The Syrian Crisis

prohumanity

Country flag
-Seems like things will start calming down as right now the tempers are hot in US,UK and France but Russia, Iran, Turkey and Syria are not budging . Interestingly, China is silent ...hardly any statement.

This stealth conflict might simmers but may not rise to full scale war due to risk of escalation to Nuclear weapon use.
Don't forget, Turkey is still a NATO country...just like Paki..who is still "most allied Non NATO ally" (atleast on paper)

In order to really escalate this War....US, UK and France ..all three have to be on same page.

Flame Thrower

What is going to happen is that France will strike Assad's chemical weapons facilities. If Russia tries to stop it then we will see what happens.
We all know the story of Iraqi WMD.

The same goes to Syrian Army's chemical weapon facilities.

Did you ever wonder why a retreating millitant force was attacked with chemical weapons when SAA didn't even use the conventional firepower from last 2-3 days!?I'll come back on Chemical weapons later, right now let's discuss the intent for attacking a retreating force.

Why SAA advised by Russia will attack a retreating force, when they are actively trying to negotiate their retreat!?

There are too many pockets still left and many more retreats are going to come in the future. Attacking a retreating force will only make things harder and force SAA to clear every pocket. Which will take lots of time and effort. Why would SAA do that!?

And who benefits from SAA attack on the retreating millitants, not the Russians and certainly not the SAA. Then who!!??

America was planning to pull of it's forces and suddenly a chemical attack happens.....what a coincidence..!!??

The best part is US headed the destruction process of Syrian Chemical weapons. If I remember correctly the operation was a huge success. Ok for the time being let's assume that traces of chemical weapons were left and being used by the SAA...!!!

40 tonnes of chemical weapons were left by retreating rebels. Did western media cover this story, I wonder why!? I couldn't find any source, if you have any please do post it.

https://southfront.org/40-tons-of-chemical-weapons-found-in-areas-liberated-from-militants-in-syria/

In the Eastern Gohuta retreat, one of the groups didn't agree for retreat. What are the chances that they have used chemicals in the attack. We will never know. This attack will not be properly investigated. But will be used as propaganda...........

God knows how many more lives will be lost in the name of Gas pipe line from Qatar to Europe......

Sometimes I feel that Oil/Natural Gas is the bane of ME.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
We all know the story of Iraqi WMD.

The same goes to Syrian Army's chemical weapon facilities.

Did you ever wonder why a retreating millitant force was attacked with chemical weapons when SAA didn't even use the conventional firepower from last 2-3 days!?I'll come back on Chemical weapons later, right now let's discuss the intent for attacking a retreating force.

Why SAA advised by Russia will attack a retreating force, when they are actively trying to negotiate their retreat!?

There are too many pockets still left and many more retreats are going to come in the future. Attacking a retreating force will only make things harder and force SAA to clear every pocket. Which will take lots of time and effort. Why would SAA do that!?

And who benefits from SAA attack on the retreating millitants, not the Russians and certainly not the SAA. Then who!!??

America was planning to pull of it's forces and suddenly a chemical attack happens.....what a coincidence..!!??

The best part is US headed the destruction process of Syrian Chemical weapons. If I remember correctly the operation was a huge success. Ok for the time being let's assume that traces of chemical weapons were left and being used by the SAA...!!!

40 tonnes of chemical weapons were left by retreating rebels. Did western media cover this story, I wonder why!? I couldn't find any source, if you have any please do post it.

https://southfront.org/40-tons-of-chemical-weapons-found-in-areas-liberated-from-militants-in-syria/

In the Eastern Gohuta retreat, one of the groups didn't agree for retreat. What are the chances that they have used chemicals in the attack. We will never know. This attack will not be properly investigated. But will be used as propaganda...........

God knows how many more lives will be lost in the name of Gas pipe line from Qatar to Europe......

Sometimes I feel that Oil/Natural Gas is the bane of ME.
Trump has begun his withdrawal from Syria and handed it over to French command. We have a responsibility as a leading power to assure the world that the use of WMD will not be tolerated. All evidence is being carefully analysed, if it comes out positive then Assad will be the first recipient of Scalp McDN .

Flame Thrower

Trump has begun his withdrawal from Syria and handed it over to French command. We have a responsibility as a leading power to assure the world that the use of WMD will not be tolerated. All evidence is being carefully analysed, if it comes out positive then Assad will be the first recipient of Scalp McDN .

Careful what you wish for......

By the way if you're to loose at least one capital ship deployed in mediterranean sea, then what would that be!?

After destroying SAA assets what will french do!!??

If the destruction of SAA assets result in recapturing of Syria by ISIS, would that be ok to french people.

Does french govt will put boots on ground to save Syria from ISIS!!??

If so you as a veteran how many would be needed!!!??

By the way home many Syrian refugees had taken shelter in France!!!?? Would you add more to the existing numbers!!?? And how long do you think these refugees should stay in France if SAA to ISIS due to french intervention!!??

Flame Thrower

@Armand2REP 40 tonnes of chemical weapons were left by retreating millitant forces.

Was this news broadcasted in your country!?

You as a leading super power in the ME, how do you want to respond to millitants using chemical weapons!!??

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
@Armand2REP 40 tonnes of chemical weapons were left by retreating millitant forces.

Was this news broadcasted in your country!?

You as a leading super power in the ME, how do you want to respond to millitants using chemical weapons!!??
It is possible the gas attacks were perpetrated by Turkish backed FSA rebels. If the evidence links them we will have to strike FSA and liberate Afrin. Either way we are going to need those extra troops.

Flame Thrower

It is possible the gas attacks were perpetrated by Turkish backed FSA rebels. If the evidence links them we will have to strike FSA and liberate Afrin. Either way we are going to need those extra troops.
Turkey controls Afrin area.

Would you attack a NATO ally!!??

I feel that you're deliberately missing my questions.

You didn't answer some of my questions.

Would you care to answer the below question!?

Was the news of retrieving 40 tonnes of chemical weapons from the rebel held areas broadcasted by your MSM!!??

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Turkey controls Afrin area.

Would you attack a NATO ally!!??

I feel that you're deliberately missing my questions.

You didn't answer some of my questions.

Would you care to answer the below question!?

Was the news of retrieving 40 tonnes of chemical weapons from the rebel held areas broadcasted by your MSM!!??
FSA controls Afrin, if they are using chemical weapons we attack them. Turkey must disavow.

idk anything about your 40t of chems.

prohumanity

Country flag
We need to analyse this "chemical weapons attack" in a logical way.

Assad was gaining territory and ISIS was on the run for last few months. He was very close to gaining control of his entire nation....WHY would he use chemical weapons when victory was so close to him ?

Just 48 hours before the chemical weapon stuff, Erdogan, Putin and Iranian leader had a meeting and declared that terrorists of all types will be attacked and destroyed. (the videos of this are on you tube)

Next, 24 hours before chemical weapons attack, Trump said "we are getting out of Syria very soon."

So these three parties seems to have no interest in escalating and creating a mess at this last moment.
That leaves us with a logical conclusion...The chemical weapons attack was sponsored and carried out by a power
who does not want peace in Syria with Assad still staying the president.

Who that force can be ? Rebel group sponsored by a country who wants chaos and further weakening of Syria, Turkey and Iran...and put a dent in Russian power...Goal of this power might be to become undisputed ruler of middle east....think hard who it can be ? Any suggestions ?

Chimpoo

Country flag

Here is an interesting article by one the most respected investigative journalists alive,Seymour Hersch(the first journalist to report the My Lai massacre,during the Vietnam War) from the London Review of Books, about the 2013 Syria sarin attack.

According to classified western intelligence reports,seems western-backed jihadi groups in Syria have developed the capability to manufacture chemical weapons, such as mustard gas and sarin.

"Barack Obama did not tell the whole story this autumn when he tried to make the case that Bashar al-Assad was responsible for the chemical weapons attack near Damascus on 21 August. In some instances, he omitted important intelligence, and in others he presented assumptions as facts. Most significant, he failed to acknowledge something known to the US intelligence community: that the Syrian army is not the only party in the country’s civil war with access to sarin, the nerve agent that a UN study concluded – without assessing responsibility – had been used in the rocket attack. In the months before the attack, the American intelligence agencies produced a series of highly classified reports, culminating in a formal Operations Order – a planning document that precedes a ground invasion – citing evidence that the al-Nusra Front, a jihadi group affiliated with al-Qaida, had mastered the mechanics of creating sarin and was capable of manufacturing it in quantity. When the attack occurred al-Nusra should have been a suspect, but the administration cherry-picked intelligence to justify a strike against Assad."

Already by late May, the senior intelligence consultant told me, the CIA had briefed the Obama administration on al-Nusra and its work with sarin, and had sent alarming reports that another Sunni fundamentalist group active in Syria, al-Qaida in Iraq (AQI), also understood the science of producing sarin. At the time, al-Nusra was operating in areas close to Damascus, including Eastern Ghouta. An intelligence document issued in mid-summer dealt extensively with Ziyaad Tariq Ahmed, a chemical weapons expert formerly of the Iraqi military, who was said to have moved into Syria and to be operating in Eastern Ghouta. The consultant told me that Tariq had been identified ‘as an al-Nusra guy with a track record of making mustard gas in Iraq and someone who is implicated in making and using sarin’. He is regarded as a high-profile target by the American military.

In both its public and private briefings after 21 August, the administration disregarded the available intelligence about al-Nusra’s potential access to sarin and continued to claim that the Assad government was in sole possession of chemical weapons. ........Samantha Power, the US ambassador to the UN, told a press conference:‘It’s very important to note that only the [Assad] regime possesses sarin, and we have no evidence that the opposition possesses sarin.

While the Syrian regime continues the process of eliminating its chemical arsenal, the irony is that, after Assad’s stockpile of precursor agents is destroyed, al-Nusra and its Islamist allies could end up as the only faction inside Syria with access to the ingredients that can create sarin, a strategic weapon that would be unlike any other in the war zone.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v35/n24/seymour-m-hersh/whose-sarin

So,the question is this: which group or groups in Syria, have-not only the the capability-but the motive to launch such an attack?

The motive does not seem to be there for Assad. After all,he has more or less won his war after years of battle . Why use chemical weapons to receive worldwide condemnation and face armed intervention, from the most advanced and powerful military machine the world has ever seen?

Last edited:

Flame Thrower

FSA controls Afrin, if they are using chemical weapons we attack them. Turkey must disavow.

idk anything about your 40t of chems.
I think you've started to study about Syrian crisis recently(only days ago).

It takes time to understand what's going on. I am sure you'll get it.

For starters, those 40t chems are not mine.
They were captured from fleeing rebels. A veteran should be able to understand this.

Media is always used as propaganda tool, when NATO and it's allies want to portray Assad as a cruel man who used gas to kill. Why would the same media say that rebels were manufacturing them in masses!!!!???

NATO just want to portray rebels as freedom fighters and show that they're on the good side.

But are they!!??

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I think you've started to study about Syrian crisis recently(only days ago).

It takes time to understand what's going on. I am sure you'll get it.

For starters, those 40t chems are not mine.
They were captured from fleeing rebels. A veteran should be able to understand this.

Media is always used as propaganda tool, when NATO and it's allies want to portray Assad as a cruel man who used gas to kill. Why would the same media say that rebels were manufacturing them in masses!!!!???

NATO just want to portray rebels as freedom fighters and show that they're on the good side.

But are they!!??
The bottom line is Assad said he destroyed all of his chemical weapons in 2013, the fact they are still there shows he lied. For Russia to claim they recovered 40t of sarin gas they should have destroyed long ago is their fault. We are not going to play games with them anymore. It is time to test our cruise missiles and destroy their WMD programme once and for all. Rebels manufacturing WMD do not have those resources, it takes more money than they have.

Flame Thrower

The bottom line is Assad said he destroyed all of his chemical weapons in 2013, the fact they are still there shows he lied. For Russia to claim they recovered 40t of sarin gas they should have destroyed long ago is their fault. We are not going to play games with them anymore. It is time to test our cruise missiles and destroy their WMD programme once and for all. Rebels manufacturing WMD do not have those resources, it takes more money than they have.
Careful what you ask for.....

Coming to Assad's WMD, their destruction process was headed by USA. And the project is considered to be a success.

40 tonnes of chems we're recovered from rebels on March 18 2018, not long ago.

And coming to games, you (French) will play as commanded by Potus. Care to disagree!!??if so, then please explain in a convincing way.

If I remember correctly, French had pride that they were not Lieutenant of America, I wonder what they will become now!!??

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Careful what you ask for.....

Coming to Assad's WMD, their destruction process was headed by USA. And the project is considered to be a success.

40 tonnes of chems we're recovered from rebels on March 18 2018, not long ago.

And coming to games, you (French) will play as commanded by Potus. Care to disagree!!??if so, then please explain in a convincing way.

If I remember correctly, French had pride that they were not Lieutenant of America, I wonder what they will become now!!??
If you remember correctly you would know that Russia vetoed JIM 11 times from investigating Syria's chemical weapons activity. They said they were taking control of it so they are responsible.

It is clear neither Russia nor the Assad regime can be trusted to handle their affairs concerning WMD, so it is up to us to remove that capability regardless of all the grandstanding Russia wants to do.

Macron has stated if the evidence is present he would strike with or without the United States. Just as Rafale saved Benghazi from massacre before Obama could get out of bed or liberate Mali before he had an official position. When the US Congress changes French Fries to Freedom Fries because we did not want to invade Iraq tells it all.

Chimpoo

Country flag
Given India's experience with the Razakars of East Pakistan and the Taliban of Afghanistan,I suspect it is difficult for most forum members to get enthusiastic about Islamist death squads,funded and trained by America's Muslim,allies,even if the victims are mostly Muslim,themselves.

Besides, Russia has been India's long term ally,since independence, and Syria's sponsor,Iran, is meant to be India's vital strategic partner in the Middle East .

Given previous form, the Indian government will be staying well out of this whole mess.

Last edited:

Tactical Frog

Country flag

Armand we are simply not ready to take over responsability for Syria if the Americans leave .. in 2022 or 2023 maybe when our new « Scorpion » army is ready.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Armand we are simply not ready to take over responsability for Syria if the Americans leave .. in 2022 or 2023 maybe when our new « Scorpion » army is ready.
We are ready now as we are only responsible for the Kurdish areas East of the Euphrates, they have their own army for us to command. We only need to ensure that anyone who attacks them is wiped out while they will fight Daesh.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles