara "has supplied all logistic support to the terrorists who have killed our people."
Syria has been experiencing unrest since March 2011.

The Syrian government says the chaos is being orchestrated from outside the country and there are reports that a very large number of the militants are foreign nationals.

pmaitra

Syrian Army troops have reportedly arrested four Turkish fighter jet pilots near a military airport in Syria's northwestern province of Aleppo.
I'd use the Taliban tactic. Instead of arresting them, I'd summarily execute them, and send their severed heads back to Turkey. Serves them right.

Turkey has not declared war on Syria, so no question of Geneva Convention. In any event, Geneva Convention belongs in a garbage bin.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
All I can say is that Turkey is doing a bad job at overthrowing Assad. Turkey is not yet ready to be a superpower (they should stop acting like one). But no doubt in my mind that Assad will eventually fall.

pmaitra

I wonder how western media makes its population eat that sh!t that these are freedom fighters
The Western population isn't eating this sh!t at all, and many news channels are restricting their comment pages because too many readers are calling their governments out. Everybody knows these rebels scums, and their handlers from the Euro-capitals and the financiers in the al-Wahhab-al-Saud alliance.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
All I can say is that Turkey is doing a bad job at overthrowing Assad. Turkey is not yet ready to be a superpower (they should stop acting like one). But no doubt in my mind that Assad will eventually fall.
Assad will fall and alawites exterminated

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

IBSA

Country flag
I'd use the Taliban tactic. Instead of arresting them, I'd summarily execute them, and send their severed heads back to Turkey. Serves them right.

Turkey has not declared war on Syria, so no question of Geneva Convention. In any event, Geneva Convention belongs in a garbage bin.
What is said those 4 pilots would go steals Syrian fighters, then bombing civilian areas to commit massacres, and after it to condemn Assad by the attacks.

After all, midia's camera could film only the Syrians fighters, not the turkish pilots inside them.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Assad will fall and alawites exterminated

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Don't think so. Alawaites will move to coastal part of Syria which has Alawaite majority and they can get supplies through Russian ships.

pmaitra

What is said those 4 pilots would go steals Syrian fighters, then bombing civilian areas to commit massacres, and after it to condemn Assad by the attacks.

After all, midia's camera could film only the Syrians fighters, not the turkish pilots inside them.
Oh yeah, that is very likely. Even the rebels massacred civilians in Houla and blamed it on Assad.

pmaitra

@Singh and @Daredevil,

I don't know what will happen, but I sure hope the Alawaites regroup in the coastal cities and give a good hammering to these Salafi nutjobs.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles