The Syrian Crisis

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Armand we are simply not ready to take over responsibility for Syria if the Americans leave .. in 2022 or 2023 maybe when our new « Scorpion » army is ready.
the way I see it the French and the Brits should take complete responsibility for Syria and the lavant why? the answer is simply because you started the whole damned mess

Flame Thrower

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Last edited:

Tactical Frog

Country flag
We are ready now as we are only responsible for the Kurdish areas East of the Euphrates, they have their own army for us to command. We only need to ensure that anyone who attacks them is wiped out while they will fight Daesh.
Yeah I know it is a nice plan ... but to make it work we need to move there something like the size of we have in Niger and Mali. I am afraid we lose too many men to IED without the new Jaguars and Griffons . And we need to move Tiger helicopters there too.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Yeah I know it is a nice plan ... but to make it work we need to move there something like the size of we have in Niger and Mali. I am afraid we lose too many men to IED without the new Jaguars and Griffons . And we need to move Tiger helicopters there too.
There are currently 13,000 soldiers actively deployed in Metro France doing the work of security guards, send them to Syrie and let the Gendarmerie deal with the homeland. YPG will be dealing with IEDS, we are watching the flanks for Turkey and SAA across the river.

Flame Thrower

Never mind, I was just so surprised I imagined the chemicals could be just fertilizers. So you have a source. Southfront :facepalm:

EDIT No kidding. Syrian Army is the source. Just wow.
We're you expecting a source from white helmets or Al Bashira(media wing of Jabat Al Nusra a Terrorist group in Syria).

Isn't South Front better than some Tom Dick & Harry's imagination!!?? After all they're gathering info from on the ground folks. When it comes to Syria, I trust it more than BBC or CNN.

I've also heard the same story from other groups, can't confirm their sources though.

If you want I can give those links too

Chimpoo

Country flag
So,who did it -the rebels or Assad ,given that western intelligence suggest they both have the capability to manufacture chemical weapons?
Feel free to check out the Serymour Hersch article linked in my previous post.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v35/n24/seymour-m-hersh/whose-sarin

Chemical weapons were openly and repeatedly used by Saddam Hussein against the Iranian forces and Iraqi and Iranian Kurdish population centres, during the Iran-Iraq War(1980-1988), After all,wasn't the need to rid the world of these weapons of mass destruction given as the chief justification for the 2003 Iraq Invasion(which,incidentally, France,under President Chirac wanted no part of)?

If ,as reports indicate, elements of ex-Saddam era Iraqi Ba'athists with military training comprise a good part of the the most effective fighters against Assad in Syria ,it stands to reason that some of these may have the expertise and experience to make chemical weapons.

prohumanity

Country flag
The fact is that Iraq invasion gave birth to ISIS and Syria bombing and invasion might create another ISIS.
Regime changers don't get it...they are creating more terrorists by destabilizing governments and legitimate leaders.

Butter Chicken

Country flag
US conducts missile strikes and air strikes across multiple targets in Syria.Official statements to come soon

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
What happened to iron circle of S400 protecting Syrian Sky ?

30 missile strike , only 10 were stop.

B1B bombers, rafales and all.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles