The Mexican president says his country has proof that illegal shipments of the powerful opioid drug fentanyl are arriving from China.

Azaad

Country flag
I was wondering was there any book or script from Maya left till now? I really want to read some of them.
I think the biggest sin is destroying their culture in the name of God.

In a single act of wanton zealotry, the Spanish friar Diego de Landa burned, by his own account, 27 priceless Maya screenfold manuscripts in front of the church in the 4,000-year-old town of Maní, on the Yucatan peninsula, on the evening of July 12th., 1562. It was an attempt to erase in the minds of the Maya peoples the memory of their gods and ancient beliefs. In this, it failed, dismally. Here is the eloquent testimony to this, ‘The Fire Blunders’, written by the world famous Uruguayan author Eduardo Galeano, taken from his masterpiece Memory of Fire...

View attachment 203775

https://a.co/d/cfsOk2v

IMG_20230509_082923.jpg

This used to be the definitive book about the history of Mexico but it's now dated. Certain information contained here was since updated rendering views here obsolete, certain information was inaccurate & some information blatantly false but this still makes for a damn good read & a very good primer for those interested in the history of Mexico.

The Spanish come across here as ghoulish, greedy, rapacious, genocidal, men of Christ. Their souls truly will be damned & have no redemption for what they did to the Indians there.

I've read the book long ago but didn't manage to complete it which reminds me that I should.

@MiG-29SMT

rockdog

Country flag
If you really want to know that be unbias, mistakes happen in any war, however there are facts already known

Spain did bring many new technologies and knowledge to the Americas, some maya documents were destroyed however the Maya as well as the Aztecs did not know some technologies used by the Spanish.

By the way Galeano is one of most biased authors.

Regardless what you want to present, Spain was not what Galeano presents, Spain enacted a law where all native Americans were humans, thus conversion was a duty since they had souls and Spain`s duty was save them.

The natives also ruled them selves they needed to pay taxes, if you want to believe the lies written by the british, which is what you are repeating.

Go to new York and tell me how many native Americans you see, later go to Mexico city and tell me how many you see.
View attachment 203777

New york mostly whites

View attachment 203780

Mexico city mostly brown people

Answer is simple Spain never killed the Native Americans since in Mexico there are close to 25 million of them and close to 80 million Mestizos half spanish half native american proving Galeano a very poor authour with no shread of veracity
I studied bible for 3 yrs when i was in Europe, with some protestants friends, i think i understand the religion somehow.

If British uses the same narratives to describe how they brought civilization and new technologies to India, will our Indian members here get angry or happy?

Colonism is Colonism, and they are powered by the faith of God, this is history. Even you want to paint it colorful, go and ask the kings and people killed by Francisco Pizarro like people and theirs priests, do they agree with you.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
https://a.co/d/cfsOk2v

This used to be the definitive book about the history of Mexico but it's now dated. Certain information contained here was since updated rendering views here obsolete, certain information was inaccurate & some information blatantly false but this still makes for a damn good read & a very good primer for those interested in the history of Mexico.

The Spanish come across here as ghoulish, greedy, rapacious, genocidal, men of Christ. Their souls truly will Ben damned & have no redemption for what they did to the Indians there.

@MiG-29SMT
your assertion is pretty false and I will put you a very simple modern example.

Drug dealers kill, got it? their religion is killing and their rituals are satanist/ I can assure the Aztecs were not different, most of the crap history presented by Galeano is because he does not tell you facts any person with decency knows
1683601410322.png

Jeffry Dammer a modern canibal

Can you imagine having hundreds like him killing people and eating people doing human sacrifice

When you really understand that you will understand why Spain brought peace to the americas

1683601573589.png

Human sacrifice is a barbaric practice, drug dealers keep skulls of their victims, but you seem too like Galeano forget the human sacrifice and canibalism is barbaric

Last edited:

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
I studied bible for 3 yrs when i was in Europe, with some protestants friends, i think i understand the religion somehow.

If British uses the same narratives to describe how they brought civilization and new technologies to India, will our Indian members here get angry or happy?

Colonism is Colonism, and they are powered by the faith of God, this is history. Even you want to paint it colorful, go and ask the kings and people killed by Francisco Pizarro like people and theirs priests, do they agree with you.

watch a recreation by the movie apocalipto of a human sacrifice by the Mayas, when you watch it and you say Spain by forbading human sacrifice and canibalism was wrong it shows your bias is to defend any barbaric behavior just to attack Europe for being white people.

For me the Aztec were savages in their religion was barbaric and I do not condon it the Drug dealers are as brutal as the aztecs in that regard

MiG-29SMT

Country flag

The indigenous ancestors used human flesh in the stew. Aztec priests would make human sacrifices to their gods, offering up the heart and using the rest of the flesh for a ceremonial pozole. After the Spanish conquest, Spanish rulers outlawed cannibalism, and so pork was used in replacement of human flesh in pozole.Jan 12, 2021

come continue saying Galeano is a great Author

Azaad

Country flag
The indigenous ancestors used human flesh in the stew. Aztec priests would make human sacrifices to their gods, offering up the heart and using the rest of the flesh for a ceremonial pozole. After the Spanish conquest, Spanish rulers outlawed cannibalism, and so pork was used in replacement of human flesh in pozole.Jan 12, 2021

So in effect what you're saying is the Spanish conquistadors didn't like pozole with human flesh & came all the way from Europe across the Atlantic to Mexico only to change that one ingredient replacing it with pork.

In the bargain if millions were killed unintentionally or intentionally, due to diseases, wars of conquest & retribution, genocidal wars, forcible conversion of local population to Christianity, cultural genocide etc & the Spanish helping themselves to the enormous silver mines , these were all the unintended consequences of the fact that the Spanish conquistadors didn't approve of the Aztecs using human flesh in preparing pozole coz they didn't like the taste & didn't approve of cannibalism.

Yeah, we totally get it .

There can be no doubt that physical violence was a constant feature of Spanish and Portuguese colonialism in Latin America. Far from being uniform, however, the form and extent of colonial violence varied considerably between different regions and time periods. The paper discusses these differences and relates them, among other things, to the character of the native societies as well as to the different systems of economic exploitation the colonizers used. In another section, the patterns of violent protest against colonial rule will be discussed where periods of relative "peacefulness" alternated with times of massive violence. Beyond this, it is argued that alliances between Europeans and indigenous groups played an important role in the establishment and preservation of colonial rule. Emphasizing native complicity in the colonial system by no means absolves Europeans from their responsibility for colonialism in Latin America as such or, more specifically, for the bulk of colonial violence. However, in view of the fact that the Spanish and Portuguese remained a small minority throughout most of Latin America up to the end of the colonial period, this aspect seems crucial to the understanding of how colonialism was possible at all. In a concluding section the long term consequences of the colonial violence and its legitimizing ideas after independence will be discussed.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
So in effect what you're saying is the Spanish conquistadors didn't like pozole with human flesh & came all the way from Europe across the Atlantic to Mexico only to change that one ingredient replacing it with pork.

In the bargain if millions were killed unintentionally or intentionally, due to diseases, wars of conquest & retribution, genocidal wars, forcible conversion of local population to Christianity, cultural genocide etc & the Spanish helping themselves to the enormous silver mines , these were all the unintended consequences of the fact that the Spanish conquistadors didn't approve of the Aztecs using human flesh in preparing pozole coz they didn't like the taste & didn't approve of cannibalism.

Assertions need proves

I will tell you what is true and not,

Jeffrey Dammer was a criminal, canibal and killer.
1683604515975.png

The Aztecs were worse since the government had a policy of wars to collect slaves, yes the aztecs had slaves, and among those slaves some were eaten

1683604017007.png

1683604032158.png

what government was similar to the aztecs? yes nazi germany since both the Aztecs and Nazis had policies to kill people, some in concentration camps, the aztecs kill them in temples

Human skulls from human sacrifices by aztec priest and government
1683604165175.png

Of course You support Galeano

Tell since you know a lot of mexican history why for almost 300 years there were peace in Mexico?

You know the Spanish kept the peace and while Spain was no inocent the crimes were done by individuals and there was at least no more human sacrifiece nor canibalism, the standar of living went up so much that by 1810 there were millions of Native americans, pure falsehood by Galeano and his british masters

MiG-29SMT

Country flag

tell Galeano this archeological discovery

since the nazies were more recent they say holocoast but the aztecs did the same

Azaad

Country flag
Assertions need proves

I will tell you what is true and not,

Jeffrey Dammer was a criminal, canibal and killer.
View attachment 203806
The Aztecs were worse since the government had a policy of wars to collect slaves, yes the aztecs had slaves, and among those slaves some were eaten

View attachment 203796

View attachment 203797

what government was similar to the aztecs? yes nazi germany since both the Aztecs and Nazis had policies to kill people, some in concentration camps, the aztecs kill them in temples

Human skulls from human sacrifices by aztec priest and government
View attachment 203799

Of course You support Galeano

Tell since you know a lot of mexican history why for almost 300 years there were peace in Mexico?

You know the Spanish kept the peace and while Spain was no inocent the crimes were done by individuals and there was at least no more human sacrifiece nor canibalism, the standar of living went up so much that by 1810 there were millions of Native americans, pure flasehood by Galeano and his british masters
What has Jeffrey Dahmer & the Nazis got to do with what the Spanish conquistadors did to the native Indians in Mexico?

Or are you still promoting the view that because the Aztecs were a particularly brutal lot & practised ritual human sacrifice & cannibalism, the Spanish conquistadors, all men of Christ were outraged, decided to get on a boat, cross the Atlantic & help the non Aztec Indians there & in the process they happened to help themselves to all the wealth there, spread the word of Christ, ban human sacrifice & cannibalism, ban native religions traditions languages & cultural practices?

Well we're on the same team then. That's exactly what I wrote here & in the post you've quoted. The Spanish under Cortez were a bunch of do gooders. Why weren't they canonized or even beatified by the Catholic Church remains a mystery? Perhaps you can tell us why wasn't Cortez & his companions canonized? After all they brought the message of the Christ to the heathen barbarians there? That's the least the Latin Church could've done for them.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
What has Jeffrey Dahmer & the Nazis got to do with what the Spanish conquistadors did to the native Indians in Mexico?

Or are you still promoting the view that because the Aztecs were a particularly brutal lot & practised ritual human sacrifice & cannibalism, the Spanish conquistadors, all men of Christ were outraged, decided to get on a boat, cross the Atlantic & help the non Aztec Indians there & in the process they happened to help themselves to all the wealth there, spread the word of Christ, ban human sacrifice & cannibalism, ban native religions traditions languages & cultural practices?

Well we're on the same team then. That's exactly what I wrote here & in the post you've quoted. The Spanish under Pizarro were a bunch of do gooders. Why weren't they canonized or even beatified by the Catholic Church remains a mystery? Perhaps you can tell us why wasn't Pizarro & his companions canonized? After all they brought the message of the Christ to the heathen barbarians there? That's the least the Latin Church could've done for them.
You do not want to see history, you think of those native americans sacrifice like a number a fairy tale, they were people as those killed by the Nazis or Jeffrey Dammer, they were killed brutally, eaten by their killers excatly like Jefreey Dammer did to his victims, but the Aztecs were a Government, in fact they say they usually killed thousends, even some spanish were sacrificed, but galeano forgets that.

Basically the Aztec had a government like Nazi Germany

Spain brought peace, in fact all the science from the old world was brought by the Spanish.

I have both bloods, but Even I have native american blood I am not stupid, what the aztecs did was wrong.

Spain was a better civilization with wrongs certainly they were not perfect but they were much more civilized

The incas also had slaves and practivced human sacrifice

Azaad

Country flag

Azaad

Country flag

tell Galeano this archeological discovery

since the nazies were more recent they say holocoast but the aztecs did the same
But that's precisely what I've pointed out. Cortez & his conquistadors conquered the Aztecs because they wanted to end these barbaric practises. Whatever benefits they derived out of it was all incidental! Their main purpose was to deliver the non Aztecs from their plight & to spread the word of Christ. It's a total shame, none of them were canonized.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag

There are plenty of articles on why Mexico has been ab extremely peaceful society since the Spanish conquest of Mexico till date. Make Google your friend.
Plenty of history true but Mexico had another name we were called New Spain and by the way did you know we had even currency the Chinese empire wanted?

Spanish silver and gold coins became the preferred currency of international trade for over 300 years, with millions of coins struck annually in Spain and its colonies, especially in Mexico and Bolivia where the most productive mines were located. The most common trade coin was the silver 8 real piece, known as a Spanish dollar, and its common fractions, the 4, 2, 1 and ó real. Gold coins were based on the escudo, which was equal to 16 dollars, and were produced in 8, 4, 2 and 1 escudo denominations.

The Spanish dollar was first struck around 1500 in Spain to conform with new thalers being struck in Germany and the Netherlands. They were uncommon until the flood of silver from the New World began in the 1530s. There are two basic types of New World Spanish coins – crude, hand-struck “cobs” of the early period through the 1770s, and later machine struck pieces (known as “milled coins”) starting in 1732. These coins could be found everywhere in Europe, Asia, Africa, the New World and Oceania, frequently becoming the basis for local coinage.

Did You Know?
The Spanish 8-real coin was the basis for the U.S. dollar – and Spanish dollars and their fractions remained legal tender in the U.S. until 1857. Memories of this time are still preserved in terms such as “two bits” referring to a quarter dollar – originally equal to 2 reales.

Azaad

Country flag
You do not want to see history, you think of those native americans sacrifice like a number a fairy tale, they were people as those killed by the Nazis or Jeffrey Dammer, they were killed brutally, eaten by their killers excatly like Jefreey Dammer did to his victims, but the Aztecs were a Government, in fact they say they usually killed thousends, even some spanish were sacrificed, but galeano forgets that.

Basically the Aztec had a government like Nazi Germany

Spain brought peace, in fact all the science from the old world was brought by the Spanish.

I have both bloods, but Even I have native american blood I am not stupid, what the aztecs did was wrong.

Spain was a better civilization with wrongs certainly they were not perfect but they were much more civilized

The incas also had slaves and practivced human sacrifice
Yes, I totally agree with your line of thought. For instance if tomm the US and the rest of the works think that Mexico's drug culture is a global evil & that the drug cartels there are getting too powerful such that the state of Mexico can't handle them & given the evil those cartels have perpetrated, going by your own logic, if the US got the UNSC to pass a Security Council resolution authorizing the invasion of Mexico to cull all these barbaric practises & the fact that the Mexicans are themselves a primitive people with no chance of advancing whatsoever & they'd have a much better future under American occupation, I'm sure you'd agree with that line of argument & support the US invasion of Mexico, now, wouldn't you?

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
But that's precisely what I've pointed out. Cortez & his conquistadors conquered the Aztecs because they wanted to end these barbaric practises. Whatever benefits they derived out of it was all incidental! Their main purpose was to deliver the non Aztecs from their plight & to spread the word of Christ. It's a total shame, none of them were canonized.
Cortes was a soldier, he simple helped the natives to free temselves from the aztecs, the period of colonization was different to your Country since the americas created territories that were part of Spain we were not colonies, we were part of Spain with some freedom

Azaad

Country flag
Cortes was a soldier, he simple helped the natives to free temselves from the aztecs, the period of colonization was different to your Country since the americas created territories that were part of Spain we were not colonies, we were part of Spain with some freedom
Of course you were part of Spain with "some " freedom. Had you continued to be part of Spain you'd be in the EU today & your standards of living would be much better than what it is today. Why did you wage a war of Independence against Spain then? BTW you didn't answer why wasn't Cortez & his companions not canonized by the Catholic Church? After all they liberated the non Aztecs, brought peace to Mexico & the message of Christ there.

Blademaster

your assertion is pretty false and I will put you a very simple modern example.

Drug dealers kill, got it? their religion is killing and their rituals are satanist/ I can assure the Aztecs were not different, most of the crap history presented by Galeano is because he does not tell you facts any person with decency knows
View attachment 203783

Jeffry Dammer a modern canibal

Can you imagine having hundreds like him killing people and eating people doing human sacrifice

When you really understand that you will understand why Spain brought peace to the americas

View attachment 203792

Human sacrifice is a barbaric practice, drug dealers keep skulls of their victims, but you seem too like Galeano forget the human sacrifice and canibalism is barbaric
This reminds me of how Romans would characterize & narrate the Carthaginians as human child sacrificing culture and how this was evil and Carthage must be destroyed. Archeologists and historians have shown that this narrative was patently false and an example of false propaganda being used to rile up a population into doing something violent against another population. Like the mullahs are trying to do the same with their own followers against any other religion followers.

Blademaster

Gawd you are so laughable. You would criticize the Aztecs for doing something so awful that it would justify the invasions of the white man even though it has been on record that the white man has killed far more native americans than the Aztecs ever did with the use of slavery, chattel, bonded servitude, etc.

This reminds me of how the British justified their presence in India when they used the practice of sati as justification for subjugation of the Indian populace and bringing their own religion into India.

Save it, you are just another version of the Britshits trying to justify their colonial past. You are using the Aztec past to justify the subjugation of the Native Americans and wiping out their culture. There were far more other Native American cultures than just the Aztecs and were peaceful and yet your ancestors wiped them out anyway or subjugated them to slavery and forced servitude.

I like your posts about Mexican aeronautical industry and defense products but please leave this sort of crap outside of this forum. We have little tolerance and patience for people using the same tactics as the Britshits did to justify their colonial past, especially when slavery & massive subjugation of Native American became one of the dominant narratives of that past.

So leave that shit out.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Gawd you are so laughable. You would criticize the Aztecs for doing something so awful that it would justify the invasions of the white man even though it has been on record that the white man has killed far more native americans than the Aztecs ever did with the use of slavery, chattel, bonded servitude, etc.

This reminds me of how the British justified their presence in India when they used the practice of sati as justification for subjugation of the Indian populace and bringing their own religion into India.

Save it, you are just another version of the Britshits trying to justify their colonial past. You are using the Aztec past to justify the subjugation of the Native Americans and wiping out their culture. There were far more other Native American cultures than just the Aztecs and were peaceful and yet your ancestors wiped them out anyway or subjugated them to slavery and forced servitude.

I like your posts about Mexican aeronautical industry and defense products but please leave this sort of crap outside of this forum. We have little tolerance and patience for people using the same tactics as the Britshits did to justify their colonial past, especially when slavery & massive subjugation of Native American became one of the dominant narratives of that past.

So leave that shit out.
Historians should always tell the truth or at least try, The aztec were a nation like Jamaica is, they subjugated several nations named Atzcapozalco or Tacuba, so there was no unity, The white man are human, like any other human, the term invasion is also appliable to what the Aztecs did to the Tlaxcaltecans, sorry but you can not force your view in others, nor you will make change my opinion about the History of my country which frankly you do not know,

When the Spanish came they brough knowledge such as Algebra, optics, cattle, new agriculture technics, medicine, they abolished canibalism, Human sacrice.
Nobody is saying the aztecs were all bad, but their culture had inhuman practices.

any way most Mexicans have spanish blood so the concept of Invasion is relative, my ancestor are both Native american and Spanish so call part of me slave or invader does not make sense, so relax and stop pretending you understand a culture that probably you do not know beyond videos or books.

Last edited:

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Of course you were part of Spain with "some " freedom. Had you continued to be part of Spain you'd be in the EU today & your standards of living would be much better than what it is today. Why did you wage a war of Independence against Spain then? BTW you didn't answer why wasn't Cortez & his companions not canonized by the Catholic Church? After all they liberated the non Aztecs, brought peace to Mexico & the message of Christ there.
to understand history you have to understand our indepence was forced by the USA and British secret societies, their plan was to cut links between Spain and the territories in America.

Our independece has US interventionism, supporting one side and Europe and Spain pulling other side.

The independence was a result of the napoleonic invasion of Spain that forced more authonomy to the viceroyalties of the americas, they were supported by the USA imperialism.

But like any empire Spain had its sunset, and like the Soviet empire, the Spanish empire fell pray to nationalisms and local authorities disobedience to the central government.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles